Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Ethereum the closest coin that can be compared to Bitcoin? - page 2. (Read 398 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 2
REMIIT.IO
You got that right! Ethereum is the queen, the 1st runner up, the silver medalist, Robin and Tonto rolled into one. At below $500 right now, it is a very good buy. Get ‘em while you can before it hits $1,000 by the end of the year.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
Yeah sure, ethereum is very good, though it cannot be compare with bitcoin because they are two separate coin and does different things, it will be better to say ethereum is second most popular coin after bitcoin.
Activity: 208
Merit: 1
By looking at the market cap of all coins, seems like Ethereum is next to Bitcoin. But in an OVER-ALL ASPECT among all Altcoins, is Ethereum the closest thing that can be compared to Bitcoin? What do you think?
probably so because nowadays many people say if Ethereum tried to take and replace bitcoin place but that is impossible because Bitcoin and Ethereum are contradictory and Ethereum is only the best coin after Bitcoin and both of these coins can indeed be compared for its price
Activity: 172
Merit: 2
ETH is a must have coin in your portfolio.
It's like holding shares of Apple when they were low
Buy and forget about it, sometimes buying more.
Whaletank club
Activity: 392
Merit: 12
The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi
I don't think that there is any need to compare these two coins. they are absolutely different except for the fact that they have the largest capitalization volumes. Why does everyone try to compare them?
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
How can you compare too absolutely different projects? It is like comparing gold and silver. Bitcoin and ethereum has different technological base. The fact that Bitcoin and Ethereum have first and second place in coinmarketcap don't give a right to compare them.
Activity: 924
Merit: 260
Yes,  and maybe in future we may have some coins coming up that may replace that position.  I think ethereum and ripple has compete sometimes last year on the market capitalization and that means ripple and ethereum are the two major cryptocurrencies that may be next to bitcoin in future.
Activity: 83
I agree with you. Ethereum is a strong second coin after Bitcoin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 100
By looking at the market cap of all coins, seems like Ethereum is next to Bitcoin. But in an OVER-ALL ASPECT among all Altcoins, is Ethereum the closest thing that can be compared to Bitcoin? What do you think?
yes I think so too. Ethereum has a great potential to be close to bitcoin prices compared to other altcoins. because Ethereum has a clearer concept and large volume, so it can be said Ethereum has a good future.
Activity: 140
I would say if Ethereum grows very strong. This is the best altcoin at the moment. There are many people who invest in Ethereum. Ethereum has the same features as Bitcoin. And also Bitcoin and Ethereum have different uses. Bitcoin intends to use as currency and Ethereum is used for smart contracting.

Activity: 462
Merit: 62
lol, no.
Bitcoin is a crypto-currency and a Ethereum a platform for launching ico's

edit:
this should help you
Activity: 228
Merit: 10
At the moment I see there are too many people already compared to bitcoin and ethereum and most of the people say ethereum is the second coin after bitcoin. You can be compared ethereum to bitcoin because both coin is very popular in this cryptocurrency world but bitcoin price and ethereum price are different so long. If you think it will be more valuable and ethereum can touch bitcoin price? I think it is not possible at the moment.
Activity: 98
ethereum is very good that has second rank after bitcoin maybe later ethereum will have higher price like bitcoin and i hope the price of ethereum gas is not high
Activity: 273
Merit: 10
Yes it is true that ethereum is the closest coin among all coins and it can be compared to bitcoin.Ethereum and Bitcoin are most popular and they are top 1 and 2 in value price.But they are in different ways Bitcoin is in currency and Ethereum is ismart contract
Activity: 73
There are a lot of comparisons of these currencies , but they are different. But Moni can easily compete with each other.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Is the lion better than a shark? Why or why not?

It depends on how do you compare them and what do you want to use them for. Ethereum is better than Bitcoin and Bitcoin is better than Ethereum at the same time.

They’ve made several completely different design choices and as with every choice it opens some oportunities and closes dosens of others.

I would highlight a couple of main differences:

Purpose

Bitcoin is a currency
Ethereum is a platform for running decentralized apps (aka smart contracts)

Supply

Bitcoin is deflational
The overall amount of BTC ever produced is limited
Ethereum is inflational
The ETH supply in unlimited

Security

Bitcoin is simple and limited
The built-in language is stask-based and stateless
That’s why you can not express a loop and it’s not Turing-complete (this means, that there are some programs, that are impossible to write)
Ethereum has a rich programming language built-in
The built-in language is Turing-complete (this means that you can code anything you want)
More complexity implies more opportunities to make an error

Adoption

Bitcoin has a first move advantage
My mom knows what Bitcoin is
The community is a lot bigger
It’s easier to get started
Ethereum is less known and younger
It uses “move fast and break things” motto
It learned from Bitcoin and fixed a couple of issues in it’s design
The community is smaller and therefore has more developers than speculators

To sum up:

They’re not competitors
They coexist and solve different types of problems
Activity: 36
of course ethereum is very close to bitcoin. because the first rank after bitcoin is ethereum but that does not mean that ethhereum almost matches the bitcoin price. which I feel for now, ethereum will reach the first rank when bitcoin still has not improved as it is now. we better do the profit now while always looking at the market.
Activity: 95
The next best crypto currency is ETH. This coin has equally good fame and buzz in the market. But it is a little less popular than bitcoins. Then again, this coin is the next best alternative of bitcoins. Even with this terrible state in the market, ETH is still popular.
Activity: 68
Bitcoin is the most popular and reliable coin. It is the oldest coin in this market. Ethereum is relatively new in comparison to bitcoin. Eth is also doing very good in the market and it is considered to be second currency in the market. Bitcoin is in the first but eth needs more time to be a close competitor of the bitcoin.
Activity: 190
Merit: 1
i think is not real,bitcoin in king of crypto world,eth is best and this price not up to btc
Pages:
Jump to: