Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin vulnerable? - page 3. (Read 2250 times)

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
June 11, 2015, 10:05:46 AM
Do you know what a black out is? Well one of them on a global scale. I.e no electricity. It's a bit post-apolitical to be honest and if that did happen bitcoin would be the least of my worries.

ahh and why is OP asking about BTC is this scenario?...as you mentioned, it would be the least thing to care..
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1098
June 11, 2015, 09:41:31 AM
There is nothing reliable invincible!
The maximum value of the block p2p 32 mb?
What happens if all the people of the earth will move to Bitcoin? All have enough space on the transaction?
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
June 11, 2015, 09:38:19 AM
No.

But here is some food for thought.

What if there was a global black out, some how... wouldn't bitcoin be vulnerable to someone with solar powered computer and internet access?- (an engineered global black out just in case you were going to say that there wouldn't be internet access"

Even without bitcoin we are mostly reliant on digital age now.  If stuff gets hacked or goes down there will be big changes and power shifts in the world.  Maybe if bitcoin becomes very popular perhaps the elites in power now will stage some type of blackout and send themselves 50% of bitcoin?

you get it
legendary
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
June 11, 2015, 09:34:15 AM
No.

What if there was a global black out, some how... wouldn't bitcoin be vulnerable to someone with solar powered computer and internet access?- (an engineered global black out just in case you were going to say that there wouldn't be internet access"

Even without bitcoin we are mostly reliant on digital age now.  If stuff gets hacked or goes down there will be big changes and power shifts in the world.  Maybe if bitcoin becomes very popular perhaps the elites in power now will stage some type of blackout and send themselves 50% of bitcoin?
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
June 11, 2015, 09:28:49 AM
What is a "solar powered computer"?
Solar is just a source of energy. At the end of the day the computer or series o computers are going to need to be more powerful than 51%+ of all existing computers within th Bitcoin network, which is nonsense, because at that point it would be more beneficial to be a good actor than a bad actor, thats why Bitcoin is indeed invulnerable.
Activity: 366
Merit: 250
June 11, 2015, 09:27:53 AM
global black out? can you please tell us, what you mean by this term? I never heard about it before...

Do you know what a black out is? Well one of them on a global scale. I.e no electricity. It's a bit post-apolitical to be honest and if that did happen bitcoin would be the least of my worries.
legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
June 11, 2015, 09:21:55 AM
global black out? can you please tell us, what you mean by this term? I never heard about it before...
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
June 11, 2015, 09:15:43 AM
No.

Pages:
Jump to: