Pages:
Author

Topic: Is coinbase a safe wallet - page 4. (Read 32052 times)

legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
May 14, 2016, 04:51:24 AM
As per the question is coinbase a safer wallet than blockchain

As long as you do not do anything illegal you can use coinbase wallet, if you do anything illegal then they will close/freeze your account. I use sometimes the coinbase wallet as i have their application on my phone and it is good and safe enough. The cons about coinbase is that if their servers or website goes offline then you can't use your bitcoins.
copper member
Activity: 1442
Merit: 529
May 14, 2016, 02:09:14 AM
The point of bitcoin in the first place is for it to be your own bank. How can it be your own bank when someone else controls it for you in the case of coinbase and blockchain ? I suggest you start being your own bank by using desktop wallets like Electrum and MultibitHD which are quite secure and much more user friendly. The worst of all bitcoin wallets are web based ones.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
May 13, 2016, 11:45:34 PM
both of them are online (web) wallets which are considered bad wallets which are unsafe.

the difference between the two is that you have access to your private keys on blockchain.info while you don't have access on coinbase so if coinbase blocks your account because of their TOS you can't do anything and will lose your money.

also both can be hacked, they both have username and password type of login so they are susceptible . you can use 2FA to increase the security a bit though.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001
Personal Text Space Not For Sale
May 13, 2016, 08:49:24 PM
I believe that Coinbase is safe as it is being backed up by a somewhat large company. Which mean they have the right people and tools for all your needs. In addition, take a look at this webpage if you haven't - https://www.coinbase.com/security/.

However, I'd strongly recommend you to stay away from web based wallet as far as possible.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008
Welt Am Draht
May 13, 2016, 08:40:17 PM
As with blockchain.info, you're not safe against hacks at your end. You are insured if they get hacked. If you fall afoul of their rules such as them being able to trace your coins for gambling or selling them on then they'll boot you out. Personally I'm not interested in playing by their rules.
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1069
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 13, 2016, 08:10:40 PM
I highly recommend coinbase. It has no issue at all and it is more userfriendly and with a highly advance service. It's API is most popular and implemented in a lot of sites. It is not just a wallet but a complete manager.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
May 13, 2016, 07:32:24 PM
As per the question is coinbase a safer wallet than blockchain
Pages:
Jump to: