Pages:
Author

Topic: is IT MY ETHERWALLET.COM safe? - page 2. (Read 2142 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 512
October 05, 2017, 03:26:33 AM
beware of slack messages with false myetherumwallet . it end with .de
Yes some people are spreading the fishing links through slack. I do not use it anymore. bookmark each of your important accounts and check back for fishing to be well recognized.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
October 05, 2017, 02:15:09 AM
It is safe,
It is probably the best way to add token.

Important thing:
Never click any link from slack or other link to open Etherwallet.
Other link may have some fishing algo.
Be carefull.
MV7
Activity: 322
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
October 05, 2017, 01:59:59 AM
myetherwallet is probably one of the safest online wallets out there. Definitely much safer than keeping funds on an exchange
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
October 05, 2017, 01:08:40 AM
Yes. They store nothing that can access your wallet, it's all with you. That's why when you lost privatekey, etc., they can do nothing to help you take it back.

The risk is you lost the info. yourself by clicking into phishing website then enter your private info.
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
October 04, 2017, 01:38:47 PM
It's perfectly safe, as long as you never click any link to the website. Got many e-mail even today warning about a security breach, linking to myethcrwallct (note the c's instead of e's).
Activity: 155
Merit: 102
October 04, 2017, 01:26:16 PM
beware of slack messages with false myetherumwallet . it end with .de
Activity: 1428
Merit: 506
October 04, 2017, 01:21:11 PM
Myetherwallet.com very strong ,safe and top security your wallet .but there are many scammer..you always avoid the person and don,t share  your private any person .
It is safe were put all your details in a very easy way which a safe wallet. Im using this wallet so far it is safe and secured to use.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
October 04, 2017, 12:57:10 PM
I was always wondering  what  could  happen if  myetherwallet.com  website get hacked... so it's   better  to have the coins on  a   desktop wallet,  instead of  a  web wallet?
It's   a  question because  I a  little bit  afraid  of  web based  wallets

Actually, I think these are the same wallet generators. I saved the generator on a usb and used a computer I never attach to the Internet for added security to actually generate the wallet. you should write mine directly on the paper printout. Hope that helps
Activity: 336
Personal Account
October 04, 2017, 11:53:57 AM
Myetherwallet.com very strong ,safe and top security your wallet .but there are many scammer..you always avoid the person and don,t share  your private any person .
Activity: 336
October 03, 2017, 11:23:34 AM
Keep your private key and your password secure and then it is about as safe as can be. Obviously it could be hacked but you run that risk with pretty much anywhere. 99% of the time people cause their own downfalls by not being savvy.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 623
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
October 03, 2017, 11:16:05 AM
myetherwallet.com is quite safe. But be aware of fake domain names. There are tons of hacking attempt when it comes to mytherwallet. You'll get mails, slack notification etc to check you funds in wallet. Never do that. Mytherwallet never asks for anything through mails or slack. People get hack because of themselves and their stupidity. Always be cautious when it comes to your money be it exchanges or wallets.
I still not experience any issue about using myetherwallet.com.. These days we are seeing lots of fake sites right now are appearing and mostly they are advertise in adwords and bing..
If you are always check the website url you can aware if its fake or not.. So becareful of accessing website always check the url if its exact or not.  
Coinbase are good as alternative but the problem you have no control to your private keys. . so myetherwallet for me is the best wallet as of now .
Activity: 2954
Merit: 683
October 03, 2017, 11:15:40 AM
myetherwallet.com is quite safe. But be aware of fake domain names. There are tons of hacking attempt when it comes to mytherwallet. You'll get mails, slack notification etc to check you funds in wallet. Never do that. Mytherwallet never asks for anything through mails or slack. People get hack because of themselves and their stupidity. Always be cautious when it comes to your money be it exchanges or wallets.

Correct myether and coinbase are wallet which preferred by the most of the altcoin user. Whenever you log into the wallet you have to go with the perfect url and you should not google it because you may get the scam site link in that which will scratch the all eth coins from your wallet. Check the below link to know the usage.

https://myetherwallet.groovehq.com/knowledge_base/topics/how-to-securely-use-mew-myetherwallet-dot-com?from_search=true
Coinbase as an altcoin wallet? No it isnt and its not being preferred by most people knowing that it is just an exchange wallet and knowing off that they do only hold up ETH and BTC coins unlike on MEW which store ups all erc20 coins. It is actually safe as long you do keep those keys out on public i would rather using this lite version rather than on downloading all the chain on using eth mist.
Activity: 279
Merit: 254
October 03, 2017, 11:11:03 AM
Safe and works magnificently, just pay attention to malicious clones.
Activity: 448
October 03, 2017, 09:44:35 AM
If you wanna feel safe, you should use offline wallets or hardware wallets.
Anything is totally secure
Activity: 924
Merit: 512
October 03, 2017, 09:30:25 AM

Correct myether and coinbase are wallet which preferred by the most of the altcoin user. Whenever you log into the wallet you have to go with the perfect url and you should not google it because you may get the scam site link in that which will scratch the all eth coins from your wallet. Check the below link to know the usage.

https://myetherwallet.groovehq.com/knowledge_base/topics/how-to-securely-use-mew-myetherwallet-dot-com?from_search=true
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
October 03, 2017, 09:28:05 AM
It's safe as far as I know given that you don't end up on spam website. You can also purchase hardware wallet to secure your coin but I'm not sure if they support all of them.
Activity: 403
Merit: 250
Pre-sale - March 18
October 03, 2017, 09:26:25 AM
hardware wallet, example?

Ledger Nano S or Trezor.
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
October 03, 2017, 09:02:20 AM
It's always better to hold your coins in your own wallet. Myetherwallet is not %100 safe program and can be hacked. Keep your PC clean is very important. If you are too paranoid about it buy a hardware wallet.

hardware wallet, example?
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
October 03, 2017, 08:56:43 AM
I was always wondering  what  could  happen if  myetherwallet.com  website get hacked... so it's   better  to have the coins on  a   desktop wallet,  instead of  a  web wallet?
It's   a  question because  I a  little bit  afraid  of  web based  wallets

Yo have a point there.But consider tat your own laptop/destop can be hacked as well. There is alwas a flaw with any means of storing coins. Almost anyone would agree that you must hold your private keys to be safe. But the other da there was a story of a guy that destroy his papper wallet with water...
Activity: 266
October 03, 2017, 08:33:16 AM
1)You should use local wallet.
2)Download local version from GitHub.
3)Everytime chek URL address.
Pages:
Jump to: