Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it a good idea to buy Bitcoin now at $29? - page 3. (Read 10662 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
February 25, 2013, 02:11:35 PM
But once we build a huge downward momentum, somebody comes in, buys 20 BTC and the rally reignites!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2130
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
February 25, 2013, 02:06:32 PM
Watching that downward momentum build and build...

Where??

Irony, possibly sarcasm.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 502
February 25, 2013, 02:01:49 PM
your response is ignoring entirely the context of my post.

first, channels are not definitive. it 'tested' the support at $27, but recovered quickly, unlike his time around.

second, i'm not saying that there won't be an upside breakout of this particular triangle consolidation. no one can predict price movements with 100% accuracy.

now, let's look at the context:

lol.
Bears still have shitty arguments! Bears simply have nothing other than "yo this is a bubble because it was a bubble bubble bubblespeak bubble."
Maxing out technical indicators means jack shit in a deep bull trend, which Bitcoin is undergoing.

tell me more about this deep bull trend.

hint: indicators give you insight as to how 'deep' it really is. i saw the rally losing steam before the price tested the bottom support. it's finally broken through. good luck bulls.

the indicators are still saying reversal territory. you can follow along in my analysis thread here. i actually predicted the first testing of the support i outlined above in that very thread, and the 'deep bull trend' which has been going on since $14 is clearly losing steam. i was pointing out to humanitee that indicators are important, and helped predict the weakening of the trend, which leaves it vulnerable to the coming correction of this large price movement.

in other words, he claimed all is well in the rally, so my indicators are worthless. i countered with a chart demonstrating how the price momentum is falling off in the short-term. if in the mid-term (uninterrupted rally from $14 to $30) we are aching for a correction, then when price falters in the short-term it is a significant risk.

I have been busy and hadn't noticed you responded.

Time will prove one of us right! I've been talking to a lot of people about Bitcoin lately (more so than in the past) and they are loving the concept. Hopefully we have more than just one Bitcoin evangelist.

Have a good day.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
February 25, 2013, 01:22:10 PM
Above silver and below an all time high. The perfect place to stay for a while attracting attention.

I'm also extremely short, hoping for a flash dump.

Activity: 215
Merit: 100
February 25, 2013, 01:16:01 PM

Where??
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 2130
1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k
February 25, 2013, 01:13:46 PM
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
February 25, 2013, 12:48:03 PM
Alright, back from the weekend and ready to watch the correction intensify.

Welcome back.

I have important question. Did we seen top for this year?

Probably.  Hard to imagine buying past the recent 2013 high.  We're very likely in correction territory.  Probably just need one more large player to made the change definitive, and then we'll see the herd race each other to the door.  We could still very easily see single digits as downward momentum builds.

Maybe people are reluctant to buy over this new high, but why do they need to race each other to the door? Yes, there may be some people in that catogory, but at this stage bitcoin only represent a small portion of most people's asset and they probably have a lot patient than you thought.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010
Borsche
February 25, 2013, 12:37:53 PM
we will only see single digits once bitcoin is officially split into satoshis.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
February 25, 2013, 12:16:13 PM

Welcome back.

Probably.  Hard to imagine buying past the recent 2013 high.  We're very likely in correction territory.  Probably just need one more large player to made the change definitive, and then we'll see the herd race each other to the door.  We could still very easily see single digits as downward momentum builds.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Enabling the maximal migration
February 25, 2013, 10:43:09 AM

Thank you for the rocket confirmation, lol
Activity: 602
Merit: 508
Firstbits: 1waspoza
February 25, 2013, 10:35:13 AM

Welcome back.

donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
February 25, 2013, 09:44:13 AM

Yes, the correction is surely coming, since none of my friends anymore has bitcoins, and we want to buy more.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
February 25, 2013, 08:31:22 AM
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
February 25, 2013, 03:59:51 AM
lol.
Bears still have shitty arguments! Bears simply have nothing other than "yo this is a bubble because it was a bubble bubble bubblespeak bubble."
Maxing out technical indicators means jack shit in a deep bull trend, which Bitcoin is undergoing.

I became even more bullish when I saw cypher was getting avalons (Shocked).

How did you come up with that lower channel line? It has 0 touchpoints.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
February 25, 2013, 01:43:47 AM
think of all the people sitting on stacks of 10k bitcoins ...
have no reason to sell, for what ? have other incomes too ...
Activity: 448
this statement is false
February 24, 2013, 11:35:28 PM
your response is ignoring entirely the context of my post.

first, channels are not definitive. it 'tested' the support at $27, but recovered quickly, unlike his time around.

second, i'm not saying that there won't be an upside breakout of this particular triangle consolidation. no one can predict price movements with 100% accuracy.

now, let's look at the context:

lol.

hint: indicators give you insight as to how 'deep' it really is. i saw the rally losing steam before the price tested the bottom support. it's finally broken through. good luck bulls.

the indicators are still saying reversal territory. you can follow along in my analysis thread here. i actually predicted the first testing of the support i outlined above in that very thread, and the 'deep bull trend' which has been going on since $14 is clearly losing steam. i was pointing out to humanitee that indicators are important, and helped predict the weakening of the trend, which leaves it vulnerable to the coming correction of this large price movement.

in other words, he claimed all is well in the rally, so my indicators are worthless. i countered with a chart demonstrating how the price momentum is falling off in the short-term. if in the mid-term (uninterrupted rally from $14 to $30) we are aching for a correction, then when price falters in the short-term it is a significant risk.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
February 24, 2013, 11:01:57 PM

That chart starts at $20, and its linear. This rally started at least as far back as $14! And use log scale, we're still in the channel..

so your channel is better than my channel? these lines are arbitrary [read: not scale-invariant]. my chart simply shows that short-term momentum is sagging and we are now consolidating.

edit: also, look closer, it's actually a log chart. you really know what you're doing. Tongue

Ah, you're right, it is a log chart. And so what if short-term momentum is sagging/consolidating around $30-$32. We saw the same thing around $20-$22, which your channel conveniently excludes.

Your channel is biased, it already broke below around $27. You can draw a triangle there too and then see how it continued upward.
Activity: 448
this statement is false
February 24, 2013, 10:20:54 PM

That chart starts at $20, and its linear. This rally started at least as far back as $14! And use log scale, we're still in the channel..

so your channel is better than my channel? these lines are arbitrary [read: not scale-invariant]. my chart simply shows that short-term momentum is sagging and we are now consolidating.

edit: also, look closer, it's actually a log chart. you really know what you're doing. Tongue
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1001
rippleFanatic
February 24, 2013, 10:08:16 PM

Activity: 294
February 24, 2013, 09:51:10 PM
I can't help but think of those handfuls of people who were mining bitcoin since 2010 and beyond. Raking in thousands upon thousands of bitcoins per month if not per week. I can't help but think of all the people sitting on stacks of 10k bitcoins spread out through different wallets........ I bet the biggest hoarders of bitcoin could keep the price below 30 dollars for years if they started selling now.
Pages:
Jump to: