Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it ethical to have robots sell coins to humans that don't know its a robot? - page 2. (Read 226 times)

legendary
Activity: 2520
Merit: 3238
The Stone the masons rejected was the cornerstone.

At the moment...my job has not been threatened to be replaced by AI. But who knows...someday I can see that it might and will.

So speaking from an employees point of view...I do hope not. If I was the employer and looking to save money, then AI would be the way to go if the company is to save money...At the end of the day, lots of these businesses I think don't give a damn except for their bottom line.

Have we reached that stage with AI to be better or equivalent to a human, I cant really say as I have no way in knowing.

Are we headed that way...I think we are....scary indeed lots of ways. Lots of pros and cons.

I would suggest you read this book recommended to me by Lesbo in 2017...Our Final Invention: Artificial Intelligence and the End of the Human Era

https://www.amazon.com/Our-Final-Invention-Artificial-Intelligence/dp/0312622376

It opened up my eyes years ago....I am excited about the possibilities of what AI can deliver...but yet at the same time...the possible dark side as well.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 3596
If there is profit to be made, ethics become less important.
Why employ a human when robots don't call in sick, take vacations/lunch breaks and can work 24/7 without hesitation.

Entire industries will transform into human-free work environments with the rise if ChatGPT/AI,etc

-Soon there will be no truck drivers/taxi drivers.... self-driving cars
-Soon there will be no warehouse workers.... thanks Bezos
-Soon there will be no fast-food workers.... thanks Frybot
-Soon there will be no hotel staff.... robot maids/self-check-in
-Soon there will be no farmers... AI can do it better
-Soon there will be no actors/singers/movie stars... all replace by AI

And why are the only things that have gotten bigger/better/cheaper with technology are televisions? Huh
Activity: 1098
Merit: 534
Hey Everyone,

I work for a telemarketing coin company that specializes in gold, silver, and other precious metals in all shapes and sizes. Recently my boss has employed Chat GPT to be utilized within our internal systems to make our jobs easier for coin research, script writing, as an assistant, email checking, basically for whatever I want that can help me in my sales efforts. This has been extremely helpful for developing great pitches on limited or one of a kind coins to be used as a reference as needed, seeing as he has many of those types for sale and oftentimes it can be difficult to make someone understand the true uniqueness and rare qualities that make something a great growth asset, that is, something that someone will buy in the hopes that it appreciates in value. I have to always be thinking out of the box because you cannot legally say the word "investment" over the phone for direct consumer telemarketing sales unless you hold a Series 7 license, which I do not. Anyhow this tech has been really helpful in the writing of the pitches that I use only for eye reference when I am literally in the middle of a call with a prospect, or need to answer some question from a numismatic perspective on the fly, etc. Pretty cool fun toy, most sales professionals today don't have this, yet. But I do, and i'm loving it and honestly Chat GPT is so flipping cool!!!!

Anyways, my boss's vision is to utilize the tech to help us sell gold and silver coins via telemarketing, but honestly he has not held back in telling us that these robots can and will replace our jobs if we are not in the top 10% of all the employees lol. This is the stat we are all seeing, and frankly my boss isn't the only one looking at this, I feel like any good company would and should be looking into how this can benefit your business by generating higher profits, but these higher profits come at a cost, and honestly are they even ethical? I mean he isn't the first person to have this idea, this is already literally being done and i've received numerous calls. The tech just isn't there yet, we can detect when a robot is calling us. His intentions with this technology have been made known, and he is working with the AI to literally be used to become the new "account opener" for those not in sales this is simply any new business development. Opening new accounts open new profit funnels to new prospects through qualified paid leads, at least that is how he does it. In this case it is for high value, graded, rare coins. I mean it is literally man vs machine now I feel like, and I have been thinking this or some time. It is scary and weird, but also slightly cool still I guess IDK LOL. A lot of jobs are at risk here. Its not a matter of if but when.

In my opinion you can never replace the pure genuine qualities that only a human can possess. The ability to react with true emotion and feeling and express that in a form of gratitude or empathy towards another and fully understand, based off of their stimulus to you their emotional state and form an appropriate, and true response. This isn't just for sales but any job that needs to be replaced by some mindless and feelingless electric being that is both systematically created and computationally exact. I mean that is valuable but I honestly can foresee a future where these jobs have been replaced but after all is said and done I feel that some companies and people will literally pay a fee to get the human interaction, to get something real and genuine. After all, who can create a meaning relationship with a robot that can take a client golfing or treat out to dinner when conducting such business? This is only a mere example and sort of a niche one at that but you get my point. These are very odd times, indeed.

Can't wait to get some feedback on all this. Okay so the breakdown and what I would love feedback on recap: What do you think of using chat GPT for business and also for phone sales, is it ethical if the end prospect doesn't know they are a robot? Also, will robots replace human jobs to the point that it will put entire industry class professionals out of business? Do you think that the human emotional connection can be replaced by robots?
Pages:
Jump to: