Pages:
Author

Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous? - page 37. (Read 4477 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 105
March 20, 2018, 10:55:59 AM
It will probably be dangerous if what you are holding are shitcoins that happens when you just keep on buying cheapest coins in the market without proper research if that is a potential coins in the future. Others may called trading is like gambling which is defintely true in some ways because it is so hard to predict what would be a potential coins to buy.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1004
March 20, 2018, 09:31:15 AM
Holding altcoins is safe as long as you do not keep them in your exchange wallet as hackers can hack into the exchange and get your account. Regarding the altcoins themselves, I think it's safe if you have the 50 best altcoins because they have a lot of liquidity and their team is well known.
Activity: 305
Merit: 100
March 20, 2018, 09:00:18 AM
i didn't see that holding an altcoins is dangerous.. because we all known that the value of ETH and BITCOIN is volatile and some of tokens are no value or fail.. but there's some tokens that listed to the market that have a great price..
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
March 20, 2018, 08:49:16 AM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

You can't really class all alts together. Some are great projects with excellent long-term potential, and some are just junk. The question really is not how long should you hold alts for, but which alts should you  hold.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
March 20, 2018, 08:32:36 AM
Thats a very good questions. I think holding is dangerous. Because everybody is telling you to hodle your coins even when theres a huge dump like the weeks ago. But instead of hodling you maybe should sell your coins as long as you are in the profit zone. Because when the dump starts last year, i didnt make these, because i listen to other people. I want to hold, and now all my profit i make since i startet in cryptotrading are gone. So for me until now, holding was not very effectiv!
Activity: 178
Merit: 0
March 20, 2018, 08:30:06 AM
Everything is dangerous with this markets Cheesy even the altcoins that we thought were safe were down in price. Everything is in a downtrend and it is very difficult to give the right decision.
So really everything is dangerous now Smiley
Currently I find this market is going up but it is not really high compared to the end of 2017, so should I invest in a little to that and wait? what do you think ?
Activity: 252
March 20, 2018, 07:29:11 AM
There is always a risk in holding cryptocurrency because the main factors influencing the growth of the price is offer and demand. If the coin is popular and with high cap (at least in the first 50th) than it is worth investing at dips. Both technical and fundamental information must be properly analyzed and checked in order to make decisions on investing in one or another altcoin.
Activity: 252
Merit: 15
March 20, 2018, 06:34:06 AM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
I don't think holding altcoins is dangerous especially when it have future to rise. Whenever I got my bounty tokens, I am holding them until it rise little by little. By doing that I find it not dangerous as it gives me more profit.
Activity: 560
Merit: 256
March 20, 2018, 06:22:57 AM
i think holding is very dangerous. you must use stop-loss. holding can not always win. sometimes holding can lose too much.
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
Chikuntv
March 20, 2018, 06:01:05 AM
It depends. Good alts will moon. HODL if you sit on good average. If you bought the top sorry and welcome to the rekt club.
Activity: 380
Merit: 100
March 20, 2018, 05:58:33 AM
Everything is dangerous with this markets Cheesy even the altcoins that we thought were safe were down in price. Everything is in a downtrend and it is very difficult to give the right decision.
So really everything is dangerous now Smiley
Activity: 546
Merit: 32
March 20, 2018, 05:52:35 AM
I do not think that the altcoins will fail today! I calculate for the growth of this currency this year as well. But at the end of the year I advise you to sell it!

Holding your coins will not give you any problems or risky thing.it is gives you only a big tension to all investors if you cross that tension with your patience you will be get a good way in this crypto currencies field.
Activity: 914
Merit: 500
March 20, 2018, 05:37:27 AM
Leaving as it is, is always dangerous, investing in to crypto is already a big risks. If you are into earning, you should watch every update and be ready to sell it anymore. Don't settle your mindset that it will grow again anytime soon. There is no guarantee to thing statement. if you're planning on long time investment, better to act like you don't care with your coin cause it will really affect you.

it isnt dangerous but it is risky. I guess the word danger is slightly different to the word risky. we only use the word danger in a real world but in online world we oftenly use the word risky. anyways , holding alts is not risky based on my own opinion because the real risky is when you sell it or when you trade it. theres always a chance for every coins to recover , therfor holding or investing is pretty safe at all.
The greatest risk in my opinion from altcoins does not come from the altcoins themselves it comes from your decision, what decision you may ask? The decision of which coin you are going to buy if you buy a good altcoin and you are patient then you are not really at risk you are going to earn money some way or another, but if you choose the wrong altcoin you are almost guaranteed to lose your money.
Investing in altcoins is a great risk but also you can take a great profit (Stratis, Neo and other cryptos). That's why we should hold 40-50% of investment portolio in base coins: BTC,ETH.
Activity: 111
March 20, 2018, 05:26:31 AM
I do not think that the altcoins will fail today! I calculate for the growth of this currency this year as well. But at the end of the year I advise you to sell it!
Activity: 196
March 20, 2018, 04:30:26 AM

Hold your coins not for years but for a reasonabile time. Check the news and market dynamics, sell your altcoins when there is failure possibilty of the projects.

Be smart, not conservative.
Merit: 2
“Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty”
March 20, 2018, 04:13:51 AM
We must be careful when choosing altcoin as an investment, let alone an ICO coin that we do not know will end what it looks like. for that we must be smart sorting ICO. for another altcoin we first see the progress of an altcoin. if not stable do not hold it for too long. if it is stable I think not to worry
Activity: 31
March 20, 2018, 02:16:35 AM
Safe bet is dogecoin  Grin
Activity: 840
Merit: 254
March 19, 2018, 10:56:21 PM
Leaving as it is, is always dangerous, investing in to crypto is already a big risks. If you are into earning, you should watch every update and be ready to sell it anymore. Don't settle your mindset that it will grow again anytime soon. There is no guarantee to thing statement. if you're planning on long time investment, better to act like you don't care with your coin cause it will really affect you.

it isnt dangerous but it is risky. I guess the word danger is slightly different to the word risky. we only use the word danger in a real world but in online world we oftenly use the word risky. anyways , holding alts is not risky based on my own opinion because the real risky is when you sell it or when you trade it. theres always a chance for every coins to recover , therfor holding or investing is pretty safe at all.
The greatest risk in my opinion from altcoins does not come from the altcoins themselves it comes from your decision, what decision you may ask? The decision of which coin you are going to buy if you buy a good altcoin and you are patient then you are not really at risk you are going to earn money some way or another, but if you choose the wrong altcoin you are almost guaranteed to lose your money.
March 12, 2018, 08:36:26 AM
Last year alts rise a lot. I don't know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at the year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also, we are following new ICO sand most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to the market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
I do not think it's dangerous but it certainly has enormous risks. Especially if you hold a coin whose background is not very clear, you should be very vigilant. My suggestion if you want to hold Altcoin, choose Altcoin the future prospects are good and promising. Do not let you experience a big loss.
Activity: 448
March 12, 2018, 06:18:41 AM
Holding alts is the only way for bitcoin riches if we have more patience to hold alt coins we can multiply bitcoin in terms of bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: