Pages:
Author

Topic: Is gold better than Bitcoin? - page 44. (Read 42139 times)

Activity: 2898
Merit: 639
May 02, 2016, 04:53:18 AM
A lot of people still have trust in the Gold. Also gold is there for so many decades. But i think Bitcoin will win in the future.
lots of people still have trust in the Gold because gold deserve to be trust and to be collect.. bitcoin is similar to gold because of its price and quality. but bitcoin is better because it is a decentralized currency and more accessible.
Well, I also feel like it. I think that the current bitcoin is still better compared to gold, because the price of bitcoin which tend to rise and fall, so very many people who take advantage of it to be used as additional income, and gold can not be like that
Gold is more a store of wealth by the majority of its holders.

Bitcoin is also a great store of wealth, but traditional investors find Bitcoin too volatile and thus keep their money in Gold.
bitcoin is fluctuative and it's not worth for saving any of your cents if you're not going to expect a rise/falling price,gold is better for saving, the price always grow up
Yes, if someone wants long term investment which will last for dozen of years then they will prefer to invest in gold and not in bitcoin as gold is valuable from hundreds of years and is a reliable asset from centuries while bitcoin is new one and also people once faced a deep drop to $250 after reaching to $1200.
Activity: 107
Merit: 10
May 02, 2016, 04:19:24 AM
Till now Gold is more safer investment.
Yeah but bitcoin has fast movent price from the market than gold... but they are the same valuable.. more bitcoin you hold for now you can make lots of profit after block halving unlike gold.. gold only is increasing yearly not the same as bitcoin that you can see sooner for the price increase and decrease..
Gold is of course safer and that is because the value is not that high now and it keeps for a long time stable so they chance of losing money is quite low so that is nice.
And the bad thing of Bitcoin is that you never know what the value will be and that is the problem of Bitcoin because you can lose a lot of money with it.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
May 01, 2016, 08:21:13 PM
Well the only the difference between BTC and Gold is the fact that:

Gold is more secure and it can be stored quite safely in like banks and other vaults.

BTC is more convenient and it is looking like it will continue to reach a huge price in the future.

So both have its pros and cons. The decision is mainly up to the user.
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
May 01, 2016, 08:08:52 PM
It depends on what you want to use it for actually.

Gold is more secure. Like you can store in a vault, in a secret place and barely anyone would know. BTC is a fiat which is kind of like a software. Therefore, it much more prone to hacking and what so.

BTC is very convenient and it is very easy for you to collect, store and travel with large amounts of BTC.

So it is completely up to you.  Smiley Smiley Smiley
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510
Spear the bees
May 01, 2016, 07:03:02 PM
A lot of people seem to think gold is the answer to all our problems. Every time the economy takes a turn for the worst, people turn to gold. {They invest in gold to hedge against these problems} If you

do not buy physical gold items/ornaments/jewelry/gold bars ... you still have ZERO protection against anything. It is just a piece of paper and a ledger entry on a private database. People seem to think

that there are tons of gold stored in secret vaults under government buildings. Is this true? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZcRk7UClO4 { There are no proof of this and audits in the USA are about

60 years old. } You have the only entry to your investment, when you invest in Bitcoin. { The private key } The proof that it exist, is on a public blockchain....  Wink
i think bitcoin is better than gold because bitcoin price is increasing and bitcoin is safe than gold .
... Why is bitcoin safer than gold, exactly? It's extremely volatile. Way more than gold. From an objective standpoint, gold seems much safer than bitcoin is. If it's so safe, why not invest all your money into bitcoin? Since it's increasing, you will only profit off it, right?

Right?

No. There's doubt, and you are scared of losing money.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
BetcoinRakeback.com
May 01, 2016, 07:01:14 PM
It is better because it is a physical asset that can be traded in any country at a set price that is consistent everywhere around the world in their fiat.
Activity: 891
Merit: 500
May 01, 2016, 05:47:02 PM
the advantage of gold is that its 2500 years old versus the BTC that needs electricity and computers
but I prefer BTC
Activity: 896
Merit: 521
May 01, 2016, 03:44:04 PM
I like btc more than gold... is more tech, more malleably and you can create "anything"!
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
May 01, 2016, 03:41:12 PM
A lot of people still have trust in the Gold. Also gold is there for so many decades. But i think Bitcoin will win in the future.
lots of people still have trust in the Gold because gold deserve to be trust and to be collect.. bitcoin is similar to gold because of its price and quality. but bitcoin is better because it is a decentralized currency and more accessible.
Well, I also feel like it. I think that the current bitcoin is still better compared to gold, because the price of bitcoin which tend to rise and fall, so very many people who take advantage of it to be used as additional income, and gold can not be like that

Bitcoin is also a great store of wealth, but traditional investors find Bitcoin too volatile and thus keep their money in Gold.
bitcoin is fluctuative and it's not worth for saving any of your cents if you're not going to expect a rise/falling price,gold is better for saving, the price always grow up
Yes, bitcoin price is fluctuation and because of this fluctuation more people adopt it for trading with it and also some are here for earning with price increase for long term increase in price, and not for storing their wealth.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
May 01, 2016, 02:32:07 PM
There is a real need of both : gold and bitcoin's currency. Gold is stable and will be valuable forever, but it couldn't be used online , and also it's a little bit complicated to trade with as it's high price. However dealing with bitcoin is a lot simplest and easiest than gold.
Yeah both are good investments but bitcoin worths you more than gold at this moment as halving is near if you invest in gold you can get good earnings within two more months.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
May 01, 2016, 02:03:10 PM
There is a real need of both : gold and bitcoin's currency. Gold is stable and will be valuable forever, but it couldn't be used online , and also it's a little bit complicated to trade with as it's high price. However dealing with bitcoin is a lot simplest and easiest than gold.
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510
Spear the bees
May 01, 2016, 01:12:20 PM
Yeah but bitcoin has fast movent price from the market than gold... but they are the same valuable.. more bitcoin you hold for now you can make lots of profit after block halving unlike gold.. gold only is increasing yearly not the same as bitcoin that you can see sooner for the price increase and decrease..
The volatility of bitcoins scares people away. Besides, would you invest all your assets and savings into bitcoin? In fact, just your savings into bitcoin?

Probably not. You're scared of the potential failure of bitcoin, and so are many people even here. I doubt many would trust bitcoin to such a level where they decide to invest a significant amount of money into it. Even if they have bullish beliefs.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
May 01, 2016, 01:08:59 PM
no i do not think that gold is better than BTC because gold is the backup money when you are in trouble. and i coins and other currency is the first thing to use when needed and it will net be replaced. ayes sometimes coins cannot do any thing because we became obbessed with gold and we do not want money anymore.
legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 1030
Privacy is always important
May 01, 2016, 11:59:26 AM
Activity: 910
Merit: 502
May 01, 2016, 11:44:15 AM
Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
May 01, 2016, 11:16:44 AM

People do consider gold as a store of their wealth and when they find any extra money and they want to store them in any asset they buy some gold, while I don’t think that they will consider bitcoin as a store of their wealth as bitcoin is volatile and so people are there only for their needs and trading.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 2270
April 30, 2016, 09:21:41 AM
A lot of people seem to think gold is the answer to all our problems. Every time the economy takes a turn for the worst, people turn to gold. {They invest in gold to hedge against these problems} If you

do not buy physical gold items/ornaments/jewelry/gold bars ... you still have ZERO protection against anything. It is just a piece of paper and a ledger entry on a private database. People seem to think

that there are tons of gold stored in secret vaults under government buildings. Is this true? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZcRk7UClO4 { There are no proof of this and audits in the USA are about

60 years old. } You have the only entry to your investment, when you invest in Bitcoin. { The private key } The proof that it exist, is on a public blockchain....  Wink

I wont call it better, just safer.
There are lots of differences bettween BTC and gold, for example, if you are holding gold, nothing can really destroy it, not earthquakes, floods, fires, and its always safe investmant. But, someone always can steal it from you...
And for btc, if you lose wallet, you will lose bitcoins, how can you actually lose gold  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
April 30, 2016, 10:10:46 AM
Currently, people won't trust bitcoin and would continue to invest in gold. But trust me, as the time passes off, people will switch to bitcoin instead. Bitcoin's value is only gonna increase from now on, and people will realize that. It is such a revolution and very few percentage of people is currently aware of it, the main cause of it is that no one actually owns bitcoin. No one is ready to promote it, like in advertising campaigns. As the time passes, people would be aware of it and would definitely like to save in this crypto-currency. The international media should definitely play role in promotion of bitcoin (such as in news), and for every other thing, leave it to bitcoin itself.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
April 30, 2016, 09:31:43 AM
The main problem with gold is:

1) Shit transportation: it's annoying to move gold bars, and it's impossible to not get detected in airports if they are looking to stop gold movements
2) Horrible divisibility: you can't cut gold in your house at the exact amount you want
3) You can't send it worldwide with 100% guarantee that it will arrive to the place you want it to arrive
4) Massive geological impact to mine it, tons of power needed (yes way more than bitcoin)
5) Constant uncertainty about the total supply

There are so many wrong things with gold, I could go on for days
Activity: 1764
Merit: 505
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
April 30, 2016, 09:27:09 AM

60 years old. } You have the only entry to your investment, when you invest in Bitcoin. { The private key } The proof that it exist, is on a public blockchain....  Wink

I wont call it better, just safer.
There are lots of differences bettween BTC and gold, for example, if you are holding gold, nothing can really destroy it, not earthquakes, floods, fires, and its always safe investmant. But, someone always can steal it from you...
And for btc, if you lose wallet, you will lose bitcoins, how can you actually lose gold  Grin

Yeah their so much difference and i think bitcoin is cannot be compared to gold is because gold is precious mineral and price of it is steady and goes up yearly while bitcoin is not stable and price may up and price may down and thats why if you invest in bitcoin and leave it for years you have chance to lose while staking in gold the more years pass the more highet the price
Pages:
Jump to: