Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it a sin to gamble? - page 10. (Read 31218 times)

Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
October 17, 2017, 04:44:19 AM
Is gambling OK? Don't bet it! There's not an easy or instantly obvious proof text answer to that question.

I think so. As a catholic, we are taught that gambling is definitely not good. It embodies two capital sins which are greed and sloth. Sloth because you think money is easy earn without hard work and greed because you never want to stop playing.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 17, 2017, 04:35:14 AM
It depends. If you play gamble for purely entertainment, it's not. But if because of gambling you are forced to do sinful things, then it is considered as a sin. I've heard many stories will do anything so just they can gamble without being aware that they are commiting sins because of it.
Activity: 2926
Merit: 636
October 16, 2017, 07:39:05 PM
Do you know what is sin?
It is sin to wear ICO signature knowing it is possible scam and saying gambling is sin because your religion told you so.
LOL! some don't really bother checking the project they are promoting, as long as they see an attractive bounty they will wear signature without hesitation which is not good for the community as we are support to help investors and gamblers put in a legitimate business. On the other hard, in terms of religion, I guess that would only based on our belief if it's a sin or not, even if your religion will told you it's a sin to gamble but there are people who still gamble and even feel it's just more on entertainment and not a big sin.
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 2272
October 16, 2017, 04:31:26 PM
Do you know what is sin?
It is sin to wear ICO signature knowing it is possible scam and saying gambling is sin because your religion told you so.
Activity: 756
Merit: 253
October 16, 2017, 01:04:39 AM
Perhaps religion considers gambling a sin, but for me it's just entertainment that helps to relax after a hard day's work, but on condition that I set a limit so as not to lose all the money.
that's really true, if in my religion I certainly believe that gambling is illegal and is not allowed by the Shari'a syariat of religion

Well it is up to you if you would be willing to sin against your religion(whatever that may be), or hold yourself and battle your own greed.

Well can someone define what the OP means by "sin"? That way we'd be able to put the discussion in the right perspective because sin can vary from race to religion to a whole lot of other areas and so the right standard should be set for us all to answer this question.
Activity: 812
Merit: 510
October 15, 2017, 05:13:15 PM
Every day every man make a sins gamble is sin like every other,i think its not Ok but if i see what is people do kill each other for stupide things,gambling is ok.
you are right gambling can't be controlled weather you are committing  a sin or not there is no way one can control gambling. this is surely not a good sign also weather it's a sin or not you shouldn't gamble it only drains your money never gives you profit
Activity: 1764
Merit: 373
<------
October 15, 2017, 07:32:10 AM
Perhaps religion considers gambling a sin, but for me it's just entertainment that helps to relax after a hard day's work, but on condition that I set a limit so as not to lose all the money.
that's really true, if in my religion I certainly believe that gambling is illegal and is not allowed by the Shari'a syariat of religion

Well it is up to you if you would be willing to sin against your religion(whatever that may be), or hold yourself and battle your own greed.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 501
October 15, 2017, 07:17:58 AM
I have never collapsed that in our culture gambling was a sin. Perhaps other nations think so, but we play all who want to get pleasure or profit from it.
Some countries maybe gambling is a sin for them, and some religions but we cannot blame them, because we all don't know the story behind of it. But most of us believes that gambling is not a sin, gambling will never be a sin but the person who plays it will make a possibility to have a sin because of it. Especially if that person is too addicted in gambling.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 260
October 15, 2017, 06:52:28 AM
I think gambling is a sin on all religion, but no one care about that nowdays.

According to my religion , hurting people (or anyone including animal) is the only sin. So there is no rule about gambling . My opinion is that, if you feel offended or a sinner then don't gamble else it will hurt you mentally . 
Activity: 574
Merit: 503
October 15, 2017, 05:03:57 AM
Sin about religion. For Muslims, gambling includes sinful deeds. However, it depends on each individual. Because, i see adherents any religion ever have gambling.
If you are talking on religion aspects the it is really a sin but as being said it would really depend on a certain individual if he would treat gambling as a pure entertainment not on money making which would really lead on being greedy which we do know that it is one of the deadliest sin. Gambling isnt a sin but the effects would really be considered as one.

The conclusion I think is, if doing the things that have been determined as sin then we can not escape from the sin, so if your religion states that gambling is a sin then you will sin if gambling. But the decision to keep gambling or not, it is still you who determine because only you will get that sin. And if according to your religion gambling is not a sin, then you can gamble freely.
Activity: 392
October 15, 2017, 03:04:06 AM
I think gambling is a sin on all religion, but no one care about that nowdays.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
October 15, 2017, 03:03:35 AM
If you ever feel that you are guilty on what you did because of gambling like hurting your family because they want you to stop from gambling or you fool people so you can borrow a huge money from them, then yes it is a sin.

That's a sign of addiction, not a sin. You can only call it a sin when you are following a particular religion and worshiping your God.

In my opinion it is not a sin but the effect of it is not good for you and sooner or later to those who are near you. Following too much scriptures will lead you to confusion and later on, your moral compass.
Activity: 546
October 15, 2017, 02:57:01 AM
If you ever feel that you are guilty on what you did because of gambling like hurting your family because they want you to stop from gambling or you fool people so you can borrow a huge money from them, then yes it is a sin.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 202
OrangeFren.com
October 14, 2017, 07:00:10 PM
gambling in the eye of god it is a sin god encourage everyone do not attempt to get rich fast gambling definitely focus in love money people want to get rich quick int the bible saying that gambling is sin but i can't remember what verse is it in the bble.
Activity: 2996
Merit: 609
October 14, 2017, 04:56:00 PM
Sin about religion. For Muslims, gambling includes sinful deeds. However, it depends on each individual. Because, i see adherents any religion ever have gambling.
If you are talking on religion aspects the it is really a sin but as being said it would really depend on a certain individual if he would treat gambling as a pure entertainment not on money making which would really lead on being greedy which we do know that it is one of the deadliest sin. Gambling isnt a sin but the effects would really be considered as one.
Activity: 93
Merit: 10
October 14, 2017, 04:36:04 PM
This question is only for people that are into the spiritual side. Sin is described as an act that doesn’t conform to a certain law more specificly a spiritual law. So there is no definitive answer to this question as it would really depend on someones spiriual belief. People that is not into the spiritual side would just care about going big or going broke.
Activity: 392
October 14, 2017, 03:40:59 PM
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
October 14, 2017, 03:27:15 PM
legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 2272
October 14, 2017, 02:29:31 PM
Islam and Christianity prohibits it and these two religions have the most believers.
Firearms are used to kill people.
I don't see them saying wearing firearms is a sin.
Bible warns about the love of money because it considers it a root to all kind of evils and gambling triggers money love.
My priest says it is sin to love money, still he is driving better car than I do. Guess who loves money - don't let religion brainwash your mind.
I also consider it a sin because it has destroyed lives of many people.
How many lives have been destroyed because of "religion" wars?
Activity: 303
Merit: 250
October 14, 2017, 06:06:48 AM

Is not a sin but it is all based on your family situation.Because the gambling is mostly makes losers than winners the winning chance in gambling is very thin so if you are wealthy person you don't have to worry about it but if you mainly based on your earning then it is not advisable to invest it into gambling.
Pages:
Jump to: