Pages:
Author

Topic: Is ICO WhitePaper Matter Most? - page 7. (Read 2841 times)

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562
July 21, 2020, 07:45:51 AM
Gone are the days when project Whitepapers meant much or decided if investors invested in a project. These days, a lot of projects have nothing to offer other than properly packaged Whitepapers with absolutely nothing to back up their projects. No products or clear definitions of their goals and objectives. Worst still is, most of these Whitepapers are rewritten from old projects with some tweaking just to entice unsuspecting investors to invest in their projects.
After all the white paper plagiarism so of course, investors don't pay attention toward project's white paper anymore. All thanks to the dark age of ICO scam. Tho, I still think it's a must for a good project to caught investor's interest.

we learn a lot of things this past few years duting the time the ICO scammers grab all the money they want to innocent investors and also newbie in the crypto business, but today, I've notice that ICO is now in the brink of fading away in the crypto world because most of the people today are truely awake.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
Vave.com
July 17, 2020, 02:13:45 PM
The White Paper is important because we know the extent of the project, and we have the details of that project. More often than not, the scam project copies the white paper and looks at other projects to create a false assurance. But we should do more research as well because we need to be extra smart to invest in a project.
Activity: 171
Merit: 11
July 17, 2020, 01:59:39 PM
Gone are the days when project Whitepapers meant much or decided if investors invested in a project. These days, a lot of projects have nothing to offer other than properly packaged Whitepapers with absolutely nothing to back up their projects. No products or clear definitions of their goals and objectives. Worst still is, most of these Whitepapers are rewritten from old projects with some tweaking just to entice unsuspecting investors to invest in their projects.
After all the white paper plagiarism so of course, investors don't pay attention toward project's white paper anymore. All thanks to the dark age of ICO scam. Tho, I still think it's a must for a good project to caught investor's interest.
July 17, 2020, 01:36:18 PM
Anyone here visited the freelancers sites Fiverr creating an ICO is a big money maker there, the cheapest price for an ICO whitepaper fetch around $500 to $1000 they will do a concept based on what you feed them, whitepaper should be created and arranged by the developers themselves and not hire people to do it for you, some cheap developers copy their projects idea to old platforms and whitepaper and this is very rampant just check out the scam section.

I saw that many freelance site has so many project offer that are related in making the whitepaper article and that means there are people are really using this kind of game to make an good profit by hyping crypto investors by showing them a good and very well wrote WP.
June 30, 2020, 09:56:44 PM
Developers spend money and time to create their own white paper and many scam projects are busted because of creating a face or copying other's whitepapers, serious investors are reading and analyzing whitepaper because from this they can see the potential of the project and the originality of platform, people should always look on the whitepaper, it should be detailed and comprehensive.

Exactly! these people are really scambag and they are using the the people welfare to gain the benefits, they do a littile article editing then they've already created their own ICO token in lessthan 200$ they've made an ICO which is ready to collect money from people.
Activity: 125
Merit: 1
June 29, 2020, 06:52:37 PM
Activity: 579
Merit: 13
Are you kind to your neighbor? Think it through
June 29, 2020, 06:41:57 PM
As important as the ico whitepaper is reckoned to be important to a project; it does not really matter. A whitepaper is usually issued to give potential investors an insight into what the project is all about, how to achieve it, beneficiaries of the projects, as well the token models and the roadmap/timeframe to make this happen. Which is why willingness to invest in any project; should be more than just what is on paper.
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273
June 29, 2020, 06:18:42 PM
Doing good level of research about the project is what it takes to become a successful investor as there will be thousands of projects with probably the best white papers out there, but the fact is, we just get lured by their "too good to be true" kinda schemes and fall for them. Best way is to go to an advocate who can understand the terms much better than us and make us understand whether the project would work or not. If OP thinks that we'd invest in moon and star talks these days, then I believe we should consider ourselves as noobs even after spending a decade in crypto.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 21
COMBONetworkio
June 29, 2020, 03:20:15 PM
of the many projects that I participated in, I have never seen their Whitepaper, the first thing I saw was their activeness on github and social media, that's all
Activity: 2926
Merit: 567
June 29, 2020, 02:52:54 PM
Anyone here visited the freelancers sites Fiverr creating an ICO is a big money maker there, the cheapest price for an ICO whitepaper fetch around $500 to $1000 they will do a concept based on what you feed them, whitepaper should be created and arranged by the developers themselves and not hire people to do it for you, some cheap developers copy their projects idea to old platforms and whitepaper and this is very rampant just check out the scam section.
Activity: 840
Merit: 101
June 29, 2020, 02:02:18 PM
The sad thing is that often this document can be plagiarised but often this is a good basis to discard a project. If the team wasn't bothered to detail the product/project it goes without hesitation that there might not be an end product at all!
Not surprisingly, whitepapers are easy for plagiarism because all whitepapers are publicly displayed from all projects, there are no scammer projects that have survived the whitepaper validation checking community and even a few quoted words will be found if they do not include the source.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 275
June 29, 2020, 01:42:37 PM
Well,I think that the white paper is very important ,in as much as it is, one really need to see the team behind the project, if the team isn't a working team and no good back up,then everything in the white paper won't be fruitful,also the use case of a project is important to look at, what difference have they come to contribute to the blockchain space,these are the few things I watch out for.
All we have to know about the project include the white paper where they will write something different and the goals in their own products I think everyone will also project which will be valid with a real team and good support.
copper member
Activity: 994
Merit: 4
June 29, 2020, 12:27:40 PM
Well,I think that the white paper is very important ,in as much as it is, one really need to see the team behind the project, if the team isn't a working team and no good back up,then everything in the white paper won't be fruitful,also the use case of a project is important to look at, what difference have they come to contribute to the blockchain space,these are the few things I watch out for.
Activity: 980
Merit: 260
June 29, 2020, 12:17:00 PM
Developers spend money and time to create their own white paper and many scam projects are busted because of creating a face or copying other's whitepapers, serious investors are reading and analyzing whitepaper because from this they can see the potential of the project and the originality of platform, people should always look on the whitepaper, it should be detailed and comprehensive.

I agree, reading through the whitepaper is crucial especially if planning on financially supporting the project. ICO's main objective is to write one such document because it gives an overview of the market research undertaken to see how this new product competes with what's already available.

The sad thing is that often this document can be plagiarised but often this is a good basis to discard a project. If the team wasn't bothered to detail the product/project it goes without hesitation that there might not be an end product at all!
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
June 29, 2020, 12:11:02 PM
Earlier I used to browse the whitepapers of various projects. Once in a while we came across very interesting projects, which have something unique to offer. But that said, more than 90% of them will be having plagiarized content. And that is one of the first red flags that we notice, while reviewing the new projects. But then, some of the most famous projects have been accused of plagiarism. TRON is an example.
June 29, 2020, 11:40:27 AM
Most of the people who involve in crypto always looking the source of information in one familiar project, that's why we are so eager to look it in the form that we can understand, now early 2015 ICO has been born and they put the brain of the project on it, Today the whitepaper is just simply to hype people and making us believe on the beauty of their project which is more of the ICO project now failed to perform well.

I just gave you a few extra merits for this because I remember thinking it was extremely funny back when I first saw it way back when. We've come a long way over the last 2 years. Nowadays I only check white papers to see if they've been plagiarized. I don't really care about their actual idea already because everything that can be done under the sun with crypto and the blockchain has already been done. Very rarely am I inspired by new projects these days.

Thank you sir! We both have the same perspective, I also looking for whitepaper for facts and compare it to some legit WP because in Service section some user there offered a article and doing some WP job in just only few dollar of payment, Creating and ICO is an easy job because eth base algo is easy to create even a noob person can do it.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
June 29, 2020, 04:01:22 AM
Whitepaper is very important so this is the goal of their project so it will be written on the whitepaper so everyone will know about this project actually, but sometimes we have to be careful now that many projects are plagiarizing their whitepaper so they steal concepts from other projects.

Yes, some scams just copy paste whitepaper from other projects, they don't even bother to change it a bit. Wp should contain everything about the project, from the team members, the project ideas, their plans, road maps, and everything connected with the project itself. Good Wp means a lot, but it's just a beginning, the team should be able to follow their plans, to struggle with problems, to face with many users and their problems, you really need to have a good team capable for all that. Without good team, awesome community Wp doesn't worth much.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 644
https://duelbits.com/
June 29, 2020, 03:30:54 AM
Whitepaper is very important so this is the goal of their project so it will be written on the whitepaper so everyone will know about this project actually, but sometimes we have to be careful now that many projects are plagiarizing their whitepaper so they steal concepts from other projects.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
June 29, 2020, 03:10:31 AM
White paper is necessary but it's not important if the team of a project knows what they are doing, white paper is just for investors to have an idea about what the project is going to look like in future, the fact that lots of investors took white paper very serious is why there are lots of scam projects who use white paper in defrauding investors, promising what they cannot offer. Lots of
Activity: 910
Merit: 252
June 29, 2020, 02:53:41 AM
I am also victim of trusting the white paper i can mention the project names but it wont sufficient  to fill in this thread . in 2018 most of the White paper made impact while coin released to exchanges it has done decent revenue but i was trusting this coins blindly without seeing the team behind that most of the team left project as it is after some time . Some went through legal issue SEC and other equivalent bureau investigation made that coins nothing.
Active team as well as legal issues also matters when we holding or investing in any coin or token. 
Pages:
Jump to: