Pages:
Author

Topic: Is ICO WhitePaper Matter Most? - page 11. (Read 2841 times)

Activity: 2674
Merit: 696
Dimon69
January 05, 2020, 09:25:15 AM
Asking the question looks strange to me, personally i will be straight; never look at the whitepaper for any reason to choose for yourself an ICO or IEO. Carefully check if the project has hard some good products before they roll out their tokenization. Although personally am not a good investor because many of my investment had taught me a great lesson back in 2018. Ensure to invest on a project with a workable products.
Check the project intention, use and their product. There's no use now on effort ing in reading the white paper unless we already know that they have the existing product that will show almost all what they aim in their crowd funding, whitepaper is too important but developers were no longer true to what they put there.
Activity: 2100
Merit: 174
January 05, 2020, 09:22:04 AM
Asking the question looks strange to me, personally i will be straight; never look at the whitepaper for any reason to choose for yourself an ICO or IEO. Carefully check if the project has hard some good products before they roll out their tokenization. Although personally am not a good investor because many of my investment had taught me a great lesson back in 2018. Ensure to invest on a project with a workable products.
Activity: 61
Merit: 0
January 05, 2020, 09:14:36 AM
ICO WhitePaper is the most problematic thing. The whitepaper has created many ill-fated victims. all bullshit is a hoax. I never believed the whitepaper. What we want them to be unable to do.
Activity: 62
Merit: 0
January 05, 2020, 09:11:31 AM
If reading the whitepaper alone is not enough to become a base for investing in cryptocurrencies, those honeymoon tips and tricks are nothing but real. Please be on high alert for me.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 269
January 05, 2020, 09:07:16 AM
Well for me, it is somehow important because it includes all of the information about the project that they are trying to propose. Sometimes, the information on the whitepaper doesn't fit on the actual project itself so we also need to analyze if they are being honest on the information that they have included on it.

If a project does not have a whitepaper, then you have to question the existence of it at all. But then again,,, a good WP does not mean a good project. And in the same opposite way a bad WP does not mean a non profitable project. Guess the biggest example to all should be EOS. Shitty copy pasted whitepaper and people put everything in it and it still became profitable!

Profitable does not mean successful project.  What I am trying to say is, the market can be manipulated and can the price of a token can be pumped and some maybe caught with this hype and some will profit, but a good project is the one that delivers roadmaps.  and the one the delivers those that are written on whitepaper are those that have capable developers.  Imagine, they have the fund to finish the project but many failed because they have incompetent developers.
Activity: 421
Merit: 105
January 04, 2020, 07:15:15 AM
I think it will matter if those project will have unique or have new idea and not just a copy right project. we encounter many scam projects in past years and non of them succeed even you read their white paper or they have great white paper they still fail at the end. so those whitepaper will matter if they are aiming to succeed and follow what is written there.
Well, it'a really difficult for them to come up with a new idea since there are already a lot of altcoins existed which has various platform and usability. Thus, this results suspected plagiarized whitepapers which disgusts the investors, causing a project to fail. For this reason, whitepaper really matters.
Activity: 700
Merit: 27
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
January 04, 2020, 07:03:56 AM
Both whitepapers and websites appearance can't be used to judge how good a project is but what the project has to offer the public, real use cases is what defines the potential of new projects, whitepapers can be easily copied so forget about them and do better research first
Activity: 784
Merit: 251
https://raiser.network
January 04, 2020, 06:32:57 AM
I think it will matter if those project will have unique or have new idea and not just a copy right project. we encounter many scam projects in past years and non of them succeed even you read their white paper or they have great white paper they still fail at the end. so those whitepaper will matter if they are aiming to succeed and follow what is written there.
Activity: 910
Merit: 12
January 04, 2020, 06:21:18 AM
Even if not most importantly, i think whitepaper is quite important. You can find all information about the project on the whitepaper and check the information shared here to get an idea of the project.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
January 04, 2020, 06:14:47 AM
Well for me, it is somehow important because it includes all of the information about the project that they are trying to propose. Sometimes, the information on the whitepaper doesn't fit on the actual project itself so we also need to analyze if they are being honest on the information that they have included on it.

If a project does not have a whitepaper, then you have to question the existence of it at all. But then again,,, a good WP does not mean a good project. And in the same opposite way a bad WP does not mean a non profitable project. Guess the biggest example to all should be EOS. Shitty copy pasted whitepaper and people put everything in it and it still became profitable!
Activity: 1050
Merit: 269
January 04, 2020, 06:01:42 AM
The attached picture in this thread is enough to say how a whitepaper does matter in a crypto project. Don't trust any new ICO whitepaper's words, you can get those quality whitepapers only by spending 50-60$ in Fiverr! So, the whitepaper is nothing nowadays, ICO projects lost their potential, popularity long ago! No one believes those words in the whitepaper.

The thing is, aside from whitepaper, we should check the team component.  They are the people behind this project and the one that will make the whitepaper into reality.  Whitepaper is important but the ability and capability of the project developer is way more important than that.  They can present us with a perfect whitepaper but team composition will never lie on how they will deliver the product.  So I think this two. whitepaper and team composition should be thoroughly checked.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
January 04, 2020, 04:37:51 AM
These days they have even become smarter, many of these projects do away with an attractive whitepaper, instead they develop a fully working product before launching their sale and investors are hooked, then they say that the funds raised would be merely used for marketing purposes for the product, after the sales, the project just gradually fades into the background like so much white noise. It takes grace to be able to discern the genuine projects irrespective of whitepaper.
Thats the new investors interest in the new phase of crowdfund. Show us what you got and how it could drive volume then we put our fund. Except for seed and private sale we might not see any public sale before the project is listed on exchanges in the new phase of crypto startups. It is a trend on twitter as they tweets, 'RIP to whitepaper'. Do you know how many whitepaper Mcafree wrote? just to deceive investors. I believe public sale investors are more victims than the private and trend is changing. 
Activity: 742
Merit: 16
January 04, 2020, 04:22:37 AM
I don't bother to check new projects whitepaper anymore unless i want to write content for them, this days i am more interested in the team and partners of the project, the few successful projects always have better partnerships, not just one but many
Activity: 924
Merit: 256
January 04, 2020, 03:13:34 AM
to be honest until now with the whitepaper can give a little picture of what will be developed by the developers so that investors can find out how the project can be implemented and usually whitepaper is also a benchmark to determine the success or failure of the ICO.
Activity: 868
Merit: 333
January 04, 2020, 03:09:50 AM
~snip
i have been a victim of a well written white papers.  Nowadays I don't give a shit about those papers anymore. If a project doesn't have good backers like angel investors or its self funded, forget about it, its all a joke to me
We all do, since it is one of the basement that we are looking before we participate or invest in an ICO. But still, you should look for it but not only on their whitepaper, but for the whole project, it is not something that we should not disregard.  
copper member
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
January 04, 2020, 03:05:09 AM
Who among us here have been victims of almost perfect Whitepaper?
Those sublimely well-written, full of excellent ideas and proposals that turned out to be a piece of crap!
Reading whitepaper is not enough to be a basis of investing in crypto because almost everyone can write whatever they want,
they even promise you the Moon and Stars.

So, be careful now in choosing ICOs, as much as possible look for projects that at least have initially implemented the products or services, if not the whole.

i have been a victim of a well written white papers.  Nowadays I don't give a shit about those papers anymore. If a project doesn't have good backers like angel investors or its self funded, forget about it, its all a joke to me
Activity: 771
Merit: 258
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
January 04, 2020, 03:00:38 AM
These days they have even become smarter, many of these projects do away with an attractive whitepaper, instead they develop a fully working product before launching their sale and investors are hooked, then they say that the funds raised would be merely used for marketing purposes for the product, after the sales, the project just gradually fades into the background like so much white noise. It takes grace to be able to discern the genuine projects irrespective of whitepaper.
Activity: 490
Merit: 19
January 04, 2020, 02:41:45 AM
Gone are those days where you can judge the potential of any new projects with whitepaper only, nowadays you will be in the shadows if you choose new projects because of what you read on their whitepapers, there are many who plagiarized other old coins white paper and even steal contents too
Activity: 692
Merit: 254
terra-credit.com
January 04, 2020, 02:23:36 AM
The attached picture in this thread is enough to say how a whitepaper does matter in a crypto project. Don't trust any new ICO whitepaper's words, you can get those quality whitepapers only by spending 50-60$ in Fiverr! So, the whitepaper is nothing nowadays, ICO projects lost their potential, popularity long ago! No one believes those words in the whitepaper.
Activity: 462
Merit: 19
January 04, 2020, 02:22:36 AM
I've seen where by a new project in 2019 has a not so attractive white paper and guess what it's one of the best project of that year, the name of the project is Sero, they launch their IEO on gate.io and it was profitable for investors, it's not always about whitepaper
Pages:
Jump to: