Pages:
Author

Topic: Is doge dying off? - page 3. (Read 8907 times)

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
December 25, 2013, 04:57:57 PM
all those shitty altcoin are here because of asic, blame it, they made bitcoin mining centralized

btc mining should have stayed with gpu

also people are really mad cuz they have missed the btc train

ASIC has not made Bitcoin mining centralized at all, it's just that so many people actually know about mining now that the competition makes it impossible to mine as a get rich quick scheme.

Putting together a good GPU rig back when difficulty justified it cost just as much if not more than an ASIC unit today.

gpu would have taken many years to rise the difficulty at such level
Activity: 797
Merit: 251
December 25, 2013, 04:57:48 PM
Look at the history of ADT and you will see the future of DOGE.
haters gonna hate

same shit every time, there is a new train and they will miss it, they blame the coin lmao

The problem is:

Doge has nothing new. And a meme gets old very quickly. It gets really annoying.

Litecoin was something new, different. Quark was something new. Dogecoin, Catcoin, Kittiecoin, Hotcoin, Earthcoin, ... all are the same.
The same codebase, just a few parameters adjusted.

Miners like me jump on this coins to make big profits during the first days/weeks and then dump after the coin hits an exchange. Go to the next coin and repeat.
I don't care about the buyers. I just want more return than mining litecoin. Simple as that. And all with rigs bigger than 10 MH/s think the same. It's about profit, not believe. We don't care about the future of a coin, we care about the return. As long as the return is much bigger than the electricity cost, we will mine the shit out of every crapcoin.

I dumped 50% of my Memorycoin 2.0 earnings. I mined less than 1 day on release day -> return nearly 1 bitcoin!
For what? Doing nothing. Somebody has to lose money if I earn something. It's not fair, but it's the same with every altcoin -> scam some newbies.

Psst dont say it too loud, sheeps may read that  Wink
And its not about doing nothing, i must read shitloads of useless topics until i find some reliable informations like: where are new coins, how to mine them as fast as possible and how big is its community (and at what price to sell, its the hardest thing to predict, selling too early or too late = kicking into head).
Activity: 492
Merit: 250
December 25, 2013, 04:53:28 PM
Doge won't die because: COMMUNITY

and then there is

CHINA.

Nothing can overcome the relentless raping and dumping of the botnets, etc. All coins nearly die from it. Quark was no exception.

There are 2 differences between Doge and Quark.

First, Quark has already been raped and dumped for months. Doge is new and has to go through this phase. This will drive the price of Doge down down and yes down.

Second Quark's distribution is different, nearly all of its coins have been minted, there can be no more raping and dumping. Doge follows the old distribution where it will be profitable to rape and dump for many years to come. This will limit the price of Doge for a long time.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
December 25, 2013, 04:51:17 PM
ops i mean the btc mining train

That is what merged mining is for. There are still people trying to avoid the CoiLedCoin and GeistGeld trains, and the GRouPcoin train is only barely starting to get up steam.

We don't even know yet how many chains can realistically be merged into one merge because of the shortage of chains to try it with.

(And the failure of so many miners to merged mine, and the failure of many merged miners to actually merge all the coins.)

-MarkM-
Activity: 667
Merit: 500
December 25, 2013, 04:50:57 PM
all those shitty altcoin are here because of asic, blame it, they made bitcoin mining centralized

ASIC has not made Bitcoin mining centralized at all, it's just that so many people actually know about mining now that the competition makes it impossible to mine as a get rich quick scheme.

Putting together a good GPU rig back when difficulty justified it cost just as much if not more than an ASIC unit today.
legendary
December 25, 2013, 04:49:22 PM
ops i mean the btc mining train
legendary
December 25, 2013, 04:48:44 PM
No-one has missed the bitcoin train.

You can still pick up bitcoins for less than a grand apiece fergoshsakes even this very day! Get real.

-MarkM-
legendary
December 25, 2013, 04:47:00 PM

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
December 25, 2013, 04:45:02 PM
Doge won't die because: COMMUNITY

and then there is

CHINA.
legendary
December 25, 2013, 04:44:11 PM
funny thing is that he put quark as a good coin trololol

"quark was something new" yeah was the first instamined crap, that's was new for sure lmao
legendary
December 25, 2013, 04:43:51 PM
If the doge won't come to moon then moon must go to the doge.

Thats the spirit! Doge can haz moonz! Kennedy would be proud of you.

How many moonz you want with thoze?

-MarkM-
legendary
December 25, 2013, 04:40:13 PM
haters gonna hate

same shit every time, there is a new train and they will miss it, they blame the coin lmao

The problem is:

Doge has nothing new. And a meme gets old very quickly. It gets really annoying.

Litecoin was something new, different. Quark was something new. Dogecoin, Catcoin, Kittiecoin, Hotcoin, Earthcoin, ... all are the same.

Miners like me jump on this coins to make big profits during the first days/weeks and then dump after the coin hits an exchange. Go to the next coin and repeat.
I don't care about the buyers. I just want more return than mining litecoin. Simple as that. And all with rigs bigger than 10 MH/s think the same. It's about profit, not believe. We don't care about the future of a coin, we care about the return. As long as the return is much bigger than the electricity cost, we will mine the shit out of every crapcoin.

I dumped 50% of my Memorycoin 2.0 earnings. I mined less than 1 day on release day -> return nearly 1 bitcoin!
For what? Doing nothing. Somebody has to lose money if I earn something. It's not fair, but it's the same with every altcoin -> scam some newbies.

Yeah we get it, you are not Celingdoge and nor are most miners.

So what? Either Ceilingdoge upholds his currency or he does not, you migrant miners aka blockchain-gangbangers are just minor annoyances any blockchain based currency has to be ready willing and able to withstand.

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
December 25, 2013, 04:35:38 PM

This is what I initially expected to happen with DOGE.  It would collapse as early coins were sold by miners on exchanges.  But it's on three exchanges now and has recovered from one nasty drop from 100+ satoshi to 40 and now back to 90.

The coin has a lot of support for an alt and has surprised me so far.
legendary
December 25, 2013, 04:13:58 PM
Quark has something new. Lel.

It is still a scam, but the codebase is completly different. Watch yourself. But probably you can't even code...

clone of primecoin
Activity: 140
Bitcoin - love & hate
December 25, 2013, 04:12:40 PM

It is still a scam, but the codebase is completly different. Watch yourself. But probably you can't even code...
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
December 25, 2013, 04:09:53 PM
If the doge won't come to moon then moon must go to the doge.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
December 25, 2013, 04:01:39 PM
Activity: 140
Bitcoin - love & hate
December 25, 2013, 03:57:53 PM
haters gonna hate

The problem is:

legendary
December 25, 2013, 03:54:06 PM
Well fair price seems vaguely, off-hand, 1/10th of a DeVCoin or thereabouts so yeah if fair price for a DeVCoin is 100 satoshis 10 ought to seem fair for a DOGE.

Mostly it is just a matter of can the folks who are buying low and selling high keep the lowest satoshis of price stacked high enough with buy offers to gobble up each day's minted-to-dump coins?

Shouldn't be a problem if Ceilingdoge really exists, backing/upholding his currency, since all he has to do is recycle coins sold high into coins bought low. Also known as using what the coins are sold for as "reserves" with which to "back" the currency.

Everyone knows Ceilingcat and Santa are real, so why not CeilingDoge and the Easter Bunny too?

-MarkM-
Activity: 797
Merit: 251
December 25, 2013, 03:16:18 PM
When someone misses the train there is only one option - DONT buy when missed. If it will do all who missed the train, the train must run out of steam. No  buyers, no train.

And missing a train and jumping out when price peaks are 2 different things. I will make rebuy but not now but when the huge sell walls at Cryptsy will melt doges value and make fair price around 10 satoshis.

There are 2 camps - those who bought over 150 satoshi and those who didnt.
Pages:
Jump to: