Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it a sin to gamble? - page 6. (Read 31218 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 105
December 06, 2017, 08:36:27 PM
Gamblung will become a sin if the gambler played for profits and become greedy for money. But if to gambler justbto be entertained and to justbto chill from a busy day from work then i don't think that it is a sin. It will always be depend on the intentions of a person.
Activity: 196
Merit: 121
December 06, 2017, 06:44:30 PM
Is gambling OK? Don't bet it! There's not an easy or instantly obvious proof text answer to that question.
Of course, it's not a sin if you do not take money from the family and do not deprive your child of simple things. After all, your conscience must definitely wake up, and so there is extra waste, personally your business.

Yes. I also do believe that gambing is not a sin. Gambling is a mere form of entertainment where in you place some of your money at stake. Sometimes you gain from it, sometimes you lose. But in the end, its just a way of spending your free time. I believe that people must keep this in mind and must not let themselves dwell on the idea that gambling is a form of income generator. Moreover, gambling is not a sin. What's important for this is moderation, as long as we know when to play and when to stop, everything must shall be just fine.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1280
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
December 06, 2017, 04:56:47 PM
Whether gambling is a sin depends on your own morals. For me I see nothing wrong with gambling I gamble for fun not profit. I can see how some cultures can see gambling as a sin as there are problems associated with it that can affect people and the people about them.

That's true it depends on how you'll take things deep or light. When we gamble and we don't intend to hurt other feelings then that is just fine and you are not robbing others money then that's going to be a good thing as a gambler.
Considering gambling itself for those people who believe it is a sin because it feel like robbing money from other people.
I mean you take the other people money when you wager and won it as in the other side there is someone who lost at the same time.
If you don't believe in that kind thought and just feel it fine then it is okay.

It is not robbing, because people were not forced to bet on the gambling platform.  If you define the terms it is far from playing and losing in gambling unless the gambling site is not fair.  As of winning in gambling, the pot money is already owned by the host so technically it is not taking other people's money without their consent and it is called winning the money since you wager and  had been lucky to win.
Activity: 2520
Merit: 568
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
December 06, 2017, 02:11:10 PM
Many people view gambling as harmless fun, as long as it is practiced legally. Some forms of legalized gambling, such as government-sponsored lotteries, generate revenue for programs that benefit the public.
Only those people that doesn't gamble tend to see gambling is a harmful thing. And for us who are gambling and does know the risk that we do for doing it, we see it as harmless fun. As an open minded person I don't see any reason to describe gambling as such thing for committing you a sin not unless you are sure of what you do and aware of the possible return that it can give to you, just don't commit crime when you want to gamble.
Activity: 224
Merit: 11
December 06, 2017, 11:21:44 AM
Is gambling OK? Don't bet it! There's not an easy or instantly obvious proof text answer to that question.

Interesting question  Undecided . For my own opinion, gambling is ok, as long as you don't have any wrong doings or you don't harm other person. It is never a sin. Some people are doing gambling just for their leisure time or just hobby only.
Activity: 182
Merit: 147
December 06, 2017, 10:56:03 AM
Gambling is not a sin. It can become a sin however, when you lose yourself in the gambling and start to neglect yourself or the people around you.

Gambling, as long as you can control it, is just fun. The chance of winning big is what attracts everybody and makes them come back.

I couldn't agree more with NorrisK. Gambling is a form of entertainment and I think that if you know how to limit and control yourself, gambling will not turn into sin. I guess gambling will be a way of "sinning" (if there's such word) if your action leads to greed and selfishness in the name of gambling. These actions may also result to addiction, causing you to lose yourself and values in the process. When people start to be dependent on gambling for easy money, then I think that's a sin since their mentality is about having everything come easily.
Activity: 378
Merit: 55
Be Good to me!
December 06, 2017, 10:12:43 AM

For me yes, it's a sin to gamble because every gambler has the attitude of being greedy. Because  every gambler wants to win the game and even if you win you want all or plenty money  will you get. While your winning you're greedy to win more, want more or get all. Gambling is a part of being greedy because money of others in the gambling site is you want to get it. It's like you want to get what others who owned already. Because money in gambling is money of all people loser. That's all I know why gambling is sin because you focus on the money of losers and you want to have it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
December 06, 2017, 09:49:01 AM

In my own perception gambling is not a sin its only an entertainment to refresh yourself,it is a kind of relaxiation in your mind to free from worry and recreation yourself awareness.the only sin if you gambling with cheat in your bet,or your behavior of how to handle in gambling by making debt even if you have no more money or asset,or maybe you betting all your properties to gain your loss and that is what we could a sin.
In some religion gambling is consider as a sin, So it will be consider as sin if you even playing it for entertainment or enjoyment. If you are putting money there then you are comitting a sin. But still in some religions it is not consider as a sin. In my religion gambling is consider as a sin.

If its considered as a sin by your religion's standards, then don't gamble. Of course for most people, religion weighs a lot more than their vices and its better even if your religion prohibits you from gambling. It saves you from the demise it will bring financially
To me gambling is always a sin because in my religion gambling is a sin. Many people know gambling is a sin but they do not want to gamble as a sin because they say gambling is just entertainment. That's their choice, everyone has their own choices and gets their own consequences.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
December 06, 2017, 08:20:18 AM
Many people view gambling as harmless fun, as long as it is practiced legally. Some forms of legalized gambling, such as government-sponsored lotteries, generate revenue for programs that benefit the public.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
December 05, 2017, 08:40:38 AM
I think gambling is not a sin as long as you won't commit against the law. As long as you are not cheating or hurt someone. As long as gambling for you is just for fun and as long as you can handle or control yourself, your emotion, and your attitude.
According to some religion gambling is a sin, no doubt about that, while other are not considering it as a sin. In  some states it is also illegal to play gambling.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
December 05, 2017, 05:17:48 AM
I think gambling is not a sin as long as you won't commit against the law. As long as you are not cheating or hurt someone. As long as gambling for you is just for fun and as long as you can handle or control yourself, your emotion, and your attitude.
Activity: 3024
Merit: 680
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
December 05, 2017, 05:09:35 AM
Whether gambling is a sin depends on your own morals. For me I see nothing wrong with gambling I gamble for fun not profit. I can see how some cultures can see gambling as a sin as there are problems associated with it that can affect people and the people about them.

That's true it depends on how you'll take things deep or light. When we gamble and we don't intend to hurt other feelings then that is just fine and you are not robbing others money then that's going to be a good thing as a gambler.
Considering gambling itself for those people who believe it is a sin because it feel like robbing money from other people.
I mean you take the other people money when you wager and won it as in the other side there is someone who lost at the same time.
If you don't believe in that kind thought and just feel it fine then it is okay.
That's by far in my understanding when you believe that you are robbing from others money just because you are gambling?
It's quite different feeling that when you gamble you had to think that way, I believe that there might be people who are thinking that way but they are few.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
December 03, 2017, 06:38:00 PM

In my own perception gambling is not a sin its only an entertainment to refresh yourself,it is a kind of relaxiation in your mind to free from worry and recreation yourself awareness.the only sin if you gambling with cheat in your bet,or your behavior of how to handle in gambling by making debt even if you have no more money or asset,or maybe you betting all your properties to gain your loss and that is what we could a sin.
In some religion gambling is consider as a sin, So it will be consider as sin if you even playing it for entertainment or enjoyment. If you are putting money there then you are comitting a sin. But still in some religions it is not consider as a sin. In my religion gambling is consider as a sin.

If its considered as a sin by your religion's standards, then don't gamble. Of course for most people, religion weighs a lot more than their vices and its better even if your religion prohibits you from gambling. It saves you from the demise it will bring financially

We generally need to define sin before we can be able to answer this question in the right perspective but anyway i agree with you that religion can help save many from gambling  ion the first place by frowning on it as a sin.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
December 03, 2017, 11:49:18 AM

Activity: 546
Merit: 100
December 02, 2017, 07:58:18 PM
So let's rephrase this question.

Does the omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient deity think it is wrong for you to gamble, despite predestining it via his omniscience, allowing it despite his omnipotence, and observing it via his omnipresence?

A being you think created the universe, wove the fabric of space and time, and wrote the cosmic laws which govern the universe..... You want to know whether such an entity cares about what you do with your money?

What a ridiculous question.
Well, i think that is such a simple questions that needs a simple kind of explanation. looking out if it is sin maybe it barely have both side of view, a sin from peoples law and a sin from god therefore if the government doesn't allow that kind of gambling then it obviously you have committed a sin againts the law of land. Speaking of a sin to God then maybe there is no sin to gamble unless you cheat and make everyone suffers because of your greed to gamble.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
December 02, 2017, 06:53:54 PM

Activity: 1036
Merit: 332
DMs have been disabled. I am busy.
December 02, 2017, 05:59:36 PM
So let's rephrase this question.

Does the omnipotent, omnipresent, omniscient deity think it is wrong for you to gamble, despite predestining it via his omniscience, allowing it despite his omnipotence, and observing it via his omnipresence?

A being you think created the universe, wove the fabric of space and time, and wrote the cosmic laws which govern the universe..... You want to know whether such an entity cares about what you do with your money?

What a ridiculous question.
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001
December 02, 2017, 05:53:15 PM

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
December 02, 2017, 11:29:15 AM
If that's the actual purpose then I can agree with you that gambling is not a sin, sometimes families use this habits as a bonding activity
I seen some father and son played together inside a cockpit arena enjoying shooting with their fighting cock, well its really the countries
culture and how a person treated gambling.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
DONATION SENPAI PLEASE <3 <3
December 02, 2017, 10:58:10 AM

Gambling is not a sin that's because gambling is an entertainment that lets people have fun and enjoy themselves, people think gambling is a sin and its not okay that's because they always think that gambling and greed are the same things. Greed is a sin which people thinks that every time you gamble you are doing a sin, but it doesn't work like that some people just gamble for fun or for entertainment. They don't associate it with bad things or do bad things that's because they are just trying to have fun. Greed is the on to blame on because sometimes people get too cocky and when they win they will play more and more until they will lose all of their winnings, that's greed and people should understand that.
Pages:
Jump to: