Author

Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money? - page 123. (Read 368873 times)

legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
Not a good way to make money if you only hold your bitcoin imo. Start trading bitcoin or altcoins to double your bitcoin and sell your profit to USD. I think that its good way to make money.

After doing trading it is not sensible that we have to sell our bitcoins for fiat/usd, but we have to wait with them for more longer and so with that we will also get the profit with the price rise also, we should have to think for long term investment in bitcoin as I think only that is the way to get the profit.

there are two kinds of investment: one is when you invest in bitcoin in short term or long term and sell it as soon as there is a rise to make fiat profit and get out.
and the other is when you invest in bitcoin to gain that profit but also gather more bitcoin for the future to "use" bitcoin directly as a currency.
so in each of these the way you buy and sell is a lot different.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
Not a good way to make money if you only hold your bitcoin imo. Start trading bitcoin or altcoins to double your bitcoin and sell your profit to USD. I think that its good way to make money.

After doing trading it is not sensible that we have to sell our bitcoins for fiat/usd, but we have to wait with them for more longer and so with that we will also get the profit with the price rise also, we should have to think for long term investment in bitcoin as I think only that is the way to get the profit.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
The process of it is just not that good. All you're doing is holding bitcoins, no knowledge and no experience will ever be gained by that action. Also, you're unable to use any bitcoin at all because you want to get as much profit as you can.

That's right, there will be no knowledge for you to learn when you are just keeping it, no growth also in your experience, so, compared to those people who came into this world the same age as you, they will be more knowledgeable than you and their experience will make them earn more than you can...

Experience about something comes only by doing that thing, experience is not something that can be learned or earned by anywhere, so for experiencing something someone needs to try it first and then he will have the experience about that whether it is good or bad, but atleast he will have the experience.
i have a good experience about long term investment, i also already did work in stock exchange where my trend was also long term investment, still i am holding Band Alfalah shares for last 5 years and still not thinking to sell so. i believe on long term investment because it is less risky and profitable investment.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
yes to me short time investment is  very risky and you can book lose any time. but long term investment is very good and you really get a good and conform profit from long term investment.
Activity: 252
yes holding bitcoin for a long time is really a good way of making money, i think it is the safest and most profitable way of making money, if you have invested your money in bitcoin for a long time you will be confident and will not care for the miners fluctuation and in the end you can make a good profit.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
Holding bitcoin for long-term s a good way to either make money or lose money. If you have a lot of bitcoins and the price increased, you can potentially make big money. It's also the same if the price decreased, but instead of winning, you are losing money.

I once bought quite a few coins at $270 and the price increased to over $300 which gave me a good feeling of course, but then it kept dropping and even went slightly below the $200 level. But I kept holding strong and managed to secure profits at around the $420-$450 levels back in November last year. Keep in mind that you only lose money when you sell your coins at a loss. Wink

I bought some bitcoin this time last year. On paper, I might have made some good profits. But it does not matter to me. I will hold them for the long term.

That's fantastic of course, but even as a long term holder (which I am as well) it's good to secure profits from time to time. I bought well below $400 and secured profits at around $750 back in June. As soon as the price came down due to Bitfinex being hacked, I managed to buy back below the $500 level.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
There are two sets of rules I follow, both of them are from legendary warren buffet.

Investment –
# 1. Never lose your money
# 2. Never forget rule no 1

Investment Strategy –
# 1. When others are greedy be fearful and when others are fearful be greedy.

That’s the answer for your question. Holding is good when others are selling and it’s not good when others are doing it. I am not saying don’t hold but that’s something related to invest more.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 253
Holding bitcoin for long-term s a good way to either make money or lose money. If you have a lot of bitcoins and the price increased, you can potentially make big money. It's also the same if the price decreased, but instead of winning, you are losing money.

I once bought quite a few coins at $270 and the price increased to over $300 which gave me a good feeling of course, but then it kept dropping and even went slightly below the $200 level. But I kept holding strong and managed to secure profits at around the $420-$450 levels back in November last year. Keep in mind that you only lose money when you sell your coins at a loss. Wink

I bought some bitcoin this time last year. On paper, I might have made some good profits. But it does not matter to me. I will hold them for the long term.
Activity: 777
Merit: 777
Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

Activity: 266
Merit: 251
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Hire me for your campaign management.
The process of it is just not that good. All you're doing is holding bitcoins, no knowledge and no experience will ever be gained by that action. Also, you're unable to use any bitcoin at all because you want to get as much profit as you can.

That's right, there will be no knowledge for you to learn when you are just keeping it, no growth also in your experience, so, compared to those people who came into this world the same age as you, they will be more knowledgeable than you and their experience will make them earn more than you can...

Experience about something comes only by doing that thing, experience is not something that can be learned or earned by anywhere, so for experiencing something someone needs to try it first and then he will have the experience about that whether it is good or bad, but atleast he will have the experience.

and the alternate thing to experience is to ask about any action a person want to do, with that we also get a very good knowledge without any experience. here are a number of older members who know well about all the aspects of bitcoin they can give us better suggestions, with that we will be saved from the loses we face while getting to experience that action, which we want to learn.

yes asking and learning can redirect us to the success , but sometimes it do not happen as you are thinking as not everyone is that much intelligent that they only by listening others will become skillful in a specific field, they often learn by involving in that field.
Activity: 672

and the alternate thing to experience is to ask about any action a person want to do, with that we also get a very good knowledge without any experience. here are a number of older members who know well about all the aspects of bitcoin they can give us better suggestions, with that we will be saved from the loses we face while getting to experience that action, which we want to learn.
Activity: 756

global moderator
Activity: 2324
Merit: 1179
While my guitar gently weeps!!!
I don't think that's a good way at all but it can make you a fortune after a decade or two. Your profit would still be depending on how much you invested in the first place.

I believe that if you are holding your coins for a long time, you should keep on converting it to fiat and vice versa when the situation is in your favor.. with that, you will earn small, but atleast more than keeping it for a long time...

Das
Activity: 308

Exactly, holding your coins can earn you good profits if you hold them just for sometime until the price goes to a reasonable amount that can earn you some good profits, but it can reduce your profits if you hold them for too long because we can never know when the price starts dropping again.

The price of bitcoins may go up and down in the short term, but in the long term it increases. Holding it for long term is a good idea if you have available funds.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
I don't think that's a good way at all but it can make you a fortune after a decade or two. Your profit would still be depending on how much you invested in the first place. The process of it is just not that good. All you're doing is holding bitcoins, no knowledge and no experience will ever be gained by that action. Also, you're unable to use any bitcoin at all because you want to get as much profit as you can.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
Holding Bitcoin is profitable for the long run, but it's a little bit risky as well, because the price could decrease instead of increasing.

you must have a right time to buy bitcoin at a price not too high, for example, you buy a bitcoin under $500, it's good hold for the long term. because I believe, at least in the future price of bitcoin will be higher is above $500, even very likely be at $1000.
so if it happens to be safe, because I believe bitcoin in the future will not fall below $500.
holding bitcoin is not necessarily beneficial. we must choose the right time to buy and sell bitcoin. because the saving too long bitcoin will not generate much money. better for bitcoin trading consistency. it would be much more profitable.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1014
Holding Bitcoin is profitable for the long run, but it's a little bit risky as well, because the price could decrease instead of increasing.

you must have a right time to buy bitcoin at a price not too high, for example, you buy a bitcoin under $500, it's good hold for the long term. because I believe, at least in the future price of bitcoin will be higher is above $500, even very likely be at $1000.
so if it happens to be safe, because I believe bitcoin in the future will not fall below $500.
Jump to: