Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it a sin to gamble? - page 47. (Read 31218 times)

Activity: 288
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 06, 2016, 02:07:17 PM
Gambling itself is not a sin, for me that once who play this game will make a sin if they have  a dirty moves when they play. It is really depend on a person who is playing but for me gambling itself is not a sin. It is always your choice to gamble.
That is also what im thinking too, gambling is not a sin the player itself become a sinner when they started to do a bad things like stealing or become irresposible person for his/her family because of addiction.
gambling is a sin and yes the player is a sinner in most of the religions, in my opinion because of that people should be really careful about playing gambling games
it depends on what is your religion, i am pretty sure that it is not a sin sometimes though to be honest that is just my opinion and nothing else
Activity: 1400
Merit: 571
September 06, 2016, 11:27:08 AM
For me, yes it is a sin. Because the bible says that if there's a money involve in the game it means it is gambling and it is one of the don'ts in the bible. Most of the people have destroyed their lives, family and the worst of all is their own self just to stay in that gambling life that we all know that will lead us in the dark side of or life because we're gonna steal, rob, or kill just to have money for gambling. That's why I'm thinking why most of the people are in it totally. Most of them gave their own life just to pay for their debt in gambling, sometimes they've even sell their own skin for it. So, why to gamble if it's not gonna take you to what you really wanna go in your life?, why not to find a descent job and live peacefully without thinking anything about debts?. I hope it makes sense, though it's just my own opinion for gambling.
Activity: 336
September 06, 2016, 10:36:08 AM
Is gambling OK? Don't bet it! There's not an easy or instantly obvious proof text answer to that question.

Yes! my friend! its okay for those people who enjoyed gambling they are spending their money on games its very okay if you're rich and have plenty of money to spare well its a sin btw, because you're playing money for nothing and it has greed for more money envy because if someone wins you envy them and you want to win a lot of money to make a pleasure for yourself that's my idea or theory Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
September 06, 2016, 06:18:27 AM
Whether something is a sin or not is solely between you and your god.
My take on this has been consistent in that if it doesn't hurt anyone and everyone is doing it of their own free will, then it is fine and not at all sinful

Why does it always need to be with religion, seriously? Because really, as long as you are doing good and not doing something wrong at the expense of others, you are good to go. However, to each, his own like what most people do; it's your preferences that shape you and it is those that you follow after all. For me, it (gambling) is not wrong in any way as it helps feed people who work in the industry and serves as amusement for people who find it amusing. The only thing wrong are people who does wrong things for gambling, and not the industry as a whole.
Activity: 756
Merit: 520
September 06, 2016, 05:54:38 AM
My take on this has been consistent in that if it doesn't hurt anyone and everyone is doing it of their own free will, then it is fine and not at all sinful
I completely agree with you man, we cannot generally say that gambling is a sin because it all depends on a certain gambler how he reacts after he gambles, the act is not a sin but if you will not manage your self carefully you will be having a sin and not gambling.

you are so wrong ", the Islamic religion very vehemently opposed to gambling and the religion of islam outlawed gambling. Because islam has strong evidence that everyone who does gambling will certainly have the feeling that is not healthy. They're always greedy and think about its own interests. So we must be subject to the rules of the religion we believe in and do not put forward the ego
Activity: 952
Merit: 500
September 06, 2016, 05:20:27 AM
I completely agree with you man, we cannot generally say that gambling is a sin because it all depends on a certain gambler how he reacts after he gambles, the act is not a sin but if you will not manage your self carefully you will be having a sin and not gambling.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
September 06, 2016, 05:15:52 AM
Activity: 826
Merit: 105
September 01, 2016, 12:25:16 PM
I think that gambling is ok unless you are addicted to gambling
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
September 01, 2016, 12:03:08 PM
The answer to this question would depend on what religion do you belong. I belong to Christianity and there's nothing about gambling that was mentioned in the 10 commandments. I haven't read the Bible so I don't know if it was mentioned somewhere there. Anyway, the society has accepted gambling and it seems like a normal thing now. I don't think that the majority of people are considering that gambling is a sin.
Activity: 448
September 01, 2016, 11:32:14 AM
Gambling itself is not a sin, for me that once who play this game will make a sin if they have  a dirty moves when they play. It is really depend on a person who is playing but for me gambling itself is not a sin. It is always your choice to gamble.
That is also what im thinking too, gambling is not a sin the player itself become a sinner when they started to do a bad things like stealing or become irresposible person for his/her family because of addiction.
gambling is a sin and yes the player is a sinner in most of the religions, in my opinion because of that people should be really careful about playing gambling games

I dont agree! imo it's not a sin just if you have a family to take care of and your spending everything on that little last chance to win. At that point your addicted and hurting you and the people around you. But gambling within reason is not a sin, it's like playing any other game..
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
September 01, 2016, 10:44:26 AM
Activity: 756
Merit: 520
September 01, 2016, 10:32:44 AM
I'm sure every religion forbid gamble and it's a sin. But it's better to not think about sin on gambling, just do gambling and don't ever think about sin, because on gambling you always think about profit

Only money is the religion in gambling so that is true if any person can make some good amount than it's normal thing for it, but who are on losing streak they have totally different views about gambling, I also will do agree with you gambling is sin in every religion but people still very active on gambling sites just to make some money for them.

I agree with you. For all gambling we do will definitely make us get enough bad sin in islam. Gambling is not something that is good for us to seek profit, gambling is only done when we just want to get pleasure. Self control is something very major things we avoid to avoid addiction. Because of our addiction certainly will experience huge losses
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
September 01, 2016, 09:46:22 AM
I'm sure every religion forbid gamble and it's a sin. But it's better to not think about sin on gambling, just do gambling and don't ever think about sin, because on gambling you always think about profit

Only money is the religion in gambling so that is true if any person can make some good amount than it's normal thing for it, but who are on losing streak they have totally different views about gambling, I also will do agree with you gambling is sin in every religion but people still very active on gambling sites just to make some money for them.
Activity: 434
September 01, 2016, 09:15:12 AM
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001
September 01, 2016, 06:12:07 AM

I think if the player still can responsible for the result, it will be okay, gambling is a form of game entertainment, so if you play for fun i think its is not a sin, gambling become a sin when they hurt someone because of gambling, like after they lose gambling they go to steal, or because of gambling the family become poor and have nothing to eat
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048
September 01, 2016, 05:17:24 AM
It is upto the players who are gambling, we cannot tell whether it is sin or not to gamble, In my opinion what ever you are doing even if gambling , if you feel sin then better to leave it , but if you are comfortable with it. Then don't worry about others.
yes if the person who gamble are have a bad in doing religious thing , i guess they will never care whether it is a sin or not , as long as by gambling makes you happy and get money.

only those people who half religious and half bad having a hard time to think is gambling sin or ot!
Activity: 3010
Merit: 629
September 01, 2016, 04:35:02 AM
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Stronger
September 01, 2016, 03:59:52 AM
Is gambling ok?

Maybe yaah as long as you don't steal you funds Smiley
Its ok to play and gamble Smiley
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
September 01, 2016, 03:53:35 AM
Regardless of whether it's a sin or not, gambling is not a way to make quick money like some people in this thread are saying. Gambling is rather a way to lose money quick.

I think people who are saying "yeah I know it's a sin but I gamble nevertheless because I need money" don't know what they are talking about.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1065
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
September 01, 2016, 03:40:29 AM
It is upto the players who are gambling, we cannot tell whether it is sin or not to gamble, In my opinion what ever you are doing even if gambling , if you feel sin then better to leave it , but if you are comfortable with it. Then don't worry about others.

And if a gambler will reached to the point that they will turned to a different person because of chasing the loss in gambling, that is totally a sin in the eye of every person.

Gambling itself is not a sin because that is for entertainment purposes. If people will fall to the negative side of it, then that is really a different story.
Pages:
Jump to: