Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money? - page 70. (Read 368872 times)

Activity: 492
Merit: 291
TokenMarket.net
I would say hold on to your BTC. you will never know what the price will be in the next couple of years. Seeing how it went up to $1000, compared to summer of 2016, it already proves the theory that BTC is good long term investment.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
maybe... But btc is famous because of its wavy motions. If you just hold your btcs doing nothing, you may not gain enough. Its better to try some exchanges / trades etc
Why he will not get anything if he will not do any thing with them. You can see that from the last year the price of bitcoin is tripled up so all of those who have kept their bitcoin doing nothing on their wallet then they have got a good profit from that investment.
If it does not do anything alone can make money, especially if we do trade with short-term,
buy when cheap prices and sell when it is expensive. It'll make us earn a bigger profit than not doing anything
You talking about how good the profit from trading only , without considering the risk you can lost alot!
People always lured with that way but failed in the end.
For me making money by investing long term in bitcoin always be a good idea rather than any other way & investment, why? Simply i am risk taker and i believe in bitcoin!

What you said is true, everyone talks about profit from trading but no one tells about the risk of loss in trading also, their are so many users who are in big loss due to trading in altcoin without knowing about the coin features and get scammed by scam coins,

That is why if you are earning other income then save from that and buy bitcoins and keep for long term apart from that you can earn bitcoins through this forum buy doing lot of task.
So yeaaa it is always better to invest in the long term if you have no time to trade in daily basis.
Trading required experience and skills to analyze the market and some news that could affceted.
And for those people who is too busy to just learn and looking for an experience , the best choice to make money in the long run always an investment business.
Investing into long term is a good way to make better earning,  at the same something important to be considered on the go is to make changes or sell the invested amount by withdrawing it,  because at times the price reaches peak.  We need to be careful to use the right time to make good profit out of it. Else you might feel bad if price drops during the time of withdrawal on urgent needs.
legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1253
So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)
For me you won't earn that much profit if you are just going to hold bitcoin for a long time then sell it after a year or so. If you will put that on some kind of investment like a business or do trading, yiu can earn more btc than just holding it for a long time. Although there are some risks but it is up to you if you will take it. As they say no pain no gain. If you are afraid that you can lost your btc when you invested it then it is better to just hold it.

For people who are having a job daily or maintaining their own business it can tough to keep tabs on market and declare sell orders or buy orders every now and then. For them holding for long is the better method if they dont want to compromise their other work

Again I agree daily trading is more profitable, but then big dips are common and if such things happen we have to wait for the prices to rise again before resuming trading - since you never know what was the real cause of the dip - it may be hacking of some big company which is not uncommon and happened with many.
Activity: 1232
Merit: 250
For me you won't earn that much profit if you are just going to hold bitcoin for a long time then sell it after a year or so. If you will put that on some kind of investment like a business or do trading, yiu can earn more btc than just holding it for a long time. Although there are some risks but it is up to you if you will take it. As they say no pain no gain. If you are afraid that you can lost your btc when you invested it then it is better to just hold it.

Holding or putting money is itself an Investment. And holding obviously will grow your money, but yes the timing to release your holdings depends on your profit. The of BTC nearly few months ago was $650-750 and now it is going around for $900-1100. But yes ofcourse it doesn't guarantees great profit if you hold your BTC. So investing somewhere else might get you bigger profits. But BTC is currently a great positive Investment Option. Personally for me its good to hold BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
maybe... But btc is famous because of its wavy motions. If you just hold your btcs doing nothing, you may not gain enough. Its better to try some exchanges / trades etc
Why he will not get anything if he will not do any thing with them. You can see that from the last year the price of bitcoin is tripled up so all of those who have kept their bitcoin doing nothing on their wallet then they have got a good profit from that investment.
If it does not do anything alone can make money, especially if we do trade with short-term,
buy when cheap prices and sell when it is expensive. It'll make us earn a bigger profit than not doing anything
You talking about how good the profit from trading only , without considering the risk you can lost alot!
People always lured with that way but failed in the end.
For me making money by investing long term in bitcoin always be a good idea rather than any other way & investment, why? Simply i am risk taker and i believe in bitcoin!

What you said is true, everyone talks about profit from trading but no one tells about the risk of loss in trading also, their are so many users who are in big loss due to trading in altcoin without knowing about the coin features and get scammed by scam coins,

That is why if you are earning other income then save from that and buy bitcoins and keep for long term apart from that you can earn bitcoins through this forum buy doing lot of task.
So yeaaa it is always better to invest in the long term if you have no time to trade in daily basis.
Trading required experience and skills to analyze the market and some news that could affceted.
And for those people who is too busy to just learn and looking for an experience , the best choice to make money in the long run always an investment business.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
legendary
We have many examples of people who bought bitcoin when it has price like 2$ and they are millionares now, but bitcoin costed like that more than 5 years ago.

Not exactly correct since the people who did buy at less than 10$ per bitcoin did sell all their coins when prices touched around 100-200$. Then they bought again and again sold them at rise of 100-200 units. This cycle is continuing even today. No one has that much patience that they held their coins for 7 years.

So I think for the perspective about bitcoin we have to base exactly on this time, five years. I already began to put on side some percent of my monthly bitcoins for the future.

This is a correct idea. The idea that many people are following. Many of us are putting small amount of savings into bitcoin assets every month. That way our total stock of bitcoin increases and we can sell them when we want to make profits.
Activity: 350
Bitcointalk.org
We have many examples of people who bought bitcoin when it has price like 2$ and they are millionares now, but bitcoin costed like that more than 5 years ago. So I think for the perspective about bitcoin we have to base exactly on this time, five years. I already began to put on side some percent of my monthly bitcoins for the future.

Those were the lucky people who bought at that low price but those days will never come back again and if bitcoin falls that low then it would be definitely end of bitcoins, but even if you buy now and manage to hold for next 5 years then still you can make good profits as price will be surely higher after 5 years.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 514
We have many examples of people who bought bitcoin when it has price like 2$ and they are millionares now, but bitcoin costed like that more than 5 years ago. So I think for the perspective about bitcoin we have to base exactly on this time, five years. I already began to put on side some percent of my monthly bitcoins for the future.
legendary
Something worth considering in holding Bitcoin for a long time is that this technology is still maturing and a whole lots of things might be thrown over board before getting there, so the safer side is to not start seeing it as buy and forget, till whenever scheme. Profits are also possible along the way and over time, those add up, except necessary skills and money management is lacking.

I agree with you point - it is still considered that bitcoin is in a beta stage even today after several years and should be handled with caution. But then many people have accepted it and its prices are rising. This shows that people are willing to invest in it and the miners are thus dumping more and more according to the demands.

Again traders are the ones who are making the economy worth investing in.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
Technically what you are saying is wrong. If you currently see the price it has increased from 700$ to 1000$ in just 1-2 months. So you still think that in the future the price won't go up??
I would recommend all the people who currently have btc to hold it and not sell it because it has lot's of potential in the coming months.
I think you are right to some extent that the beauty of the bitcoin is that its price is not fixed and most of the time its price jumps to the next level. That’s the main reason most of the investors are interested in adopting bitcoins then it is obviously a good way to make more money by simply saving it some longer haul. No doubts on it.

We can also consider several funds coming in to bitcoin for the increase in price.  Like what is scheduled next month, the decision about the ETF, I hope it is approved so that Bitcoin will have another batch of fresh funds to come in.

The ETF once approved can turn out to be a trigger of another rally where it might push the price past the all time high. However, it can also initiate a dump as certain traders might get disappointed in case the ETF doesn't get approved. I like to keep all situations wide open where I have different plans for each possible outcome. Also worth mentioning is that the Winklevoss isn't the only Bitcoin ETF that we will hear about this year. It's a great tool to attract professional money from institutions in the long term. Growth, growth and even more growth if these ETFs turn out to become reality.

I agree not only it will bring fund from the approved ETF, but it will also boost the confidence and trust of people to Bitcoin.  We can really expect a rally of Bitcoin here because funds from private investors that was in doubt this previous years will change its POV towards BTC and invest.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
Technically what you are saying is wrong. If you currently see the price it has increased from 700$ to 1000$ in just 1-2 months. So you still think that in the future the price won't go up??
I would recommend all the people who currently have btc to hold it and not sell it because it has lot's of potential in the coming months.
I think you are right to some extent that the beauty of the bitcoin is that its price is not fixed and most of the time its price jumps to the next level. That’s the main reason most of the investors are interested in adopting bitcoins then it is obviously a good way to make more money by simply saving it some longer haul. No doubts on it.

We can also consider several funds coming in to bitcoin for the increase in price.  Like what is scheduled next month, the decision about the ETF, I hope it is approved so that Bitcoin will have another batch of fresh funds to come in.

The ETF once approved can turn out to be a trigger of another rally where it might push the price past the all time high. However, it can also initiate a dump as certain traders might get disappointed in case the ETF doesn't get approved. I like to keep all situations wide open where I have different plans for each possible outcome. Also worth mentioning is that the Winklevoss isn't the only Bitcoin ETF that we will hear about this year. It's a great tool to attract professional money from institutions in the long term. Growth, growth and even more growth if these ETFs turn out to become reality.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

We can also consider several funds coming in to bitcoin for the increase in price.  Like what is scheduled next month, the decision about the ETF, I hope it is approved so that Bitcoin will have another batch of fresh funds to come in.
copper member
Activity: 1050

Aside from that Bitcoin is destined to deflate, meaning it will have less number of coins in the future because some might lost their private key to access Bitcoin.  Other might fail to retrieve the private key and then forgot their password.  So with this Bitcoin is getting rarer and rarer by day making its price increase.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036
Activity: 672
I think it's good way for Beginner's who dont know about trading or other earning method. And this is also not riskfree because none can assure that bitcoin price will only rise, it could be go down also.
i think it is also good for those people who do not have any experience in short term investment. in current time the price of bitcoin is trading above 1000 $ therefore long term investment is a safe investment as compare to short term investment. because in short term investment there is more chance that the price of bitcoin will decrease and you can lose some bitcoin. while in long term investment we ae pretty sure that after some downfall the price of bitcoin will start raising again.
In current time any type of investor will get the profit if he /she will do short term investment because the fluctuations range are higher and buying in low and selling in high will give them a better profit within shorter time period then along with that investing in bitcoin for long term is much better as  if someone will invest for long term then he will be millionaire in the coming year.
Activity: 462
I think it's good way for Beginner's who dont know about trading or other earning method. And this is also not riskfree because none can assure that bitcoin price will only rise, it could be go down also.
i think it is also good for those people who do not have any experience in short term investment. in current time the price of bitcoin is trading above 1000 $ therefore long term investment is a safe investment as compare to short term investment. because in short term investment there is more chance that the price of bitcoin will decrease and you can lose some bitcoin. while in long term investment we ae pretty sure that after some downfall the price of bitcoin will start raising again.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 517
Something worth considering in holding Bitcoin for a long time is that this technology is still maturing and a whole lots of things might be thrown over board before getting there, so the safer side is to not start seeing it as buy and forget, till whenever scheme. Profits are also possible along the way and over time, those add up, except necessary skills and money management is lacking.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
certainly it is, holding bitcoin is one of the best investment decision you can take but it has to be for long time. If you are trying to make quick profit, try trading instead which may fetch you some quick and good amount of profit. However, if you can just hold your bitcoins for another 3-5 years nnd also keep accumulating in the meantime, It can make your rich for sure.

I had accumulated a decent amount of bitcoin when the price was standing at $450. So you can easily understand that how much profit I have made just by holding my bitcoin idle. So the answer is Yes, you can make a good amount of money by just holding bitcoin for long term.
Activity: 454
i have been researching for that answer for a while now .. and i believe its all about the bitcoin price in the market .. sometimes it goes up and sometimes down .. u just have to be in the right moment to make that profit
yes i also agree with you that long term investment is a good idea. the price of bitcoin is now trading above 1000 USD and we can see that there is a lot of fluctuation in the price of bitcoin any time the price of bitcoin can increase and any time can drop therefore i think the best idea is to hold bitcoin for long term and secure a good profit after some time.
I see, Holding bitcoin for long term is really a good way to make bitcoin,  because the price of the bitcoin tend to rise each year. But it should have enough capital so that its advantages felt. If only got 0.5 BTC and we hold for a year that's just a waste of time.  Grin
I think the most important thing is not to lose the initial investment, and make profit from it. Even with this amount of Bitcoin, you can have a good gain. But if it were me, I would try to accumulate a little more, because I see that in that year there may be advances that will be rare to see again, such as the development of applications to make the use of Bitcoin even better, and there is even the possibility of scaling issue is resolved.
Pages:
Jump to: