Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it college worth it? - page 5. (Read 16955 times)

Activity: 495
Merit: 10
December 24, 2018, 01:53:09 PM
Very worthy.  Knowledge is priceless.  Although many people can be successful without going to college, but for the majority, the connections and education you get from attending a university will be invaluable in life. 
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
December 24, 2018, 12:22:23 PM
cool forum, really very interesting topic
Activity: 197
Merit: 3
September 22, 2018, 12:19:07 AM
It totally depends on why you decide to go to college. If it's clear enough for YOU, it's worth it. If not, there are also plenty of other options.
Activity: 140
Merit: 5
September 21, 2018, 09:31:54 AM
This is really risky to answer because it might cause someone a lot of debt or regret. Degrees are great if you plan to be working in the corporate world. It's just a necessity for those who are just starting. When you already have your foot in the corporate world then the degree will have lesser value and it will then depend on your work experience. As for crypto, it depends on what your guts tell you. It is really hard to judge if we are talking about years.
Activity: 19
September 06, 2018, 03:03:22 AM
Personally, I will keep my coins before take-off, in order to make a profit and in the future earn my own money on real estate, travel, and education of my children
Activity: 462
Merit: 2
September 05, 2018, 04:59:40 PM
I was watching a video "Is it college worth it?" and meanwhile I was thinking about that:

Would you advice a teenager to spend 50k/100k in education or would you advice him to buy bitcoin or alt coin and hold them for 3/5 years?

You don't need an angel from heaven to tell you whether college is worth it, no matter what education is still the best legacy. Come to think of it without education, what do you think would have been your knowledge and understanding on cryptocurrency.
September 05, 2018, 03:56:26 PM
It depends on your dreams and goals. If you want to be a surgeon you must go to college. If you want to be an entrepreneur you don't necessarily need to go to college. You could spend those money to get the proper education from all kind of courses and even launch a business.
So do a map with the starting point being where you are and the lifestyle you want to achieve being the end point. If you need college to arrive at your end goal, than yes, it is worth it.
I have been following this topic and I just love your own concept about it. School should not be condemned straight away. Although school is not the ladder to success it is a step on the ladder and if you think you can get the future you so want you can skip that step if not its better you go to school.
Activity: 21
September 04, 2018, 01:37:14 PM
I was watching a video "Is it college worth it?" and meanwhile I was thinking about that:

Would you advice a teenager to spend 50k/100k in education or would you advice him to buy bitcoin or alt coin and hold them for 3/5 years?
Difficult question indeed.
If you SURELY KNOW what you want to do right now - after the school - and you really have possibilities to do it and it in fuiture should bring you funds for surviving - you can try to skeep college. If you don't have that - go to the college.
Activity: 28
Merit: 10
September 04, 2018, 01:13:24 PM
It depends on your dreams and goals. If you want to be a surgeon you must go to college. If you want to be an entrepreneur you don't necessarily need to go to college. You could spend those money to get the proper education from all kind of courses and even launch a business.
So do a map with the starting point being where you are and the lifestyle you want to achieve being the end point. If you need college to arrive at your end goal, than yes, it is worth it.
September 04, 2018, 01:12:03 PM
College can be a complete waste of time and it can be the best moment of your life depending on your reason for going there. School teaches your, or better still make you, employable in the future. School also make you meet new people and get new ideas. So it is up to you to decide what you want.
You might want to take a look at this video from Prince EA Why do you go to school?
https://youtu.be/_PsLRgEYf9E
Activity: 31
Merit: 1
September 04, 2018, 12:43:14 PM

Education is always better for a kid and being rich is great but not everything
Activity: 30
August 21, 2018, 12:14:35 AM
I feel worthy, because the importance of education and goals for the future are better, and easy to find work. Smiley
Activity: 98
July 28, 2018, 01:45:30 PM

Education is crucial. Info about crypto is misleading, more people lose money than the ones that make some profit. Education leads to better paid and stable jobs. It broadens your horizons and it changes your points of view. You meet many smart and interesting young people and you can make friends that will be successful in the future and not some random bums. It's very important who your friends are, if they are intelligent and successful you'll have an incentive to be better and if they're underachievers you probably won't reach your potential. It's not all about money.

Let's see.  Go to school and accumulate a large debt so you can work your entire life to pay it off?  Sounds like a great idea.  The other option is to stop with your materialistic cravings and be free.   

Go to Europe, they have pretty good and very chep universities. For 2-5k/year you can have a masters degree in anything. That's just 10-25k and it's less than price of a good car.
Activity: 28
July 28, 2018, 01:34:34 PM
I strongly believe that education is a must. It must be something pursued, and there's no loss in this pursuit. I believe Horace Mann when he said, "Education is a great equalizer." Even if you are not born with a golden spoon in your mouth, you can still reach for the stars through education. However, you can both study and trade. You can use trading as a source of resources to pay for your schooling, but never, never, never trade education with anything. Everybody in the cryptoworld knows that cryptotrading is uncertain, as it exists in the digital realm, and nothing physical regulates it. So when all else fail, you'll still have a fallback--your education degree.
Activity: 48
July 28, 2018, 01:06:30 PM
sure i think college is worth it. Not all get the chance to do online business. To them it is.
Activity: 84
July 28, 2018, 11:50:40 AM
I think it's worth it because lectures learning to explore your potential and your skills.
copper member
Activity: 63
July 28, 2018, 11:04:41 AM
College is worth it, but not for education.
Its for finding A FEW good people, like one or two  Grin
Activity: 30
July 28, 2018, 10:06:47 AM
Definitely worth it, you will meet more people and they will change how the way you think..And I think getting knowledge from college is the most important part.
Activity: 92
July 28, 2018, 10:04:40 AM

Obviously i advice them to spend their money to education. Without education, you will having hard time to find job.
Investing is only side job, because risk from it is big and mostly you just sit without doing anything, for me doing it is very boring.
And how can teenager have money to investing in bitcoin if they not working first, having monthly income is important before investing.
Maybe if you spend that much money on the right cryptocurrency you don't need a job at all.
Activity: 14
July 28, 2018, 10:03:46 AM
Worth for me...I think knowledge is important but some would prefer working/real life experience.
Pages:
Jump to: