Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it just me, or are most of us actually just forgetful, greedy bastards? - page 7. (Read 948 times)

legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
those looking at charts/price daily should stop seeing the information as a price.
instead if your involved in the price daily and wanting to make daily decisions/trades then see it as percentages

have some fiat and some coin
dont use it all in on go

when the price moves down by a few percent. put an order to buy some. and also then to sell som at a price a few percentage higher.

when the price moves up by a few percent. put an order to sell some. and also then to buy some at a price a few percentagee lower.

play for small percentages and repeat repeat.

again dont play your whole hoard. just look to small amounts often. small percentage amounts that you know rpeatdly move in a short time.
after a while you stop seing the price and only see it as a +/- percent vs last order
where both a +% is an oppertunity to sell for profit and a -% is a oppertunity to buy at discount for profit.

for those not intersted in day trading. but still get motional about the price. here is some simple advice
you have just admitted to yourself that you wont trade daily by reading this point.. so stop looking at the price daily, after all its not
like you going to do anything by your own admission
Activity: 84
Merit: 2
I know nothing, I'm mostly just winging it.
I know this comes of as harsh and self loathing at the very least, but I'm gonna say it. I'm greedy, I'm forgetful and I'm probably a schmuck. Now I need you to say it with me. When I mean "you" I mean any earthling born of a woman (traditional, surrogate, or one of these innovative sci-fi ways people bear children these days) who has complained or been complaining about the current price of BITCOIN and the entire crypto market in general.

I'm going to say this in as few words as possible, HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN BITCOIN'S PRICE IN 2009 THROUGH 2013, UP TO EVEN AS RECENT AS 2016? Also have you all forgotten the market cap, the lack of news worthiness of the blockchain in those days as compared to today? I'm not gonna do your homework for you all, google can provide good starting points to get those data.

My point is instead of us being greedy schmucks chasing and reading charts all day (except that's your day job then, well, I'm sorry you're not a schmuck), obsessing over price drops that quite frankly are orders of magnitude bigger than what it was years just a few years back. If you couldn't get in then to buy cheap, then don't blame the market for buying BTC at $20000. Be honest to yourself, whose fault is that?

Stop all the FUDding and especially the FOMOing, relax and accept the undeniable fact that the blockchain is an amazing tech a lot of us are privileged to have seen in their lifetime, and know that value always trumps doubt any day any time. Chill and invest in value, transparency, and an actual blockchain, then forget the noise and be glad to be alive. Its a good day to be alive!

[EDIT: August 16, 2018] English is quite funny so some words can be used quite fluidly. The "bastard" term is used as in "You lucky bastard", just in a more negative way Grin
Pages:
Jump to: