Pages:
Author

Topic: Is GRIN still a thing? - page 6. (Read 1084 times)

Activity: 2744
Merit: 517
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
January 05, 2024, 08:23:49 AM
It's been quite a long time since the first cryptocurrency with the "Mimblewimble" privacy technique was released. My first days of using GRIN were quite troublesome due to its added complexity. But it's a great coin to use for privacy-oriented transactions once you get the hang of it. Somehow, GRIN became a forgotten cryptocurrency as all of the attention shifted back to Monero. Was this a result of poor marketing/promotion efforts? Or a lack of user experience?

I'm wondering if this coin still has a future, especially when privacy on crypto has been frowned upon by mainstream governments. Do you think it can be good long-term investment like Monero? Or is it a complete bust? Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Smiley
Well, with their lack of marketing strategy, how would this project gain attraction? The developers no longer expect progress and adoption and yeah, they'd rather expect people will ignore it. In fact, even though Monero has a name in the crypto space, still only a few individuals are using this. This simply means that people are not looking for a privacy project but instead, they are in crypto looking for something BIG fish that gives them HUGE rewards as well.

GRIN is nothing, that is harsh but that is what we saw. Meme coins are even better and more interesting than this project.
Activity: 66
Merit: 5
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
January 05, 2024, 08:22:36 AM
I don't really know what is the faith of the token but I believe it has become a 91% fallen crypto that might not come back to it's ATH. Grin has recorded $14 ATH but has not been able to return to half of the ath till date instead it has been heading downward to $0.08 in coinmarket.cap with this price I don't think it can be back as tokens like Monero has taken it's position in the crypto space.

The last hit that got GRIN to this situation was the 51% attack by miners whose identities where unknown and their took over 57% of the GRIN network and I believe it lead to it's last fall in price, you can check coindesk to read more about the attack.

OP, how do you really know about this tokens? your have been strange this days lol  Wink
Activity: 173
Merit: 5
January 05, 2024, 07:47:44 AM
Never heard of it. But due to lack of news about it and its charts it seems like it's dead, or really close to that state.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 650
Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds
January 05, 2024, 07:43:43 AM
Was this a result of poor marketing/promotion efforts? Or a lack of user experience?

Some of this can be lack of development, including lack of awareness across the cryptospace just as you already said..
Sincerely the name sound so strange to me I can't really recall if i have came across such project before or not, and maybe let just say people's attention has been shifted to the latest happening especially nowadays people are looking for a project that could give them some x value they wanted within the next few months. Nobody wants to invest in a project that is not giving them any profits moreover when investors already made their profits they ought to channel their efforts to other project that could possible give them triple of what they have invested IMO.
legendary
Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
January 05, 2024, 07:31:58 AM
It's been quite a long time since the first cryptocurrency with the "Mimblewimble" privacy technique was released. My first days of using GRIN were quite troublesome due to its added complexity. But it's a great coin to use for privacy-oriented transactions once you get the hang of it. Somehow, GRIN became a forgotten cryptocurrency as all of the attention shifted back to Monero. Was this a result of poor marketing/promotion efforts? Or a lack of user experience?

I'm wondering if this coin still has a future, especially when privacy on crypto has been frowned upon by mainstream governments. Do you think it can be good long-term investment like Monero? Or is it a complete bust? Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much. Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: