Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it a sin to gamble? - page 61. (Read 31218 times)

Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
May 18, 2016, 03:20:40 PM
Gambling is not a sin until everything is within the limit. When it crosses the limit few users due to addiction eventually try to sell their properties or belongings and involve in gambling. This eventually turns gambling as a sin.
legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1004
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
May 18, 2016, 01:35:41 PM
No, of course not. If it's your money you can spend it whatever way you want. If you want to gamble you can gamble. Nobody have right to judge you. It may be illegal in your jurisdiction but that's another subject. There's no sin like gambling in my holy book.
believe me it is a sin. even all religions have already explained about it. it all depends on your opinion, but if you're a religious you must know this. try to find it in the book that you believe in, maybe you'll get a clue, but once again, it all depends on your beliefs, I can not force you to believe
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
May 18, 2016, 01:11:54 PM
Is gambling OK? Don't bet it! There's not an easy or instantly obvious proof text answer to that question.
It is up to you if you want to gamble so you want to gamble, the choice is up to you. Some people find it wrong to gamble but that is there opinion and do not let that be part of your decisions.

You are right about that, its your own choice if you want to do this, I consider gambling not a as a sin.
Another thing is also that it depends on how you look at it in my eyes.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
May 18, 2016, 10:49:56 AM
Is gambling OK? Don't bet it! There's not an easy or instantly obvious proof text answer to that question.
It is up to you if you want to gamble so you want to gamble, the choice is up to you. Some people find it wrong to gamble but that is there opinion and do not let that be part of your decisions.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
May 18, 2016, 10:44:43 AM
No, of course not. If it's your money you can spend it whatever way you want. If you want to gamble you can gamble. Nobody have right to judge you. It may be illegal in your jurisdiction but that's another subject. There's no sin like gambling in my holy book.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002
May 18, 2016, 10:41:43 AM
Gamble is not a sin, it is just a form of entertainment. However, anything when done in extreme will be negative. So must learn how to control yourself when in gamble.
Activity: 336
Bravity is beautiful.
May 18, 2016, 09:59:13 AM
I agree with another poster that said the love of money is the sin.  Gambling itself may not actually be a sin but we have to be careful not to get addicted to it.

Loving money is not a sin. It is the real motivation why people work so hard for it. And with money, you can reward yourself with what you want. So that is nothing wrong with it if you earn it the right way.
In the most cases it will be sin to gamble and that is because the chance to lose is much higher and that can be bad if you cant control yourself so that is bad.
But the chance is high that you can lose a lot of money with it but it is hard to know what will happen.
Activity: 891
May 14, 2016, 07:40:56 PM
Its not a sin unless you lose yourself gambling and start loving money more than people around you. Only then will it become a sin but as far as the Bible goes God never mentioned it being a sin to gamble.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
May 14, 2016, 07:36:27 PM
What if someone was gambling for a greater cause, like a charity lol.

Then would you label it as a sin? the whole choice concept - is if the person is really religious in their background.

Just like in anything in life, "too much" of something is bad.
Activity: 714
May 14, 2016, 05:34:14 PM
I would say gambling isn't a sin, if you gamble for fun and not to make money like some people do. Otherwise, it would be bad and I would maybe consider it a sin. Still very hard to say though.

It can be bad if you don't watch your steps but a sin? No not for me although I know some religions consider it as a sin, but society doesn't.
People should be able to make their own decisions when it comes down to their own money.
Activity: 92
Merit: 10
May 14, 2016, 05:07:15 PM
I would say gambling isn't a sin, if you gamble for fun and not to make money like some people do. Otherwise, it would be bad and I would maybe consider it a sin. Still very hard to say though.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
May 14, 2016, 03:56:52 PM
I agree with another poster that said the love of money is the sin.  Gambling itself may not actually be a sin but we have to be careful not to get addicted to it.

Loving money is not a sin. It is the real motivation why people work so hard for it. And with money, you can reward yourself with what you want. So that is nothing wrong with it if you earn it the right way.

Yeah, it totally depends on what we do to get those money, is it a good or bad way. Since I think gambling is not a bad way, then we couldn't say that gambling is a sin, but in case your motivation in gambling is not to become rich. Just considerate the profit money as the bonus, and I can guarantee it won't ruin your life Wink
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1016
May 13, 2016, 12:56:05 PM

Activity: 378
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
May 13, 2016, 12:49:13 PM
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
May 13, 2016, 10:55:05 AM
It has nothing to do with sin. It is just dumb. Investment requires skills, knowledge, preparation. You can gain those in time by working.

Gambling takes no skills. If i were a lucky man then i would have born in a rich family from the beginning.
legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1125
May 13, 2016, 10:44:11 AM
Gambling is absolutely a sin. It's quite obvious because it is fun to sin, and it is fun to gamble. Therefore gambling is awesome.
I always get fun every time I playing video game, but no one say it is a sin. Gambling is totally a sin if only the gamblers doing any wrong things like scamming other people, betting the amount of money they can't afford, shouting or swearing if they lose, ruining their life, etc.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
May 13, 2016, 10:04:13 AM
Gambling is absolutely a sin. It's quite obvious because it is fun to sin, and it is fun to gamble. Therefore gambling is awesome.
legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1188
May 13, 2016, 08:38:54 AM
It will be only sin if you are losing to much money with it and that is because there are still a lot of people that is addicted to it and can be bad for the most.
Because they even be poor of it and that is bad for the most people if they cant stop gambling.
Yes, and on his money, his wife and childrens have the right, and when he go to lose it on gambling then he deny his family from that right, so in this sense we can say that yes gambling is a sin, because denying someone right is a sin.
Activity: 350
May 13, 2016, 03:42:37 AM
I believe that it should be your own choice of you want to gamble or not. it is your life and you should decide what you are going to do with it.

that gambling is a sin, it is in the book at all agamar, but it's your choice if you still want to play

Book at all agamar? What kind of books is that, and what is agamar? Never heard this kind of book before, could you please tell us more about it?
Well, it's a book that is in my hometown, it explains about things that should not be done. therein is said that gambling is something that is forbidden, so I conclude it to be like that. Well, basically gambling is a game that could lead to sin, so do not even try if you have never played
In the most cases it is sin to gamble because people will get addicted to it because they think that they can earn some money with it but they are losing more money than the win actually so that is bad.
You have to be really lucky if you want to earn profit with it and that happens not often in gambling.
Activity: 560
Merit: 100
May 12, 2016, 04:27:08 AM
My momma said : gamble is a sin if you lose, If you win let's continue with your luck  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: