Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 328. (Read 1181210 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
November 06, 2016, 08:31:01 AM
before I was afraid to take risks and just kept the money in the bank. But then I realized that the money should not just lie. After all, in which case they are depreciated. Then I started to invest in various projects. It brings me a profit.

Thanks that you are also into investing. Only few people are doing investing,it seems all is consuming. Investing is a good way to your financial freedom with the help of investment instruments available on the market. Be it in stocks or other paper assets,insurances or traditional business. Good luck.

Investing is really good for us and this is the one of the best way to earn more money aside from your job. But it's also important to save your money.. just in case you need it for emergency then there's a cash that you can take out from your pocket.
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
November 06, 2016, 07:11:17 AM
before I was afraid to take risks and just kept the money in the bank. But then I realized that the money should not just lie. After all, in which case they are depreciated. Then I started to invest in various projects. It brings me a profit.

Though investing is good because that can make you able to increase the money you have which involves risk too, but saving is not bad as well, so someone should invest money into good projects and then save some portion of profits he gets from those investments.

I think both are important and necessary to have a good balance in life, investments will grow our money in long run and saving can take care of us in emergency situations and you cannot invest your money without saving first, so basically saving is primary and investment is secondary.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 505
Backed.Finance
November 06, 2016, 06:51:16 AM

Thanks that you are also into investing. Only few people are doing investing,it seems all is consuming. Investing is a good way to your financial freedom with the help of investment instruments available on the market. Be it in stocks or other paper assets,insurances or traditional business. Good luck.
Activity: 756
November 06, 2016, 06:34:35 AM

Though investing is good because that can make you able to increase the money you have which involves risk too, but saving is not bad as well, so someone should invest money into good projects and then save some portion of profits he gets from those investments.
Activity: 462
https://saturn.black
November 06, 2016, 06:05:21 AM
Activity: 812
November 06, 2016, 05:56:52 AM
It's hard to say which is more important, both are required. But if you ask me, I would say that having savings is more important, given the fact that having savings you can handle your expenses and even invest.
right by doing and making a financial management, then you can make a plan to save the good, with it then you know the money left over you can use it for investment,
Yes, making a financial plan well it would be very helpful. If we have a financial plan and run it well then we would know the remaining money to use investment. Saving money and investing, both very necessary and very important. Saving money for saving and investing for profit. So if both are done well it will be a good financial management.
Activity: 420
November 06, 2016, 02:26:43 AM
It's hard to say which is more important, both are required. But if you ask me, I would say that having savings is more important, given the fact that having savings you can handle your expenses and even invest.
right by doing and making a financial management, then you can make a plan to save the good, with it then you know the money left over you can use it for investment,
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
November 06, 2016, 02:08:24 AM
When I was a child, I have always wanted to save money. I used to minimize my expenses so I can save and use it during emergencies. But, as I grow old what my goal is always to invest 30% and save 70%. Investing is good but you also need to save money. Don't invest all what you have.
If you did that you won't have money left for your daily expenses which you need if you are independent that is ,  I would suggest that you calculate your daily expense for the month and subtract it for your month's worth of salary before dividing what is left for saving and investing. Also I would recommend 60-40 split with what is left of your salary 60% goes to Investing and 40% goes to Savings, As saving your money in the bank is for emergency purposes only as they don't really earn anything.
STT
legendary
Activity: 4046
Merit: 1447
Catalog Websites
November 06, 2016, 02:03:18 AM
Nothing wrong with choosing a good manager though I think most people prefer to just use trackers as the fees are so low.

The government hasnt really given any option to save currency normally, interest rates are below inflation which is why bitcoin and almost every other avenue is doing so well.   There is a very strange dynamic going on there which has not been true any other time in history, I think we will see big things happen eventually and saving will return but until then...
Activity: 490
Merit: 520
November 06, 2016, 01:58:06 AM
The answer is a question of feeling...
I have  296 members on my U2 system and so many strategies...
some prefer saving on their btc wallet and some prefer re-invest earning...
Who is right?
Future will tell us...

Yeah it depends on the person's ability to handle their money. Some are more effective when investing, while some who are not that keen in making decisions with investments are better off saving
Those who aren't effective when it comes to saving should get someone else to do their investing for them. Either an ETF or a mutual fund, something to get them to earn an additional amount of money through whatever. Saving just lets their currency devalue at half the rate it normally would otherwise.
Activity: 770
Merit: 253
November 06, 2016, 12:53:55 AM
When I was a child, I have always wanted to save money. I used to minimize my expenses so I can save and use it during emergencies. But, as I grow old what my goal is always to invest 30% and save 70%. Investing is good but you also need to save money. Don't invest all what you have.
Activity: 518
November 06, 2016, 12:39:28 AM
The answer is a question of feeling...
I have  296 members on my U2 system and so many strategies...
some prefer saving on their btc wallet and some prefer re-invest earning...
Who is right?
Future will tell us...

Yeah it depends on the person's ability to handle their money. Some are more effective when investing, while some who are not that keen in making decisions with investments are better off saving
Yeah I think it could also be one of the reasons if your ability in selecting potential investment is good enough it will be good if you do a re-investing. but there are other reasons, such as if you do not need a lot of money again, because you already have a lot of money then it would be better if you prioritize saving than investing
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
November 06, 2016, 12:35:26 AM
I think that both can be good but right now investing is good due to the fact that at the end of this year it will go to a high amount without any doubts.
I think that the bitcoin has a great future to be honest.

Well i had thinking before that savings were the best way, as the bitcoin would get bigger value and you wouldnt risk your bitcoins, but the last threads i had read, bankroll are giving big returns to their supporters, and looks like the earnings are stable, soo its an investment without almost no risk at all.
there's still a risk mate because if whales accomplish to bankrupt your house your money will disappear as well so better to make a hard research before investing and make sure its a high rated house but its also another source investing btc to grow.
Activity: 216
Merit: 105
November 05, 2016, 09:54:36 PM
"He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life." - Muhammad Ali
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
November 05, 2016, 09:16:58 PM
I think that both can be good but right now investing is good due to the fact that at the end of this year it will go to a high amount without any doubts.

Well i had thinking before that savings were the best way, as the bitcoin would get bigger value and you wouldnt risk your bitcoins, but the last threads i had read, bankroll are giving big returns to their supporters, and looks like the earnings are stable, soo its an investment without almost no risk at all.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
November 05, 2016, 07:42:16 PM
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
November 05, 2016, 07:24:42 PM

You got it, both of them are important and needed. Because you can't even invest if you don't have savings and what you are going to do with your profit if you are not going to save it or unless you will invest it again. But I'm a bit more focus with saving because I used to save daily and I just wanted to be always in safe haven.
much better to atleast put some inside investment like trading or lending its also a good ways to grow your savings just needs to get some knowledge about whatever investment you are going to enter.
Along with saving I suggest for trading like you but I do not prefer to start lending money as investment as the profit from lending is much lesser and that is a risk as then it will be harder to get back from the person if he will not have any source for to provide us back our money and he can also default.
I think its more sure that you can make a good profit in lending than trading if you are just newbie in trading and you dont know how to choose what altcoin is the best to invest you can not make a good amount instead your will lose.. so lending is a good investment just always ask for a collatera that high for borrowed loan..
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
November 05, 2016, 07:17:54 PM

You got it, both of them are important and needed. Because you can't even invest if you don't have savings and what you are going to do with your profit if you are not going to save it or unless you will invest it again. But I'm a bit more focus with saving because I used to save daily and I just wanted to be always in safe haven.
Actually you can, but you have to borrow money from a lender or most likely in a bank and I say your investment venture is riskier as you need to pay the bank as well for the principal and interest and if you investment will not succeed, that would be a big problem I guess.
But borrowing money in order to invest in something you are not sure is going to come to fruition is not a good idea because of you fail then you will be in an even worst position than before.
Activity: 672
November 05, 2016, 06:34:37 PM

much better to atleast put some inside investment like trading or lending its also a good ways to grow your savings just needs to get some knowledge about whatever investment you are going to enter.
Along with saving I suggest for trading like you but I do not prefer to start lending money as investment as the profit from lending is much lesser and that is a risk as then it will be harder to get back from the person if he will not have any source for to provide us back our money and he can also default.
legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
November 04, 2016, 05:47:49 AM
both are required.

Yep. In case your investment doesn't work out as planned, you will have your savings to fall back on. Never go all in.

But if you ask me, I would say that having savings is more important, given the fact that having savings you can handle your expenses and even invest.

Savings are a very important aspect, but not the main aspect. Especially when you consider that fiat is only losing its value. The longer you hold it, the more value it will lose. That's why investing your money is a very essential part where you can avoid seeing the wealth that you worked your entire life for, is slowly vanishing into hot air. The ratio should be 50% savings, and 50% investments. At least, that's a rule I am working with.

Trading is at all times the best option because everything that happens, happens because you do it. You are responsible for every action. That's not the case when you invest your coins elsewhere. You then depend on what the other party is doing with your coins.

Lending however is not really an interesting market. Especially when you consider how crowded it is. It's a good thing for people looking for loans as the interest rates are fairly low, but if you calculate the time-effort-risk ratio, then it's by far not worth it.
Jump to: