Pages:
Author

Topic: is chipmixer .be legit or fake - page 2. (Read 226 times)

legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
June 03, 2023, 12:33:39 PM
legit or fake since i heard that original chipmixer .com seized by FBI

There were a lot of fake clones of CM even in the days it was operating. Of course, the original was seized and the fake clones keep operating, because... the agencies work by Murphy's laws  Cheesy
So I would avoid those sites.

There are plenty of mixers advertised here on bitcointalk, they may not be for free like CM was, but at least they do operate.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 744
June 03, 2023, 09:38:59 AM
Am not familiar with the site you are referring at OP but, I can almost be certain it's fake out of speculation.

1. Firstly, should Chipmixer be looking to start a new site, to keep there customers while the pursue there case in court, they would as well announce it somehow on there site or where ever they do some publicity campaign.

2. Any attempt to create a new site would be undermining there case in court which is centered on scam and more scam charges would be filed at them to have which to continue business (scam) even with there reputation an legitimacy of the claims yet to be proven. (Note: am not saying Chipmixer is or was ever a scam, that's left for the court to decide).

Be mindful what you go with and in the event that your unsure, there are other mixers in the forum like, Sinbad.io, Coinomize.biz, Yomix.io and the likes of those.
You could do your findings before picking any.
That's correct; we'd probably be the first ones to know about a possible Chipmixer re-launch on the forum; it was one of the most, if not the most, well-known service here due to its signature campaign and by being an established mixer for quite a few years. On top of that, Chipmixer was only running through an onion link, which could only be accessed using the Tor browser. Thus, any kind of Chipmixer website on the Clearnet is almost definitely a scam or phishing attempt. Thus, it'd be best to stay away from any kind of website that resembles the real CM and stick to a few alternative mixers that you can find around the forum.
Activity: 896
Merit: 645
June 03, 2023, 09:32:16 AM
Am not familiar with the site you are referring at OP but, I can almost be certain it's fake out of speculation.

1. Firstly, should Chipmixer be looking to start a new site, to keep there customers while the pursue there case in court, they would as well announce it somehow on there site or where ever they do some publicity campaign.

2. Any attempt to create a new site would be undermining there case in court which is centered on scam and more scam charges would be filed at them to have which to continue business (scam) even with there reputation an legitimacy of the claims yet to be proven. (Note: am not saying Chipmixer is or was ever a scam, that's left for the court to decide).

Be mindful what you go with and in the event that your unsure, there are other mixers in the forum like, Sinbad.io, Coinomize.biz, Yomix.io and the likes of those.
You could do your findings before picking any.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 269
June 03, 2023, 09:31:10 AM
Hi
is btc mixer chipmixer .be legit or fake since i heard that original chipmixer .com seized by FBI

After the FBI seized Chipmixer there's so many clones and fake Chipmixer sites if you're not updated on the latest news about Chipmixer you could fall to these clones and phishing Chipmixer sites, there are new mixers in the community if you want to find one you can check the service announcement
be sure to read users' feedback so you'll have ideas if this is the kind of mixer you're looking for.
staff
Activity: 3402
Merit: 6065
June 03, 2023, 08:47:29 AM
Yes, the real site has been seized. The domain you shared was only bought a month ago (30th of April), this is just another phishing attempt.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
June 03, 2023, 08:44:07 AM
Hi
is btc mixer chipmixer .be legit or fake since i heard that original chipmixer .com seized by FBI
Pages:
Jump to: