Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin safer than banking? - page 26. (Read 3101 times)

Activity: 90
Merit: 0
September 10, 2018, 05:57:47 AM
I think the use of Bitcoin is more convenient than the bank. Bitcoin Transmission Facility Besides, strict security is used in the exchange of bitcoin. Moreover, if you do not have a solid password. Then there is the possibility of damages. Safe in banking than Bitcoin. Because the bank stole your money, you can get it back. If the bank can open up, then your account will be blocked. But in case of Bitcoin, if your password is weak or hacked it will never be returned. So this is as safe as the banks bitcoin.
Activity: 76
September 10, 2018, 05:47:44 AM
Reports have it that bank frauds still continue to happen despite of strict security measures being taken by the banks. Just between January to July 2018, just timeshare fraud alone had 1.155 reported cases. It's when you’re told you can go on a free holiday or get rich by joining an exclusive holiday club or timeshare programme, but you’re eventually forced to pay for it through small print in the contact. That is not to mention other types of fraud like identity theft etc.

This gets me thinking, is it safer to just have bitcoins, or cryptocurrencies for that matter since it's not regulated by banks? What do you think?
Bitcoin is really safe and secure. Paper wallets can be used to store bitcoins offline, which significantly decreases the chances of the cryptocurrency being stolen by hackers or computer viruses.
Activity: 159
Merit: 2
September 10, 2018, 05:41:02 AM
Yes, becouse its based on blockchain. Banks can be off at any moment, but millions of other peoples - cant. I think its more safety
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 18706
September 10, 2018, 05:06:41 AM
Well, i think the example you give isn't a really good one... Human stupidity is human stupidity wether you're using the traditional banking system or bitcoin.

Exactly. Having complete control over your funds as you do with Bitcoin is obviously a huge advantage over the fiat bank system, but can also be a disadvantage if you are careless with security.

If your credit card gets cloned, or your account gets hacked, chances are your bank will pick up on suspicious activities and lock your account. Even if they don't, you may be able to claim back money that was stolen. If you are careless with your Bitcoin, using weak passwords or brain wallets or something similar, then tough - the funds are gone and there's nothing you can do about it.

Crypto is perfect if you want to be free of the nanny state overseeing all your transactions, but the buck then stops with you - you can't go crying to some higher power when you mess up your security.
Activity: 316
Merit: 10
September 10, 2018, 05:04:52 AM
It's depend upon you if you have Trust to BTC and other crypto currencies. It's the matter of self decisions if you rely to other you will not know it's safe or not. Maybe not just rely to the bad news that you read , just believe on your self and to the power of digital currencies.
Activity: 868
Merit: 265
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
September 10, 2018, 04:41:55 AM
What exactly are you talking about safely? Bitcoin can be safer than banks, especially for high-volume investments. Also, if I make a monetary transaction today, I can transfer money to the other end of the world in maximum 15-20 minutes. Moreover, no matter how much money you have, the transaction fee is fixed. In the future, the spread of bitcoin will increase as it is converted into money or used as a means of payment. Yes, I think it's safer!
legendary
Activity: 3514
Merit: 5123
https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC
September 10, 2018, 04:38:19 AM
Reports have it that bank frauds still continue to happen despite of strict security measures being taken by the banks. Just between January to July 2018, just timeshare fraud alone had 1.155 reported cases. It's when you’re told you can go on a free holiday or get rich by joining an exclusive holiday club or timeshare programme, but you’re eventually forced to pay for it through small print in the contact. That is not to mention other types of fraud like identity theft etc.

This gets me thinking, is it safer to just have bitcoins, or cryptocurrencies for that matter since it's not regulated by banks? What do you think?

Well, i think the example you give isn't a really good one... Human stupidity is human stupidity wether you're using the traditional banking system or bitcoin.
If you're stupid enough to sign a legally binding timeshare contract, it doesn't matter if you have all your funds in a traditional FIAT bank account or HODL'ing BTC, you'll still be forced to pay up each and every month.

That being said: bitcoin is decentral, there is no central authority, and it's based upon time-tested cryptographic techniques. This means that, if you hold a traditional bank account, a judge can just sign a piece of paper with which the timeshare company can go to your bank and force them to wire your money to their account. In a BTC world, no piece of paper could ever take your BTC behind your back, you'd always have to make a transaction yourself OR you'd have to fork over your private key/seed phrase/HW wallet pin code. That being said: a judge will always have ways to force you to pay your debts... I'd rather pay a timeshare company their dues instead of going to prison.

The big difference lays in de decentralised part: if you use traditional banks, your account details are just a row in a centralised relational database managed by the banking industry. If they get a piece of paper signed by a judge, they can just edit, update or delete your record in their database (with our without your knowledge/aproval).

In the bitcoin world, nobody but you can spend your unspent outputs (unless they have your private keys).
Activity: 112
September 10, 2018, 04:34:50 AM

Pages:
Jump to: