Pages:
Author

Topic: Is doge dying off? - page 5. (Read 8907 times)

Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
December 25, 2013, 05:27:27 AM
those buy orders as few as there are are for big amounts, while the sell orders are quite small.

That might be because one buys billions for (if possible) a satoshi each, then posts sell orders at every satoshi of price on the sell side, so you have a billion "sell one coin" orders at a billion different prices on the sell side for each billion coins you buy on the buy side.

Or are you looking at the total depth, the entire pile of sell orders all the way up into stratospheric prices (including those that people aren't bothering to type in on any exchanges yet due to current going rate on exchanges being way down in the less than a thousand satoshis per coin range) ?

-MarkM-

Looking at the market in depth, also i believe most experienced miners of this coin have chosen to keep the coin as a long term investment, I know i have, most that have sold have sold out of panic for the drop in price, Hopefully long term will pay much higher rewards, always a risk but well worth taking on this coin.

Haha, totally. Holding a short-lived meme coin long term is DEFINITELY a risk worth taking.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
December 25, 2013, 06:11:50 AM
Feathercoin V2.0, IMO.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090
December 25, 2013, 05:39:30 AM
Holding the one coin that has over 50% of the hashpower makes a lot of sense, and even holding both of the coins that have 50% each makes a lot of sense, It is when you start to think about holding a third coin that it goes way downhill real fast since of any three it is a mathematical certainty that at least one of them has less than half of the hashpower.

So if DOGE was adopted to replace the one that had previously been number three or number two that would make sense. Just keep de-listing whichever of three is the one that had less than half...

But so far Vircurex has not dropped any, which leads to worry that simply by doing a quick hype yet another could get on there, and over time more and more no longer anywhere near half the hash rate coins could end up accumulating so it'd gradually accumulate more and more crap...

-MarkM-
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 23, 2013, 11:05:59 AM
those buy orders as few as there are are for big amounts, while the sell orders are quite small.

That might be because one buys billions for (if possible) a satoshi each, then posts sell orders at every satoshi of price on the sell side, so you have a billion "sell one coin" orders at a billion different prices on the sell side for each billion coins you buy on the buy side.

Or are you looking at the total depth, the entire pile of sell orders all the way up into stratospheric prices (including those that people aren't bothering to type in on any exchanges yet due to current going rate on exchanges being way down in the less than a thousand satoshis per coin range) ?

-MarkM-

Looking at the market in depth, also i believe most experienced miners of this coin have chosen to keep the coin as a long term investment, I know i have, most that have sold have sold out of panic for the drop in price, Hopefully long term will pay much higher rewards, always a risk but well worth taking on this coin.
Activity: 492
Merit: 250
December 23, 2013, 10:52:41 AM
Lots of money getting thrown around on DOGE.

Consequently, price movement will be very constrained.

Take some of that BTC sitting on the buy side and buy something like GDC.

GDC can easily go to 2000 from 300. A big gainer. Doge might go up 5.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011
In Satoshi I Trust
December 23, 2013, 10:46:49 AM
Are you guys so naive? Doge was a hype. A bubble. It is worthless. Find a coin that has something new. Not another scrypt copy coin that you hope it will go off somehow...

wait some months, then its dead.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!
December 23, 2013, 10:41:41 AM
It is supposed to be worth less, that is the whole point of having a large number of coins per block.

It should be worth about a tenth of what DeVCoin is worth; don't pay more than one DeVCoin per ten DOGE and you should be fine, IF they support it and promote it and keep plugging away at it and building things around it and so on as long term doggedly as the DeVCoin folks do for DeVCoin.

If they abandon it, well fine, it is in Vircurex fergoshsakes, do you think all the "reputable" coins that managed to convince Vircurex to list them are likely to let a coin on Vircurex die a horrible death if they can find any way to prevent it? Think how much value all those coins will lose if Vircurex starts being regarded as just another scam-central, leading to folks thinking all the other coins there are probably also scams?

-MarkM-

Vircurex tends to list based on hash rate.  Dogecoin is like the 3rd or maybe even 2nd most mined scrypt coin.

So, it does mean it has a lot of support.   All I am saying is that the price will go down in the short term,  there are just too many coins.  Now if the marketcap remains the same, that would be an amazing feat!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
December 23, 2013, 10:24:59 AM
Just to clarify for people who may not know

Buy and Sell orders you see are the sum totals of various peoples orders. It's not just one person buying 50 BTC of doge, it's many peoples orders to buy or sell at whatever price it is.

Just in case someone doesn't know this already lol
legendary
December 23, 2013, 10:09:47 AM
It is supposed to be worth less, that is the whole point of having a large number of coins per block.

It should be worth about a tenth of what DeVCoin is worth; don't pay more than one DeVCoin per ten DOGE and you should be fine, IF they support it and promote it and keep plugging away at it and building things around it and so on as long term doggedly as the DeVCoin folks do for DeVCoin.

If they abandon it, well fine, it is in Vircurex fergoshsakes, do you think all the "reputable" coins that managed to convince Vircurex to list them are likely to let a coin on Vircurex die a horrible death if they can find any way to prevent it? Think how much value all those coins will lose if Vircurex starts being regarded as just another scam-central, leading to folks thinking all the other coins there are probably also scams?

-MarkM-
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
December 23, 2013, 09:59:46 AM
it's on it's way out. I think IFC and COL are worth more at this point. hell, it's gone straight down since it listed.

COL dev is leaving his project, so I'm not sure if this coin has bright future.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4097322

it was an example, IFC and COL are 2 of the lowest value coins on the market, but DOGE is worth even less
Activity: 676
Merit: 500
December 23, 2013, 09:57:10 AM
it's on it's way out. I think IFC and COL are worth more at this point. hell, it's gone straight down since it listed.

COL dev is leaving his project, so I'm not sure if this coin has bright future.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.4097322
legendary
December 23, 2013, 09:46:45 AM
Why would the seller buy back?

So they don't have to waste their precious electricity, limited as it is by the amperage the power lines into their house or datacentre can supply, on crapcoins they can pick up on exchanges cheaper than they can sell them on exchanges?

I didn't bother mining DOGE for example, why would I when I can pick up millions dirt cheap on the way up sell them higher up and pick them back up again cheap again on the way down, leaving me with as many or more than I bought initially plus a bunch of bitcoins of profit?

-MarkM-
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
December 23, 2013, 09:43:26 AM
could be someone with a large numbers of doge , and it does not want that they lose their value, so he created a buy wall.
legendary
December 23, 2013, 09:43:08 AM

-MarkM-

On cryptsy you have:

0.00000051   18.71053455 BTC
0.00000050   64.23634161 BTC

That is a ridiculous amount of BTC to spend on a coin that has only been mined for a bit over a week.  What happens in 1 month,  6 months,  2 years?

It is just surprising how people can't really see which coins are worth investing in long term and which ones are not.

Those bitcoins seem to me very likely to be merely a giving back of a part of the "take", rather than actual "investment", since yesterday over 80 bitcoins were spent on DOGE on Vircurex and today we see less than 80 bitcoins buy wall. The difference between the number  of bitcoins the buywall-placer sold DOGE for yesterday and the number of bitcoins in the buywall might well be their take-home profit for the day.

Meanwhile that buy wall has likely lured many wannabe-buyers into paying 51 or more satoshis for DOGE that the wall bought for 50.

-MarkM-

Why would the seller buy back?
legendary
December 23, 2013, 09:40:43 AM

-MarkM-

On cryptsy you have:

That is a ridiculous amount of BTC to spend on a coin that has only been mined for a bit over a week.  What happens in 1 month,  6 months,  2 years?

It is just surprising how people can't really see which coins are worth investing in long term and which ones are not.

Those bitcoins seem to me very likely to be merely a giving back of a part of the "take", rather than actual "investment", since yesterday over 80 bitcoins were spent on DOGE on Vircurex and today we see less than 80 bitcoins buy wall. The difference between the number  of bitcoins the buywall-placer sold DOGE for yesterday and the number of bitcoins in the buywall might well be their take-home profit for the day.

Meanwhile that buy wall has likely lured many wannabe-buyers into paying 51 or more satoshis for DOGE that the wall bought for 50.

Bear in mind that the wall causes the coin market cap site(s) to show a high market cap for DOGE, leading to people who just blindly buy whatever is near the top of the market cap sites running over to an exchange to buy DOGE for more than the wall is buying them for.

-MarkM-
Activity: 1344
Merit: 261
December 23, 2013, 09:35:48 AM
legendary
December 23, 2013, 09:35:34 AM

-MarkM-

On cryptsy you have:

That is a ridiculous amount of BTC to spend on a coin that has only been mined for a bit over a week.  What happens in 1 month,  6 months,  2 years?

legendary
December 23, 2013, 09:31:58 AM

Well,  clearly there a lot of folks buying Dogecoin.

I think the buyers are brain dead,  but I can't complain.  I'm happily mining Dogecoin to sell to them.

legendary
December 23, 2013, 09:31:50 AM

-MarkM-
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
December 23, 2013, 09:25:19 AM
Pages:
Jump to: