Pages:
Author

Topic: Is gold better than Bitcoin? - page 41. (Read 42139 times)

Activity: 1540
Merit: 507
May 15, 2016, 08:39:34 PM
Both are ok, Yes many of them will accept gold, but BTC price can drastically be changed over night, and for gold I'm not pretty sure..
So for me both are ok.

I think investing in both of them is the best thing to do, as both have great potential to give best returns in future so I will invest in both of them.

Gold has proven to be very stable for the last centuries. With bitcoin we deal with a relative new asset which has yet to prove itself.
I therefore don't believe you could compare them
I sure, The gold existence from various time to the last centuries with the very stable value just tell the main currency in the world is gold, So we can't to compare the main currency with 3rd currency like bircoin.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
May 15, 2016, 04:41:57 PM
Both are ok, Yes many of them will accept gold, but BTC price can drastically be changed over night, and for gold I'm not pretty sure..
So for me both are ok.

I think investing in both of them is the best thing to do, as both have great potential to give best returns in future so I will invest in both of them.

Gold has proven to be very stable for the last centuries. With bitcoin we deal with a relative new asset which has yet to prove itself.
I therefore don't believe you could compare them
Activity: 303
Merit: 250
May 15, 2016, 04:37:43 PM
So for me both are ok.

Activity: 249
May 15, 2016, 04:35:54 PM
So for me both are ok.
Activity: 658
May 15, 2016, 03:28:23 PM
Nowdays a lot of people choosing gold cause of stability. Bitcoin have good perspective now but bitcoin is still unstable one.

Smart people will always choose bitocoin over gold as they are aware about the potential of bitcoin, and it can give them best returns in future.
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
May 15, 2016, 03:10:49 PM
Nowdays a lot of people choosing gold cause of stability. Bitcoin have good perspective now but bitcoin is still unstable one.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
May 15, 2016, 02:42:36 PM
A lot of people seem to think gold is the answer to all our problems. Every time the economy takes a turn for the worst, people turn to gold. {They invest in gold to hedge against these problems} If you

do not buy physical gold items/ornaments/jewelry/gold bars ... you still have ZERO protection against anything. It is just a piece of paper and a ledger entry on a private database. People seem to think

that there are tons of gold stored in secret vaults under government buildings. Is this true? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZcRk7UClO4 { There are no proof of this and audits in the USA are about

60 years old. } You have the only entry to your investment, when you invest in Bitcoin. { The private key } The proof that it exist, is on a public blockchain....  Wink

Bitcoin is going to be double in value as its mining power is going to be half so buy bitcoins rather than buying gold
Activity: 742
May 15, 2016, 01:57:42 PM
i don't think it is entirely right to compare gold and bitcoin together. both of them have similarities as an investment so you can compare them in that aspect but bitcoin is much more than just an investment so that makes it different from gold, different better that is.

Correct their are similarities; mining, investinet etc. but they are also very different. Bitcoin is mainly meant for creating transactions, alas being a payment method (a currency). While gold is used to back up currencies, since it is very stable.

Perhaps you are right, but people will always compare things with each other. And since they carry similarities it's not more then logic to compare them. It's too bad that bitcoin will lose since gold is the 'master'. But don't feel sad: the EURO, Dollar etc. will also lose.

If gold will rise in future then bitcoin also has an potential to go higher in future, its just a matter of time and we will see much better bitcoin in future.
I think there is a nice comparison between bitcoin and gold since they both increase time to time but good thing is that bitcoin will always rise when gold price will increase.
Activity: 658
May 15, 2016, 01:45:48 PM
A lot of people seem to think gold is the answer to all our problems. Every time the economy takes a turn for the worst, people turn to gold. {They invest in gold to hedge against these problems} If you

do not buy physical gold items/ornaments/jewelry/gold bars ... you still have ZERO protection against anything. It is just a piece of paper and a ledger entry on a private database. People seem to think

that there are tons of gold stored in secret vaults under government buildings. Is this true? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZcRk7UClO4 { There are no proof of this and audits in the USA are about

60 years old. } You have the only entry to your investment, when you invest in Bitcoin. { The private key } The proof that it exist, is on a public blockchain....  Wink

i think that both investments are good, as gold price still rises to this day and i don't think that it will stop rising anytime soon, while bitcoin will have huge price rise in 2 months

and  i think that it is easier to predict bitcoin price, it may be new, but people like it more than gold and they invest into bitcoin more than into gold last 5 years
Activity: 245
May 15, 2016, 01:20:26 PM
i don't think it is entirely right to compare gold and bitcoin together. both of them have similarities as an investment so you can compare them in that aspect but bitcoin is much more than just an investment so that makes it different from gold, different better that is.

Correct their are similarities; mining, investinet etc. but they are also very different. Bitcoin is mainly meant for creating transactions, alas being a payment method (a currency). While gold is used to back up currencies, since it is very stable.

Perhaps you are right, but people will always compare things with each other. And since they carry similarities it's not more then logic to compare them. It's too bad that bitcoin will lose since gold is the 'master'. But don't feel sad: the EURO, Dollar etc. will also lose.

If gold will rise in future then bitcoin also has an potential to go higher in future, its just a matter of time and we will see much better bitcoin in future.

exactly in future bitcoin will be world wide currency and I hope all people would use it but gold I think only few people will use because in bitcoin there are many way to make profit.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
May 15, 2016, 01:11:21 PM
Bitcoin succeed to get attention and is on way of making its mark.The biggest problem with Bitcoin was price which is seeming to be resolved once we cross the halving.Once Price will be stable we can compare it with gold.It is better to let some part in gold as well.Both are best as they bring you freedom and control over your wealth directly.
Activity: 3122
Merit: 672
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
May 15, 2016, 01:00:39 PM
Well, you could say that Bitcoin is the virtual gold because just like in the real world, the supply isn't infinite. It is a limited supply and many are mining for it. I don't think I know well enough about bitcoins and gold to compare them about which is the better investment, but I can assure that there is definitely profits there.
Activity: 122
Merit: 100
May 15, 2016, 12:45:19 PM
Both is cool. But as currency, bitcoin is better than gold. Grin
Activity: 490
May 15, 2016, 12:29:02 PM
For now, I think bitcoin is better than gold. I can make quick profit with bitcoin because the price is quite volatile.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
May 15, 2016, 11:23:18 AM

Activity: 364
May 15, 2016, 11:17:59 AM

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
May 15, 2016, 10:45:16 AM

Correct their are similarities; mining, investment etc. but they are also very different. Bitcoin is mainly meant for creating transactions, alas being a payment method (a currency). While gold is used to back up currencies, since it is very stable.
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1010
BTC to the moon is inevitable...
May 15, 2016, 10:21:52 AM
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1048
May 15, 2016, 10:07:54 AM
Gold is a long term investment. and bitcoin is a short-term investment. it depends on you. I think both are very profitable investment.

Both are long term investments when you consider them as an investment. But remember that bitcoin is mainly money, meant for spending and so on. Gold also have a nice feature since it is also a fashion item.

Gold has been used as money (still is) since the dawn of civilization. Bitcoin has been around for less than a decade. I will say that all "purchased" bitcoin is an investment, due to the inherent risks associated with the asset. If you earn it, even though you have purchased it with time, slightly different scenario.

Also, gold isn't that attractive at its current price.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
May 15, 2016, 10:01:38 AM
I think its differet bitcoin is not so long term only gold it needs more years to see the value is high.. bitcoin has a fast movement unlike gold..
They are the same good investment so for me i will choose this two..
Pages:
Jump to: