Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money? - page 23. (Read 368870 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
I'm holding on to my Bitcoin for a long term,  while watching its price and importance climb up making its way to society. It wont be long until everyone will start using Bitcoin and so the advantage that the people who currently have Bitcoin is that they will have more Bitcoin than the people who just recently heard about it. I cant wait to have Bitcoin as a global currency when transacting online, even though the price is falling down for the moment.
Yes holding bitcoin for a long time is a good way to make money because all the investors and traders know that bitcoin is never going to lose its worth and value in the market in future. Those who have invested in bit coins have planned a long term investment in bitcoin which is definitely going to give them a lot of profit.
If we look at those people who are now rich due to bitcoins and read about their history, we will come to know that holding on bitcoins for a long period was the only way with which they earned handsome amount of money. These were the people who invested in bitcoin at very early stage and trusted it’s potential. If anyone wants to be one of them, he must keep bitcoins in his wallet for a good duration.
I also think that this is a good way to earn money but the things actually work a bit differently .if we keep on saving bitcoins without even utilizing them for the sake of business or some sort of investment then there is no guarantee of you increasing your bank rolls on regular basis.

The more obvious way is to keep up with some sort of business to earn handsomely along with saving bitcoins.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
Basing from some historical data, bitcoin does increase value with time. No one really expected it to have more value than gold. But to generate a good income you should also invest in altcoins not only in bitcoin. Hodling is one of the method to make money but it really is time consuming. There are a lot of ways to earn which give some valuable returns like investment, saving and trading.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 886
I just could not imagine if BTC would really reach more than 50k USD.
A long holder will be so lucky.
I also should hold more
We ll be on the moon Smiley
What? Where did you see bitcoin 50k USD? It's now nearly 4300$ and the maximum it reached was 5K dollar.
But how can we say that long holder will be very lucky? Well I also think that there are many factors to believe that bitcoin's price will rise and holders will get great profit but imagine if something happens like china did, even their word affected bitcoin so much that it fall from 5000 to 3000, that's much and bad despite the fact that it's recovering now. We don't know if it will be able to recover again if something similar happens.
Activity: 140
Holding a bitcoin for a long time is not strategical in some factors because it is quit risky due to the flactuation of the bitcoin price in the market. Almost everyday there's is unexpected up or down of the price trend. I think we need it to invest, sell our bitcoin when the price is high to gain profit and buy a bitcoin when the price is lower but like what i've said it is risky.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
I just could not imagine if BTC would really reach more than 50k USD.
A long holder will be so lucky.
I also should hold more
We ll be on the moon Smiley
Activity: 1092
Merit: 501
Actually it is depand on holder who is collecting bitcoin for long time. If he can trade he can earn by it. If he has enough money he can hold it for the long time. The demand of bitcoin is increasing day by day. So if he hold for long time he can get more currency.
Really depends on who is catering this situation. If you are going with a strong plan of earning much more than yes holding always profits you as current scenario of market. But if you just want to earn little profits at daily rates then surely holding is not going to be profitable for you. It all depends on the plan and strategy, so make it wisely.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
As the current market rates fluctuates daily but as on weekends they fluctuates about 15dollars  so you can flip your bitcoins at weekends.
And, no holding your bitcoins for long is not a very good idea, you can trade them for other altcoins and then trade them back to btc after their incereased value, basically buy low and sell high.

Yeah i agree with you, if im on that situation same thing i will do..im not just hold my bitcoin but trade it into other currency, when other currency dump. And then turn it again into btc when the value of btc pumps. (Buy low and sell high), so in this strategy the  bitcoin you are going to hold for a certain time will earn more
2×, 3×......

I think you can only do this when the market is moving a lot. Most of the time, as bitcoin goes up, altcoins are going down (in bitcoin price). With what you are saying, you are basically taking advantage of the indifference of their price and I think that it only happens for a couple of hours, sometimes even a couple of minutes. So you should always be online in order to do it. I don't think that 2x, or 3x is really achievable in this strategy unless the altcoin that you bought suddenly went up which is kinda rare these days, tbh. So many coins are out there and everyone is trading this and that. People don't really support a coin anymore, they simply use altcoins as a tool to make profit and in the end of the day, they are going to convert those profit into bitcoin and hold that long term.
There is no doubt that altcoin market is not strong at all and if compared to bitcoin market, people are really shifting from altcoins to bitcoin. They do buy altcoin but just to use them in trading and earn profit.

With those profits at the end of the day, they buy bitcoin and treat them like long term investments because we all know that holding of bitcoin is the easiest method of becoming rich.
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
Put some in coldstorage. But for Bitcoin to succeed I also think you should use them, to buy, trade etc.
Holding bitcoin for long term is good but you need to have some eye on board also because its giving good profit on short term basis also as happen few days back some bump and now again prices going on regular rate
Yes, i agree with you to hold bitcoin is a good way to make some money. It is so good that if we try to hold bitcoin we are have money to spend into our needs. In additional, by holding bitcoin it is become useful in us because we are earned some profit on it and in holding bitcoin it is so profitable.  And for now, I'm just trying to hold my bitcoin and if the time i need it i withdraw with it, so holding our bitcoin is so good. And for now, I'm just continue to holding my bitcoin, because i am so familiar on this like of way.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
Yes.
That is true. I bought and HODL some BTC,
Value is rising and I still keep it
Activity: 1022
Merit: 517
Yes holding Bitcoin a log time is indeed a good way to make money. But you need to be patient enough because it is taking time, and sometimes it take years to reach good level of the price.
If we re check the Bitcoin's chart and its price's history during the last years we can see that its increasing highly from below than 1$ to +4200$ actually

But for now it is too risky to hold so many bitcoins for long term imo, unless you are really believe that its price will double/triple in the next few years. It is more than x4500 or even x5000 from its launched, those who bought it earlier and still hold it till now are very lucky person. May the high increase comes again in the future, from $4200 to $100k maybe?
Activity: 980
Merit: 507
Holding is good in a long term, any kind of investment is good in the long term if the root of the project is capable enough. I think holding is good but at the same time from business person's point of view, it's termed as waste of funds. Like you don't put much of use, it just stays in your wallet. You don't put it's potential, it's efficiency to much use when you hold. So what I prefer to do is trade bitcoin with all coins and whenever I get a profit, I convert it to bitcoin. And when the price falls of bitcoin I just reinvest.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
Yes holding Bitcoin a long time is indeed a good way to make money. But you need to be patient enough because it is taking time, and sometimes it take years to reach good level of the price.
If we re check the Bitcoin's chart and its price's history during the last years we can see that its increasing highly from below than 1$ to +4200$ actually
Activity: 466
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
actually holding bitcoin for a long time is not always a good time, but it will give us a greater chance of profit. because prices will always change up and down depending on market activity.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
If we are going to figure out the previous current trend of bitcoin, we can see that it's beneficial for its traders and holders due to fluctiations/volitality. This is a path that that events can happen for future. Thus, we can say that it can be a long time to make money but the risk is always there like other investment programs.

The problem occurs when the future starts acting up and that's when it hits you. That's when you realize that the past records are not really going to happen again and again and that they are actually irrelevant. For example, ETH was thought as a coin that will continue to rise up and then eventually replace bitcoin. Ethereum is a good platform, don't get me wrong. But it has lead a lot of people to buy at a high price 0.08BTC to 0.12BTC per piece and up to now they still haven't made any profit and they are all in negative profit. The past of ETH was that it rose up from a small project that have a solid road map and then went up. It's the past chart but you see it's not just going to repeat and repeat itself. Right now ETH is playing at 0.067BTC to 0.072BTC and that isn't really in accordance with its past chart.

Anyway, things may be turn out great for both ETH and BTC. Who knows? I'm just here saying that you can't really trust the past performance of a certain market. Hype dies eventually.
Activity: 910
Merit: 251
Majority of the community of this industry are holding bitcoins but still not sure about it. or It could be that few are still holding bitcoin in a long term because of they hold in a long term was altcoins, I think Wink
Activity: 209
If we are going to figure out the previous current trend of bitcoin, we can see that it's beneficial for its traders and holders due to fluctiations/volitality. This is a path that that events can happen for future. Thus, we can say that it can be a long time to make money but the risk is always there like other investment programs.
Activity: 434
Merit: 103
Historically holding bitcoin has been very profitably but it is inevitable that profitability will slow. For a decent annual return it is great but to make yourself rich now I do not think holding bitcoin is enough.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
Yes I believe that holding bitcoin for a long time will make you earn more profits considering the price of bitcoin is slowly increasing and it has great potential to increase more in the future. But its all depend on the person if he choose to hold it or sell it before the price suddenly goes down. There are other reasons for not holding bitcoin for so long like if the money is really needed then they don't have a choice but to sell it.

I agree to that ideas and most of the majority here also stated that long term really can help us gain better profit in the future and make us more wealthy. Basically all investors really hope for that and always developing self confidence to face challenges that might affect their decisions towards trading. Even if price fluctuates in an unpredictable ways, we should always think that price will pump eventually.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Actually it is depand on holder who is collecting bitcoin for long time. If he can trade he can earn by it. If he has enough money he can hold it for the long time. The demand of bitcoin is increasing day by day. So if he hold for long time he can get more currency.
Holder still has many type, as per my knowledge, two common types are passive holder and active holder. The passive holder are holder do not spend their time to check the price of Bitcoin, they have a target and sell their Bitcoin at that price, they do not care anything about its value decrease on the road growth. In contrast to passive holder, active holder are people will sell their Bitcoin at ATH price or highest price of a cycle, then they will buy back to buy extra Bitcoin for their balance.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 101
Pages:
Jump to: