Author

Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money? - page 147. (Read 368873 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
its good for now,bitcoin price keep raise up,and you can buy bitcoins and then hold it,sell that bitcoin when the price better than now,its safe way t get profit from holding bitcoin.

Hard to answer,and depending bitcoin price for now and next year.lets think if we hold bitcoin 4 year ago,and check bitcoin price for now,we are not get money because bitcoin price going down almost a half.

holding bitcoins will be a good way to make money. will be a good way to make money with your bitcoins,,
its good for now,bitcoin price keep raise up,and you can buy bitcoins and then hold it,sell that bitcoin when the price better than now,its safe way t get profit from holding bitcoin.

Hard to answer,and depending bitcoin price for now and next year.lets think if we hold bitcoin 4 year ago,and check bitcoin price for now,we are not get money because bitcoin price going down almost a half.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1002
= jasad =
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
I still believe on bitcoin so I hold as long as possible. We can see that the world still adapting into bitcoin as payment transaction so need more time. If the time has come, bitcoin will got increased. For example : there are some hotel or restaurant use bitcoin as payment transaction. This will bitcoin growth !

holding bitcoin a long time is a good way to make money if the bitcoin price rises in long term. So far it worked out if you hold bitcoin for more than any three year period.
Nah... Holding for so long is honestly really stupid, you should sell if the price drops more than  20% because otherwise you expose yourself to really big losses and as we can see bitcoin price doesnt look like it will jump to 1k any time soon

Its more of a balancing act, which most people overlook.

Esp when those margins fall below what they expect, and should protect in some other ways to sell immediately.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
I would hold it and keep it invested. You can grow your btc while linking it to a real-world index e.g. the S&P 500.

Invest globally with bitcoin. Wealthfront for bitcoin.
http://themerkle.com/bitcoin-investment-startup-keza-unveils-ios-beta-app/
https://www.producthunt.com/tech/keza
http://getkeza.com/ (It's free to apply for a Keza account)

Some are doing both while selling at the same time.

While its wise to hold for the longer term, you gotta factor its going still take time to get to the real world index..
Activity: 1123
Merit: 253
If the bitcoin price rises in long term, then it is good to hold some coins. The price rises in any 4 year period.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005
I still believe on bitcoin so I hold as long as possible. We can see that the world still adapting into bitcoin as payment transaction so need more time. If the time has come, bitcoin will got increased. For example : there are some hotel or restaurant use bitcoin as payment transaction. This will bitcoin growth !

Even I believe that holding bitcoins for the long term will give you a great reward eventually. you only need to make sure you have the patience for it. and also, don't panic if the price is going down hard. use that situation in your advantage to buy even more coins if you can.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

holding bitcoin a long time is a good way to make money if the bitcoin price rises in long term. So far it worked out if you hold bitcoin for more than any three year period.
Nah... Holding for so long is honestly really stupid, you should sell if the price drops more than  20% because otherwise you expose yourself to really big losses and as we can see bitcoin price doesnt look like it will jump to 1k any time soon

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1001
Activity: 37
Merit: 1
I would hold it and keep it invested. You can grow your btc while linking it to a real-world index e.g. the S&P 500.

Invest globally with bitcoin. Wealthfront for bitcoin.
http://themerkle.com/bitcoin-investment-startup-keza-unveils-ios-beta-app/
https://www.producthunt.com/tech/keza
http://getkeza.com/ (It's free to apply for a Keza account)
No that is only good to save some money, if you want to make money and you are holding for a price increase than you can do many things instead of waiting.
You can gamble or the best thing that you can do is trading so you can earn some a little bit money with it and that is good enough.

holding anything who have abig value,its a good way to make money. always.
No that is only good to save some money, if you want to make money and you are holding for a price increase than you can do many things instead of waiting.
You can gamble or the best thing that you can do is trading so you can earn some a little bit money with it and that is good enough.

Bitcoin is very volatile right now, but there seems to be a huge movement in support for it right now. I do not recommend selling it right now, nor buying.
Activity: 239
Activity: 406
I first got bitcoin from withdrawing from gambling sites.  I deposited with another method but could withdraw bitcoin so i did it.  Around that time bitcoin was around $220 usd or so and when i got it, i would then trade it for poker funds from other person etc because I didn't want to hold the bitcoins due to reading about price fluctuations.  However, isn't the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold it?  I know last year it was $600 and the highest was when it was more than $1000 per bitcoin.  But since it is all the way down to $200-$300, isn't having bitcoin always good?  Could bitcoin go all the way to 0 soon?  I had thought hey if you get bitcoin when its $230 when the price stayed like that for a long time, thats great b/c very hard for it to go below $200 because i haven't seen that.  But even if it does, isn't it almost always going to rebound and go back up?  Last time i had btc and it was $230 or so and now it went up to $260.  So if you have say 100 bitcoins... well... thats a nice $3000 profit or so.

I'm sure there are ppl that have thousands or bitcoins right and just hold on to it?  And many that would sell btc immediately if prices go all the way up?  If someone had say 500 bitcoin... then btc price went up $20 in say a week or so... selling it would net them $10000 minus fees right?  However if they sell it via localbitcoins or other method, they are going to get a higher profit right?  However if they do this, say sold all their 500 btc... then once bitcoin later in the year go up another $50... well that would be $25000 less they would have earned.

In general, isn't holding BTC always a good thing since the price of it is pretty low now?  Obviously if you bought btc at $600 or $1000 and thought it would went up and held on to your btc, that would been a disaster.  But since its in the $200-$300 range, isn't having BTC always good?

as lots of people says, it is pretty good way to earn money, it is not fastest way you can find, but it almost have no huge risk and it is very easy, you don't have to work very hard

but it is better way to earn money than gambling or investing, because they are very risky, but holding bitcoins is not better way than trading as it gives more profit
Activity: 13
Holding it is the best idea cause it is unlikely that the price will go down to 0. It is the same with holding fiat, the money will either be worth more or less. With bitcoins the price drops or rises all the time, if you hold long enough, you will win. That's logic - simple and right.
When time is not your friend, like me, then buying coins for the longer term, let's say 3-5 years is a safe thing to do.
But remember, with every investment you should diversify. So never put all your eggs in 1 basket. Invest some in bitcoin
some money into stocks and most definitely some in a savings account.

don't think if you can lend your coins with proper collateral then mostly like or 100% sure you can make profits because if some one don't payback also you can still sell the collateral to recover back your money with interest.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Yes it is good to hold your bitcoin for a long term because the bitcoin has a really good future if you ask me compared with other currency's.
The bitcoin is the future of all currency''s so investing for a long term is very profitable and good for sure.

Yeah bitcoin has a good future as well it will get used as a currency of the future. But holding for long term is profitable but not sure about the very long term holding.
Holding Bitcoin is good to save your money with it, but you cant earn money if you are holding your Bitcoins, because you are doing nothing you can do it least trade or gamble.
But some people dont know how to do so they are only waiting for a good price increase and that is also good but they have to wait only and that is bored.

Yeah as you suggested trading gives a extra profit, but requires time to spend. Gambling helps in multiplying our bitcoin only if we are lucky else our wallet balance decreases gradually.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
When time is not your friend, like me, then buying coins for the longer term, let's say 3-5 years is a safe thing to do.
But remember, with every investment you should diversify. So never put all your eggs in 1 basket. Invest some in bitcoin
some money into stocks and most definitely some in a savings account.
Activity: 197
Merit: 100
I first got bitcoin from withdrawing from gambling sites.  I deposited with another method but could withdraw bitcoin so i did it.  Around that time bitcoin was around $220 usd or so and when i got it, i would then trade it for poker funds from other person etc because I didn't want to hold the bitcoins due to reading about price fluctuations.  However, isn't the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold it?  I know last year it was $600 and the highest was when it was more than $1000 per bitcoin.  But since it is all the way down to $200-$300, isn't having bitcoin always good?  Could bitcoin go all the way to 0 soon?  I had thought hey if you get bitcoin when its $230 when the price stayed like that for a long time, thats great b/c very hard for it to go below $200 because i haven't seen that.  But even if it does, isn't it almost always going to rebound and go back up?  Last time i had btc and it was $230 or so and now it went up to $260.  So if you have say 100 bitcoins... well... thats a nice $3000 profit or so.

I'm sure there are ppl that have thousands or bitcoins right and just hold on to it?  And many that would sell btc immediately if prices go all the way up?  If someone had say 500 bitcoin... then btc price went up $20 in say a week or so... selling it would net them $10000 minus fees right?  However if they sell it via localbitcoins or other method, they are going to get a higher profit right?  However if they do this, say sold all their 500 btc... then once bitcoin later in the year go up another $50... well that would be $25000 less they would have earned.

In general, isn't holding BTC always a good thing since the price of it is pretty low now?  Obviously if you bought btc at $600 or $1000 and thought it would went up and held on to your btc, that would been a disaster.  But since its in the $200-$300 range, isn't having BTC always good?

if you look for fastest way, then this is not for you, but if you want a easy way to get profit, then holding bitcoins is awesome for you, because you don't need any work just buy them

if you work for faster way, then you should try trading, buy coins when they are cheap and sell when expensive, this way is faster and might give more money but it needs more time
Jump to: