Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it a waste of time mentioning Bitcoin to friends and family? - page 10. (Read 14644 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
I do not think it is a waste of time. It might be a hit and miss but I think it is important to give bitcoin as much exposure as possible.

It is not a waste of time if the information is delivered in proper way, and I feel if your friends and family likes innovative ideas then they would definitely try new things, and for them bitcoins is new so basically depends on how they view at the new technology and ready to accept it or not in the long run.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Friends - mentioned it on some friends, two got interested and now involving themselves in bitcoin.

Family - my brother started noticing that I always buy new things for myself such as a new phone for me and my girl but he doesn't see any cash on me. He found out about my bitcoins and started gaining interest on it. Even my parents want to know more about it after I mentioned how much my hodlings are worth in our currency.

In my experience, to get people interested: hand some major news about bitcoin and show them the current exchange rate on your own currency. You'll see that it will get them hooked. Wink
legendary
Activity: 2294
Merit: 1182
Now the money is free, and so the people will be
I don't really bother anymore. The few people I mentioned it too looked at me like I had invested in a floppy disk manufacturer.

hahahahahah man I gave some dogecoin wallets to my brothers, they were never used....On the other hand, one of my friends work at Cisco, and he didnt really care for btc, didnt understand really, but now hes really interested in the blockchain and all that, so thats good.  it takes time.
legendary
Activity: 1134
I have considered telling my family and some of my friends about Bitcoin but whenever I've tried, they fail to understand why it does have value and why it is extremely important specially in the current socioeconomic context.. they don't get it and see it as something really strange. Needless to say I wouldn't tell them to put any money on it. In a way it feels like im keeping something amazing to myself, but at the same time, I don't want to put people into the pressure of holding through rallies long term because most people aren't cut for that.

How to introduce Bitcoin to absolutely clueless people and is there even a point? Should we just let time pass and wait for them to naturally learn about it once it goes more mainstream?

The part in bold ca be partially right, according to me, if the people seems to not be interested to know or have to do with bitcoin. Push over some limits give the opposite effect. So better let things go on their way. Anyhow there are behaviors that can be made indirectly and that can give inputs about bitcoin to everyone. For example one of these can be the told of various curiosity which have to do with bitcoin. There are several of those that can be read in various online sites. Speak about those as a curiosity and not as something related with bitcoin can make the people interested even for the subject of the curiosity. One of them for example may be the register of the name of new born baby at the blockchain from the father. This is a very strange thing that can attract the attention of most people and make them curious how is possible this. So here it is the open road to speak about bitcoin and make the other part interested about it. If possible and if the attraction is in the needed "amount".
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Recently I tried once to explain to my family what bitcoin is so in generally they do understand what it is ( a digital currency) but not more any further details as they do not understand what network hash is etc..
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
I do not think it is a waste of time. It might be a hit and miss but I think it is important to give bitcoin as much exposure as possible.
Activity: 533
I think any word of mouth is good even to anyone including family and friends. Free publicity is good publicity.

Yes and mouth publicity is the biggest publicity, if people hears something positive their perception towards that particular thing also gets positive, and ofcourse vice-versa So if we present bitcoins to them in a positive way then definitely they would try bitcoins atleast once and once they are in, I bet they would never leave bitcoins in future.
Activity: 588
I think any word of mouth is good even to anyone including family and friends. Free publicity is good publicity.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
I don't really bother anymore. The few people I mentioned it too looked at me like I had invested in a floppy disk manufacturer.
Activity: 700
It's a conversation point for relatives on Thanksgiving,
Example: So what have you been doing lately
You know Bitcoin.
(Whats That)
Insert explanation
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Definitely no,, because bitcoin gives you money that is need in our daily life.
exactly
no harm in introducing a cool new currency to new people! it is beneficial for us all!
Activity: 532
you dont need said like that,its never useless when you tell your friend or family about bitcoin,its not wasting your time.
maybe your knowledge or your way to mentioning bitcoin to them,still not good..just try different way to mentioning them about bitcoin.
one of that it,show them what can bitcoin do,for payment or commodities.
legendary
Activity: 1192
Merit: 1001
Chinese translator
Maybe yes, some people who couldn't understand the Bitcoin technology to distinguish Bitcoin from other fade digital currency, these people might think that you're doing a pyramid sale.
Activity: 938
Yeah, I've told all of my friends about bitcoin, but guess? There is no one interested in Bitcoin, and I already told them that Bitcoin has many useful feature.

The problem we are facing is that no one wants to learn something new, they all are busy in their jobs and now they are used to that routine and boring life, so they don't wish to change their attitude and wants to get carried away with the same situation, but I am very much sure they would definitely regret in the future.
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
In XEM we trust
Yeah, I've told all of my friends about bitcoin, but guess? There is no one interested in Bitcoin, and I already told them that Bitcoin has many useful feature.
You guys have to serve the information so, that they would seem to be interested. The main problem I see is that people serve the idea of a bitcoin so that the server would profit from the idea more than the one who the idea is served to. You need to serve the idea of a bitcoin so, that they would profit from it more than you do.
Activity: 560
The friend that know bitcoin one of them doesnt know speak and even understand english soo he avoid join something that hasnt its native language,the other one loves to play a game soo he has no time to search about bitcoin and to start earn some and even invest .
Activity: 826
Merit: 263
legendary
Activity: 2632
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management

I would rather learn them themselves about bitcoin than wasting my time and energy.People will not understand the importance of bitcoin unless they have some bad experience with fiat.
True but the general public don't even know about Bitcoin at all. If you mention Bitcoin to them frequent enough with the low transfer fees and the near instant speed, they may keep it in their mind and give it a try after they realise the cons of fiat. If you don't, they would think that fiat is the only legit way and continue to use it.
Yes you are right we can tell them the benefits of bitcoin but they will actually start using bitcoin when they can spend them where they usually spend fiat.For example my nephew buys a lots of stuffs from online shops but none of reputed local online ecommerce website accepts bitcoin so despite its all benefits,my nephew is not interested in switching over to bitcoin.I think we need more and more merchants to accept bitcoin for bitcoin to become mainstream.Take my example, I didn't know about skills money processor until I visited dynadot domain registrar and found skrill as payment method besides PayPal and CC.Out of curiosity I searched for skrill and found it better than PayPal.Needless to mention I immediately started using skrills.Now I use PayPal only if skrills payment option is not available with merchant.Bitcoin can become more popular if reputed merchants star accepting it then you and I dont need to spread the word anymore
Activity: 924
Talk about it as it is another topic on the dinnertable, that's it. It's a waste of time talking to people about many things anyway
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1087
Of course it is not waste of time. The more people know about bitcoin the more successful it will be. It is really that simple.

Even if they know bit coin exist will they be interested in it? It is better if you introduce bit coin properly and make them know
On how to earn and if it will be profitable and not wasting their time. Many people give up bit coin because of long process
Of earning big bucks. Just let them know that it will be worth the time.
Pages:
Jump to: