Pages:
Author

Topic: Is BitFUnix and the Tether dollar USDT about to crash the Bitcoin market? - page 4. (Read 7016 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 265
r0ach sees a downtrend because he became a bitcoin hater after getting caught in a bad trade, but I still see an uptrend if we draw other lines. You can draw any lines you want to fit you expectations.

Show me. Using TradingView.com please to make a accurate chart.

I think uptrend is clear. I dont want to move to USD and tell banks I own BTC so I will hold any dips.

I don't either. Holding a 30% dip leaves a lot of BTC that could be had, on the table.

That is why so many traders are using USDT, so that means it is huge centralized vulnerability in the Bitcoin ecosystem! Even more huge than Bitfinex. On par with Mt. Gox.

And even about Bitfinex, I have some doubts. They would not "crash" the market, but instead would maybe create a small drop in value, of about 100$, in case they run away. Which seems doubtful to me.

USDT is used on Poloniex also! The Bitfinex hack caused a -33% crash. Mt. Gox caused a -90% crash.

I would guess maybe a USDT failure will come later when BTC is at nosebleed prices again. Perhaps not enough Bitcoiners use USDT yet, so give it more time to become more widely used.
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
I do not think they are about to crash the Bitcoin price for the sole reason that you are putting both of them in the same answer. Because while I see some potential troubles coming with Bitfinex, I see absolutely none with Tether.

And even about Bitfinex, I have some doubts. They would not "crash" the market, but instead would maybe create a small drop in value, of about 100$, in case they run away. Which seems doubtful to me.
my understanding is that you have joined the FUD team against bitcoin. maybe a temporary phase but that is what's happening in my opinion.

Raising a legitimate concern and phrasing it as a question is FUD  Huh

bitcoin price is not gonna drop unless bitfinex runs away. which is not at all likely. if they wanted to run away they would have done it after the hack not now. not after they paid their users back.
even if they run away, it will be a short drop exactly like when their exchange platform was hacked and price dropped.

Famous last words. How can you know what Bitfinex is doing? How can you know what the true reserves of Tether's USDT really are?

Did you not click the links in the OP about the recent news stories?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
my understanding is that you have joined the FUD team against bitcoin. maybe a temporary phase but that is what's happening in my opinion.

bitcoin price is not gonna drop unless bitfinex runs away. which is not at all likely. if they wanted to run away they would have done it after the hack not now. not after they paid their users back.
even if they run away, it will be a short drop exactly like when their exchange platform was hacked and price dropped.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1006
r0ach sees a downtrend because he became a bitcoin hater after getting caught in a bad trade, but I still see an uptrend if we draw other lines. You can draw any lines you want to fit you expectations.
I think uptrend is clear. I dont want to move to USD and tell banks I own BTC so I will hold any dips.
Pages:
Jump to: