Author

Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money? - page 120. (Read 368873 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
Yes holding bitcoin for long is a good way to make money cause it just went up from 550 to 600 for example, so if you had 10 you would've made 500 profit. Anyways they will rise higher and higher resulting into a higher percentage profit. If they drop be sure to buy even more because after a drop they will get up above the previous price before the drop.

In order to make profit, you have to start selling some coins. If you keep holding and you see your coins have gone up in value, then it's basically only a statistic showing the higher value, and that's it. That's also the same for coins going down in value. You only lose when you are selling your coins. Basic things that a lot people don't seem to know, or care about.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
Holding bitcoins can be good for your own but not for the rest that is using bitcoins you know there are so many peopel just holding and that will not be positive for the prise of the bitcoin for sure

i think it is also god for others as with that the supply of bitcoin reduces and so with a constant demand from public increases the price of bitcoin and all the users of bitcoin get a good profit from their bitcoins.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
It is good way as i earn from it a lot  but it is pretty slow way to earn

It would probably be slow as the OP also mentioned in his question that would it be a good way of earning money if we hold the coins for a long time, and that long time does not guarantee you if how much you will earn, now it depends on the value of the coins, if it rises more you will earn more and if it just stays low then you wont earn much.

we should have to rely on long term investments in bitcoin as I have experience in that, with long term I do not lose any coin, as a few months ago I bought some coins at $600 and after that the price dropped to $506 and then started to rise again and today I am seeing the price once again at more than $600.

It's not a big deal when you buy some coins at a certain price, that it starts going down from there. You don't lose anything at all if you don't sell your coins at a loss. Just having patience for the price to go up is enough to see your coins gain value again. This of course is assuming that you have bought your coin at decent prices and not at peaks as the all time high back in the days.

You are right that we do not have to sell our coins at lost and that is the point towards that it is better to do long term trades, with bitcoin I do long term investment, and till now I did not faced any lose with my bitcoin.
i think you are the lucky person that you have not book lost in your life time in bitcoin, i personally also like long term investment, there are very little chance of loosing bitcoin in long term investment, i have invested some bitcoin for long term investment and i am hopeful that it will really give me agood proft at the end.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Yes holding bitcoin for long is a good way to make money cause it just went up from 550 to 600 for example, so if you had 10 you would've made 500 profit. Anyways they will rise higher and higher resulting into a higher percentage profit. If they drop be sure to buy even more because after a drop they will get up above the previous price before the drop.
Activity: 31
i invest about 20-30% of my BTC Holdings in Altcoins.
And the rest of my BTC i hold because i think its the best way to take nice profits in long term.

this is my strategy since 2013 and i play very good with it.

Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Holdijng bitcoins wont make allot of profit because you need to start trading everytime you trade good you make money so when you trade everyday you make money everyday and when you hold you wont make money everyday maybe some in the month.
Activity: 364
What i do know is that holding bitcoins on a long period is not really profitable for everyone it can be for you but also not because trading bitcoins makes allot more than just holding for sure.
Activity: 271
Holding bitcoins can be good for your own but not for the rest that is using bitcoins you know there are so many peopel just holding and that will not be positive for the prise of the bitcoin for sure
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1598
Nobody knows what to expect from the future. Nobody knows what will it bring us. Therefore we never know what is better to do. I'm going to keep it AT LEAST until the 1st of 2018. I don't know why but I have this feeling to do it.
Activity: 269
Maybe it would be good for your self to hold and maybe the price would rise allot after a viewyears that you are making money with it but what i do know is that you need to make money with bitcoin deals and trades not just by holding some of them.
Activity: 742
Hire me for your campaign management.

It would probably be slow as the OP also mentioned in his question that would it be a good way of earning money if we hold the coins for a long time, and that long time does not guarantee you if how much you will earn, now it depends on the value of the coins, if it rises more you will earn more and if it just stays low then you wont earn much.

we should have to rely on long term investments in bitcoin as I have experience in that, with long term I do not lose any coin, as a few months ago I bought some coins at $600 and after that the price dropped to $506 and then started to rise again and today I am seeing the price once again at more than $600.

It's not a big deal when you buy some coins at a certain price, that it starts going down from there. You don't lose anything at all if you don't sell your coins at a loss. Just having patience for the price to go up is enough to see your coins gain value again. This of course is assuming that you have bought your coin at decent prices and not at peaks as the all time high back in the days.

You are right that we do not have to sell our coins at lost and that is the point towards that it is better to do long term trades, with bitcoin I do long term investment, and till now I did not faced any lose with my bitcoin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

i also have good experience in long term investment and i usually do longer term investment, but to me it depend on the nature of the people, different people have different openion about this some people like long term investment but other cannot stay and hold bitcoins for long time therefore they like to do short time investmet, and they invest their money for a little time.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

Activity: 644

Activity: 1148
Merit: 527
as i have good experience in short term investment as well as in long term investment. i have also good experience in stock exchange, in all my experience i fount that long term investment is the safest way of earning money. in long term investment there is a little chance of loosing your money, while in short term investment you can lose a lot of money in a very very short period of time. there for to me holding bitcoin for a long time will be a good decision and hope it will give you a good profit at the end. i my self holding bitcoin for long time.
I have made a lot of money in long term investing. I have been thinking about changing to short term trading but I really am just not sure I want to put that much time into making money by bitcoin trading.
I heard if we are ready to put hard work and dedication then definitely we will be able to make bitcoin in short term trading itself.
Activity: 756

legendary
Activity: 2884
Merit: 1258
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
BTC will make you money, but only it you hold it for the very, very long term and are able to screen out high volatility and negative newsflow along the way. Easier said than done for most of us.

Yeah hold it very very long until you reach the  point you will be unable to trade it because no one demand for it Cheesy.  Just kidding, anyway you can earn a profit from this kind of method but it will never come close to the profit of those that are actively used to earn more profit.  So those with the capability to put up a business and make it succesful willl reap the profit 100x or more than those who just hold it.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
Yes and no. It depends on what happens in the future. If bitcoin continues to be safe then it will probably only go up, but if some kind of scandal happens then it could drop by alot.

Bitcoin is and will most likely always be safe. However, hacks, thefts, fud, etc, will always happen. Especially when you consider that each time the price goes up significantly, bad news pops up, and the price starts falling down like a heavy rock. It's no coincidence anymore as some people think. It happened too often.

Bitcoin incidents are just normal in bitcoins ecosystem  since we cant stop those  circumtance to happen  why we are in our journey with bitcoin. Even though it faces  some  big problems  but it can recover  from price drops and  always try to increase its price thats why we could possibly assume that  it would continue to rise in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
Yes and no. It depends on what happens in the future. If bitcoin continues to be safe then it will probably only go up, but if some kind of scandal happens then it could drop by alot.

Bitcoin is and will most likely always be safe. However, hacks, thefts, fud, etc, will always happen. Especially when you consider that each time the price goes up significantly, bad news pops up, and the price starts falling down like a heavy rock. It's no coincidence anymore as some people think. It happened too often.
Activity: 588

Yes, long term hold the bitcoins, than not sure we can make good profit, i think better way is that , should hold the bitcoins and look the price up and when you feel that bitcoin is on good price so should sell it and the next step, wait and check it out when bitcoin is going to down and then buy it, and in this way, make profit, i am sure this way too much better than hold the bitcoins for long time.
Jump to: