Pages:
Author

Topic: Is ignorance bliss after all? - page 2. (Read 346 times)

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
May 03, 2022, 05:17:38 AM
A very simple question.

Should I, as a citizen, be concerned about what's happening to the world? I know I don't feel right when I ignore society's problems as I might have my rights infringed. But, I look around some of my people who're ignorant and they seem happy. Is this constant concern beneficial, after all?

yup being ignorant can be good as being carefree. no burdens and worries.

but you as an investor who looks for profit i think will need to know the future of your country and the world. being concerned is beneficial because by the time you know time is changing, you will also know where to invest. it's a touchy topic but if your country is currently in a war, the price of properties will really be in low price so an investor can be profitable when the war is over.

times change we know there are troubles in the EU related to the Russia-Ukraine invasion and US economy is not good also according to many economist. where to invest? Ray Dalio says China which his investment is mostly in China. but that country is also experiencing turmoil in thier economy. no where else to go but BTC.
Activity: 1624
Merit: 294
May 03, 2022, 04:46:57 AM
No, it's not.

I was blissfully ignorant regarding economics back in 2009, so I missed the (super early) BTC train.

I deeply regret that. Who doesn't?

95% of the society is still blissfully ignorant regarding economics/BTC currently and they're going to regret it in the future... they don't even realize that huge unrest is coming (food/oil shortages etc.)

They'd rather think what kind of coffee they're going to drink today and where are they gonna go for vacation this summer. Say what you want about me, but I don't wanna be like them. I'd rather be super-vigilant/concerned.

ps: Sheep also seem very happy grazing grass, even a few days before the Easter comes. Can't really blame them for their blissful ignorance, but I wouldn't wanna be in their position! Grin
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1512
May 02, 2022, 11:47:31 PM
There are studies of depression rates across various cultures, and what's often reported is that westerners have higher rates of depression than those in lower developed countries such as those in Africa.

How's it possible in the most prosperous time in human history, the westerners with extreme luxuries have higher depression rates than those without such luxuries? My guess is the propensity of those with internet access to be informed about matters that lead to unhappiness. The predisposition of depression from a westerner tells you ignorance is bliss.

You might pay attention to society's problems, but shouldn't experience mental anguish from it. If you do, it's time to go outside.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1836
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
May 02, 2022, 11:43:58 PM
Of course you should care about what is happening around you in the world, you should also worry about the problems that society is exposed to or the problems that concern the inhabitants of planet Earth, we live in one society and on one planet and we cannot ignore what is happening around us because it will affect us in one way or another in a way Direct or indirect, I remember my father was always following the weather news and I used to tell him why you follow the weather news with all this anxiety and you are not a farmer and you do not own any land, he used to tell me if it rains it will be good for everyone and if it does not fall it will be bad for everyone, This is a very simple example that shows that we should care about what is going on around us even if we have no direct relationship with it.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 588
May 02, 2022, 11:42:10 PM
A very simple question.

Should I, as a citizen, be concerned about what's happening to the world? I know I don't feel right when I ignore society's problems as I might have my rights infringed. But, I look around some of my people who're ignorant and they seem happy. Is this constant concern beneficial, after all?

Being ignorant about the issues that a society is currently facing, for me is not a bless at all. As a part of the global community it still affects us in many ways and without knowing it is a complete disaster.  Taking the responsibility is what actually more of a bless. as we are doing our part in preserving a better future for the next generations (including our children's future). Tho, it is really difficult to lead other people to do something which is "right now" not yet affecting their daily lives but it should not also mean we stop contributing for the improvement of our society.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 584
You own the pen
May 02, 2022, 11:14:43 PM
A very simple question.

Ignorance of certain things is a blessing because you are just covering yourself from getting some problems that you might not get if you are ignorant of them. For example, the people out there that don't know about social media and stuff like it, don't need to look for money to spend on their internet provider rather they can spend that money on something more beneficial. Other stuff like how is the celebrity behave even though they are not doing any praiseworthy things, people always followed their footsteps but an ignorant person still has the values thought at school which make him blessed from the other crazy people who are dancing in the middle of the road because of so-called trend.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 2160
Professional Community manager
May 02, 2022, 04:45:00 PM
I believe you meant "bliss" in the topic title and not bless.

Should I, as a citizen, be concerned about what's happening to the world?
Do you only express concern about the situation in the world or actually take actions (no matter how small) to try and solve them?
If it's the former, then you could as well just maintain ignorance, but if you actually contribute to try to make the world better, then you are indirectly helping out someone and creating a healthier ecosystem.
World policies and activities affects everyone irrespective of whether you are aware of them, ignoring the problems would only make them larger until they would have to be noticed.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 6415
Farewell, Leo
May 02, 2022, 04:15:51 PM
A very simple question.

Pages:
Jump to: