Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it good or bad that Core development is virtually controlled by one company? - page 6. (Read 8152 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115
We argued last summer that this will happen, and we were right, with core being proven wrong. Core at the time publicly stated that once blocks are full we can have an emergency hardfork. Well, blocks are now full, and Classic proposes the emergency hardfork. Yet core continues to refuse because they want a settlement system, but we, the users, the companies, the wallet developers, the most senior core devs such as Gavin and Jeff, reject the settlement system.

https://medium.com/@Aquentys/on-the-theology-of-hardforks-312ab2f0ca9b#.d121nwxds
staff
Activity: 4200
Merit: 8441
transaction fee's do not need to be a revenue stream for atleast 2 decades
On one hand, you're saying that Bitcoin is fine even with the rewards being 64 times lower (that is what it is roughly 20 years from now.).. and yet you also think that 75% of the hashrate can force people into accepting rule changes.

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
51% is explicitly defined as consensus

The myth that a supermajority is needed needs to be dispelled.

The consensus mechanism was defined like it is to *exactly* deal with the situation where there is contention. Let hashrate decide.

If some people want to try and undermine this by trying to trick miners into following different chains, let them do so now. Let them reveal their hand. Then we can see who is truly being 'irresponsible', and who is truly 'trying to destroy bitcoin'.

Where is 51% defined as consensus?  The whitepaper?  Cite please!

And you know full well much less than 51% will given time inevitably appear, due to variance, as 51%.

The consensus mechanism is designed to discourage/prevent a situation where there is contention, via the extreme penalties (ie losing all your BTC) for defecting from the socioeconomic majority.

You don't get to be privy to, much less control, the Core Defense Network and small block militia's strategy, timing, and tactics.

You only get to find out what they are in the heat of battle, as the wildfire turns your attacking fleet into ash, shipwrecks, and corpses.

Now, isn't it well past time for you to concede that XT was defeated?

We're waiting....

XT is not defeated. XT 0.11.0E is compatible with the 2 MB hard fork. Together with Classic and BU there are about 250 nodes already, vs. 150 Blockstream/PWC 0.12.0 soft fork nodes.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004
51% is explicitly defined as consensus

The myth that a supermajority is needed needs to be dispelled.

The consensus mechanism was defined like it is to *exactly* deal with the situation where there is contention. Let hashrate decide.

If some people want to try and undermine this by trying to trick miners into following different chains, let them do so now. Let them reveal their hand. Then we can see who is truly being 'irresponsible', and who is truly 'trying to destroy bitcoin'.

Where is 51% defined as consensus?  The whitepaper?  Cite please!

And you know full well much less than 51% will given time inevitably appear, due to variance, as 51%.

The consensus mechanism is designed to discourage/prevent a situation where there is contention, via the extreme penalties (ie losing all your BTC) for defecting from the socioeconomic majority.

You don't get to be privy to, much less control, the Core Defense Network and small block militia's strategy, timing, and tactics.

You only get to find out what they are in the heat of battle, as the wildfire turns your attacking fleet into ash, shipwrecks, and corpses.

Now, isn't it well past time for you to concede that XT was defeated?

We're waiting....

The 5% consensus joke is one of the dumbest you've ever made.

https://medium.com/@Aquentys/on-the-theology-of-hardforks-312ab2f0ca9b#.vcoxbjuqd
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
^^ sunnankar: please delete your post. It adds nothing but faggotry to this thread.

Not like the thoughtful and dignified post you just made.  Roll Eyes

You mean this one, made right before that faggot's gigantic Obama meme?
No, nothing like it.

OK, so I'm a newbie who has just been reading a lot and trying to understand things. So here is my opinion.

We may need 2Mb blocks, but it's not urgent, and it may be that in the future we need 4Mb or more.
Most blocks are half empty,

This is false. Here's a chart: https://blockchain.info/charts/avg-block-size (.5 is "half full")
The urgency is pretty obvious: we knew that the number of transactions was growing, infighting about blocksize started over a year ago, and the blocks are hitting the limit, and... And here ya are, and it's a beautiful day. Well. I just don't understand it.

so maybe what we really need are variable length blocks and more efficiency.

Block size is already variable, meaning that blocks with max_block_size of 1MB aren't all 1MB -- that's just the maximum size. In other words, we're not growing the blockchain by 1MB every ten minutes, regardless of the number of transactions.

There is too much "rubbish" in blocks that is not essential to money transfer - people are recording weddings for heaven sake, SigWit doesn't mean that we can't use 2Mb blocks, it just means that if we do, then the storage will be mofre efficient. Please explain to me why we can't implement SegWit in the short term. See what effect that has on transaction processing, and then decide a block size policy for the future.

SegWit won't make the storage more efficient -- it will simply separate it into two warehouses. The amount of stuff to store will be the same.
Like the 2MB blocks, SegWit isn't a permanent solution, it merely kicks the can down the road. In other words, when we hit 1.7 to 2MB blocks, we'll still need a hard fork.
legendary
Activity: 1890
Merit: 1078
Ian Knowles - CIYAM Lead Developer
and i will laugh if it turns out that its a blockstream sponsored event and you have been paid to attend, either as panelist or organiser

@franky1 - no-one has paid me one cent (from any organisation) to do with Bitcoin at all - so that isn't going to be the case.
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
Well I do applaud you for being brave enough to at least state that.

When you are closer to that time let me know.

and i will laugh if it turns out that its a blockstream sponsored event and you have been paid to attend, either as panelist or organiser
legendary
hopefully there is a hongkong bitcoin meetup in the autumn which you would attend.(2 birds one stone)

Well I do applaud you for being brave enough to at least state that.

When you are closer to that time let me know.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
^^ sunnankar: please delete your post. It adds nothing but faggotry to this thread.

Not like the thoughtful and dignified post you just made.  Roll Eyes
legendary
i have no master. but your assumption that someone can't survive and make a living without one, shows that you do have a master and that you get paid and your mind cannot cope with the thought you you being independant.
please think outside of the box you are living in

I am financially independent (which I am pretty sure you are not) so I am going to outlast you whatever happens.

Keep trying with the stupid stuff mate - everyone is seeing you're lack of intelligence.

And in case I'm wrong then why don't we organise a meetup in say Hong Kong (assuming you have funds that shouldn't be a problem for your should it)?

im going europe in the spring america in summer and thailand in autumn. i might decide to make the couple hour flight from thailand to honk kong in autumn. if there is anything more interesting then just meeting you.

hopefully there is a hongkong bitcoin meetup in the autumn which you would attend.(2 birds one stone)
legendary
i have no master. but your assumption that someone can't survive and make a living without one, shows that you do have a master and that you get paid and your mind cannot cope with the thought you you being independant.

I am financially independent (which I am pretty sure you are not) so I am going to outlast you whatever happens.

Keep trying with the stupid stuff mate - everyone is seeing you're lack of intelligence.

And in case I'm wrong then why don't we organise a meetup in say Hong Kong (assuming you have funds that shouldn't be a problem for your should it)?
legendary

You just make yourself look more and more ridiculous with every post.

Let's see how long your masters will pay you for your unsuccessful trolling attempts (their pockets are not really so deep).

legendary
see how CIYAM presumes anyone not blockstream loyal as being a gavin fanboy..

You just make yourself look more and more ridiculous with every post.

Let's see how long your masters will pay you for your unsuccessful trolling attempts (their pockets are not really so deep).
legendary

I see - so Gavin fans are also anti-gay.

Any other minorities you'd like to attack while you're at it?

see how CIYAM presumes anyone not blockstream loyal as being a gavin fanboy..

by the way a faggot is actually a scottish meatball.. but nice to see that you want to accuse non blockstreamers of being prejudice against people of differing sexual orientations..

come on mr brains. we know you and your 5 cohorts(6 total), lauda, carlton, icebreaker, to name just a few are all in the same small box

No, not really. You, for instance, are [presumably] straight.*
This doesn't mean that you're not a humungous faggot -- you are.
So now you know.

*you've mentioned a "wife" when you were blackmailing this forum, though it may be heterosexist of me to assume female. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1031
Merit: 1000
the desire for 2mb is a community need

2mb this year because the community wanted it

the whole community that wants 2mb

the community want 2mb

legendary
ill just leave this here because the blockstream fanboys delete any attempt to propose anything that is not their blind one way street roadmap

if only the (1) roadmap was more like this as the choices:

Pages:
Jump to: