Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it illegal to purchase and use the Gift Cards, ie Starbucks, Steam? - page 2. (Read 3078 times)

legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1007
Live like there is no tomorrow!
I've asked the very same question before, although it was about Amazon.com giftcards.

The reactions I had on that question, were about that if you redeemed a illegal code, the balance simply will be deducted from your balance again  - but that's it.

However, I don't want to use any of these illegal codes. Next to that, you also loose the money you paid for the illegal code. Just try to find legit codes over here. Yes, they're more expensive than fraudulent ones.
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Hi, I see that there are a lot of gift cards being sold for BTC, I can see $200 Starbucks gift card for $50 in BTC.

Not sure how they can sell at this amount, but if the cards are obtained fraudulently, and someone buy and use it,  are the buyer held reliable?
I haven't ever heard anyone getting arrested for using those cards. But you can always make up an excuse like you bought them off craigslist incase you are worried. Since so many cards are fraudulent ones, those big companies generally would likely never pursue you legally for using them.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Hi, I see that there are a lot of gift cards being sold for BTC, I can see $200 Starbucks gift card for $50 in BTC.

Not sure how they can sell at this amount, but if the cards are obtained fraudulently, and someone buy and use it,  are the buyer held reliable?
Pages:
Jump to: