Pages:
Author

Topic: Is gold better than Bitcoin? - page 48. (Read 42139 times)

brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
April 25, 2016, 03:30:13 PM
Gold has been traded for centuries and has withstood the test of time. Gold has also an aesthetic value for the rich people who love to flaunt around their new super expensive gold jewellery Cheesy Now I think both Bitcoin and gold can be used as a store of value with the only difference being that Bitcoin wealth can be moved inconspicuously while physical gold despite looking good in person has a lot of weight to it and you would need a safe to protect that treasure from prying eyes. All in all both have their advantages and disadvantages and their utility depends on the situation at hand.
Bye Smiley
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
April 25, 2016, 04:40:17 PM
Depends on the circumstances and on location. Gold working fine without electricity, internet and long explanations about what it is, so it has certain advantages over bitcoin.

Gold is more profitable then bitcoin for sure the only issue is that it doesn't allow us to make quick profits which is applicable in bitcoin and people are choosing bitcoin at a moment only for that reason.
legendary
Activity: 1512
April 25, 2016, 04:35:02 PM
Depends on the circumstances and on location. Gold working fine without electricity, internet and long explanations about what it is, so it has certain advantages over bitcoin.
Activity: 998
Merit: 504
April 25, 2016, 02:41:04 PM
Gold is beautiful both to watch it and for investing purposes. Bitcoin will be good for investing purposes but in the end I will stick to gold.
When it comes between bitcoin and gold, I am likely to choose bitcoin, but sometimes I get confused over the both of them. I am sure I like bitcoin very much, but I also like gold. Maybe I will choose the both of them for now but bitcoin will occupy more percentage for sure.

Bitcoin is better then gold at a moment, gold will shine forever for sure but we don't want to think of too long it would be best if we invest in bitcoin at a moment.
I agree with the sentence that at that time we have to invest in the bitcoin, as all our concern is to earn and to increase our income not like females to increase our ornaments to wear, as in this time bitcoin is increasing with a good speed and with that speed we will see our wealth increasing.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
April 25, 2016, 02:19:59 PM
I think that gold is better than bitcoin right now but I also think this will change in the future to be honest.
The bitcoin has a much better future in my opinion.
Activity: 322
April 25, 2016, 02:12:42 PM
Is is true that gold is stored by every government. There is reason for it, they are not crazy to store gold!
Gold is the base of fiat. You can not print any amount of money in your country. Value of your country's currency depends on the no of currency notes print vs amount of gold stored. This is the basic idea.

Most governements hold a gold reserve to backup their national currency. It would be fun if there would be the same thing for bitcoin. But since there is no central institution, i doubt it will ever happen. What i do know is countries do this because gold is a very secure asset. That's why most of them prefer gold over f.e. us dollar or even bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002
= jasad =
April 25, 2016, 01:43:24 PM
A lot of people seem to think gold is the answer to all our problems. Every time the economy takes a turn for the worst, people turn to gold. {They invest in gold to hedge against these problems} If you

do not buy physical gold items/ornaments/jewelry/gold bars ... you still have ZERO protection against anything. It is just a piece of paper and a ledger entry on a private database. People seem to think

that there are tons of gold stored in secret vaults under government buildings. Is this true? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZcRk7UClO4 { There are no proof of this and audits in the USA are about

60 years old. } You have the only entry to your investment, when you invest in Bitcoin. { The private key } The proof that it exist, is on a public blockchain....  Wink
not sure about this,but someone called that gold is bitcoin in analog shape Grin
i=honestly i thinking that bitcoin is better than gold,in price fluctuate and for short term investement,bitcoin will more easy to taken profit from trading.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
April 25, 2016, 11:00:29 AM
Is is true that gold is stored by every government. There is reason for it, they are not crazy to store gold!
Gold is the base of fiat. You can not print any amount of money in your country. Value of your country's currency depends on the no of currency notes print vs amount of gold stored. This is the basic idea.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
April 25, 2016, 10:37:53 AM
I like btc more than gold becaues you can send enormous amounts of it all around the world in seconds  Roll Eyes

if you have an enormous amount of money, what are you doing on a forum instead of spending your life with hot girls on an island? Smiley
Activity: 798
April 25, 2016, 10:36:54 AM
Gold is beautiful both to watch it and for investing purposes. Bitcoin will be good for investing purposes but in the end I will stick to gold.
When it comes between bitcoin and gold, I am likely to choose bitcoin, but sometimes I get confused over the both of them. I am sure I like bitcoin very much, but I also like gold. Maybe I will choose the both of them for now but bitcoin will occupy more percentage for sure.

Bitcoin is better then gold at a moment, gold will shine forever for sure but we don't want to think of too long it would be best if we invest in bitcoin at a moment.
Yes, gold will shine till the end of this world and will have a good stability all the time but bitcoin is a currency which is now increasing as there are now a lot of users but do not know that in the future people will support it or not.

Bitcoin will get support from the people only if the price is higher and if the price falls then bitcoin will loose many users and will switch again to gold.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
April 25, 2016, 10:21:57 AM
i still think gold is a pretty good investment, it might not have the big profit of bitcoin but it is still profitable over time and it is a good investment over all. but to be better than bitcoin it has to be in the same league to be compared which is not.
for someone who prefer safe of course would choose gold they will know the benefits would be small
but they prefer the safe it does not matter. there are a lot of people are also selfish advantage with a big risk.
then bitcoin good for you mate Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
April 24, 2016, 03:43:57 PM

Yes, gold will shine till the end of this world and will have a good stability all the time but bitcoin is a currency which is now increasing as there are now a lot of users but do not know that in the future people will support it or not.
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1106
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
April 24, 2016, 10:44:07 AM
No bitcoin is better than Gold,, because gold's price is going down and bitcoin's price is going up, so mostly people refer to bitcoins who is already using  bitcoins. also bitcoin is a easy way to get earn money, everyone can earn and use it easily instead of gold.
Exactly you can earn more and more using bitcoin but that can never done by gold just you can invest it, gold is known to everyone but bitcoin is growing now notice after few years everyone goes with bitcoin, I always choose bitcoin rather than gold as it provides me more benefits than gold.
Activity: 910
Merit: 509
April 24, 2016, 04:52:07 AM
No bitcoin is better than Gold,, because gold's price is going down and bitcoin's price is going up, so mostly people refer to bitcoins who is already using  bitcoins. also bitcoin is a easy way to get earn money, everyone can earn and use it easily instead of gold.
Activity: 347
Activity: 2017
April 24, 2016, 04:42:41 AM
I like btc more than gold becaues you can send enormous amounts of it all around the world in seconds  Roll Eyes
Yes bitcoin is more practical, but that doesn't means that bitcoin can be compared to gold..Maybe but gold does not have direct competitor, but BTC have lot of them in alcoin section, maybe they are clones but many of them have very good new ideas..
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481
April 24, 2016, 04:30:57 AM
legendary
Activity: 1148
April 24, 2016, 04:13:26 AM
As it stands right now, if I had to choose, I would go with gold. I'll revisit this statement once governments around the world have successfully implemented Bitcoin into the system. Of course if the aim is only to profit, then Bitcoin is the better gamble. I might consider liquidating all of my assets into gold, absolutely no way I would even think of doing that with Bitcoin.
Activity: 959
Merit: 500
April 24, 2016, 02:47:31 AM
If you try to pay someone online with physical gold, you will face some major problems to accomplish that transaction.
Gold is an investment for people who want to play safe. It can be part of your investment plan, but much more than 10% it should not be, at least that's what I hear from investment advisors.
Bitcoin can be used for investment if you you can live with the risks that come along with it.
To me its mor a way to complete transactions.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
April 24, 2016, 02:37:17 AM
I would invest in both. GOLD has been around for thousands of years and is accepted by everyone. Bitcoin is new and in many places, they don't even know about it. As a savvy investor, why not hold both? I want to have both in my investment portfolio at some point.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
April 24, 2016, 02:34:19 AM
Gold is better than bitcoin! Bitcoin is still very young value store and need at least 10 years to show its strength..But computer technology can surprises and we could see even better solutions than blockchain, and this is not something terrible, we all want only progress..

if you are looking for better profit and more security then bitcoin is much better than gold. and although i agree that bitcoin is still a new (young) technology and it needs more time to become the strongest, but it is still a very reliable thing to put your money in at this point in its development.

Both are good as an investment totally depends on you what level of risk you can afford to, if you want to play safe then go for gold or else bitcoin is always there making quick profits.

i totally agree with this, in fact i am using both to invest my money in. diversification is always a better choice when it comes to investments, but i am more invested in bitcoin because it has a better chance of going up and give me a much bigger profit. and holding bitcoin is much easier and safer than holding gold.
Pages:
Jump to: