Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it normal for ICO prices to drop once they're listed on the exchange? - page 2. (Read 811 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 100
It may be normal or not, if there is no demand for the token and if bounty hunters dump the token it could drop below ico price and also it may drop due to crashing market.
Activity: 700
Merit: 11
No its not normal at all. I remember when ETN had their ICO. There was a lot of buzz around it at the time. Many people bought into it and when it finally listed on an exchange the price went up above its initial ICO price despite speculations from some quarters that it would dump. The coin still did close to x10 (if not more than) before it started dipping as a result of the red market we've been experiencing since December.
Activity: 240
Merit: 0
It is normal for the prices to drop after being listed on exchanges because it actually takes a bit of time for the coins to gain traction and start being traded which is where the value of the coin starts from. So what you should do is hold on to your coins because your coins being listed on exchanges means that the coin is going somewhere and prices will get better.
Activity: 392
That's perfectly normal. The fact is that many ICO no one believes. Only want to earn, so buy and then sell
Activity: 406
Merit: 10
it is a normal thing if token price drop after listed on exchange.
first, investor usually bought them with bonus. and the investors sell it later with no bonus but lower price from ICO.
and if the ICO company have not launch the products of their development, the price won't rise.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
I think the founders of that ICO is not the case. As I see it, its the fault of some bounty hunters on that ICO. Thats the disadvantage, because they get lots of tokens and when it hits on the exchange, those bounty hunters only aims for a quick buck and they didnt consider the price of that token. So as an investor its a big loss. For me that I have experienced that, I am not participating in ICO. I only buy that coin when it hits on the market because I know many foolish hunters only aims for a quick buck and not the functionality of that coin.
Activity: 574
Merit: 101
Usually it is, beacause there is nothing interesting ahead. Just months, if not years of hard work from the dev team. So hodlers hodl and price doesn't do much before the team delivers some progress and news.
Activity: 8
Bounty percentage is low even with the best paid projects. 2% of total supply dumped would not make a significant price dip. The reason why some ICO prices tank after getting listed on exchanges are insitutional early investors and founders. Early whales with big bonus percentage also contribute to the fall, like people who only bought to flip.

Another reason for dips is marketing vacuum. People get whipped up by the marketing campaign during the ICO, which stops after the money is in the coffers, new supply of people that want the token dwindles and prices tank, then one big announcement and they fly. No announcements and they die.

👆The only comment that made sense.

Activity: 987
Merit: 289
Blue0x.com
     Well in my experience, I think that the reason as to why such things happens to ICOs after listing is because of the small investors in the pre-ICOs or the secret pre-ICOs on some coins which then sell their possessions when it gets to exchanges since they already see big profits and then just buy again when the prices dumps. Another reason can be the bounty hunters that sell their rewards after seeing the said tokens/coins getting listed. But that doesn't really happen to all ICOs when they get listed because some rises even more when they get to exchanges. the outcomes may really vary depending on the type of token or coin. Which is why you must learn to pick the right ones to invest in before you let go of your hard earned investing funds.
Activity: 114
Merit: 12
So it seems a lot of ICO's are running with $1 per coin during the ICO - but then dropping well below that price once they're listed on an exchange.

Is this a normal thing for an ICO at least initially while they're working on getting their project fully operational?

Are they setting the $1-$2 a coin so they can make sure they're fully funded to get the project started and on it's way vs trying to sell shares for pennies or dimes?

But why wouldn't the price of an ICO hold at what that price was?  Just because initial founders are dumping their coins to get some cash out and forcing the hand/price to go down based on supply & demand?
It is a normal trend on ICO because other investors get it with 10%-40% on pre-sale. Whales took that opportunity and sell their coin to get immediate profit and they will buy back again once the token is on the bottom. So better buy an ICO token after the hype is gone.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
To my great regret, today such statistics, indeed a lot of projects that just lose in price after the ICO, for me it is also very strange, I think that it's a matter of bonuses that developers offer investors, because all this talk about bounty hunters is not true
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
When it firstly listed on exchange bounty hunters dump them all.
thats why the price drops. but sometimes it won't happen. They are now giving bounty tokens almost 60 days after ico. So after now we will not see the same scenario again.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
Yes it is normal because most of the time when some investors get their shares once ICO ends, they sell their coins right away and pulling the price down with it. But once it has been stable for like a month or so, it slowly rises up because of the demand on the market. And they say, the bounty hunters who also gets their shares sell most of their coin too so I could just imagine the drop of price if all of them sells their coin at almost the same time.
Activity: 210
The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet
I think this is normal, because when this token ilst  on exchange, there are a lot of people selling tokens in the short term, so the imbalance between supply and demand will lead to a decrease in the short-term price of this token.
Activity: 308
Dropping the ICO prices once they're listed in any exchange are normally happened for some reasons. Most bounty hunters are selling their tokens once they received it. And the project are aware for the next step of their journey, so they were stabilizing and maintain the financial and supports of there products to develop or upgrade it, so many investors will appreciate it and try to invest for the next round.
Activity: 42
The price may increase based on the Hype they create during the ICO, as per my knowledge the price raises based on the day to day trade volumes. if the token price is high in the ICO stage say suppose 1 $, the investors maynot be ready in investing at the time of ICO, rather they try to invest as soon as the token list into an exchange. Most of the investors, who want to buy more number tokens at a lower price thinks that the people who have Free earned tokens will sell at a lower price than ICO sale, If there are less price sell orders the price of the token will be fallen down as soon as they list .
Activity: 491
Merit: 250
So it seems a lot of ICO's are running with $1 per coin during the ICO - but then dropping well below that price once they're listed on an exchange.

Is this a normal thing for an ICO at least initially while they're working on getting their project fully operational?

Are they setting the $1-$2 a coin so they can make sure they're fully funded to get the project started and on it's way vs trying to sell shares for pennies or dimes?

But why wouldn't the price of an ICO hold at what that price was?  Just because initial founders are dumping their coins to get some cash out and forcing the hand/price to go down based on supply & demand?
In most cases, the price of the token, after the ICO on cryptoexchanges falls, and this depends on many factors. For example, one of the factors of the token price fall is the sale of it by those who did not buy, but earned it as a result of the promotion of the ICO project: managers, advisors and others. If you bought a token on the ICO and saw that the price of the token falls after you go to cryptoexchange, do not panic, you'll have to wait until the project team, in which you invested your funds, begins to implement its plans according to the ICO roadmap. By keeping tokens in your hands without selling them, you keep the price of the token. This may take some time, but when the project starts to become more popular, its tokens will also go up, and the appearance of new cryptoexchanges will raise the price of the token! If you want to learn how to invest correctly in ICO, read one of my posts:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.31031323
Agreed, this is actually a very common phenomenon which we keep on experiencing most of the time as the price of the ICOs drop down at time when they are listed on the exchange and it is not an astonishing thing too. It happens because of the reason that most of the people start selling them or stop buying them which actually results in the drop of the price of the ICOs. The price goes up as well at time when the demand increases.
Activity: 476
Merit: 17

In most cases, the price of the token, after the ICO on cryptoexchanges falls, and this depends on many factors. For example, one of the factors of the token price fall is the sale of it by those who did not buy, but earned it as a result of the promotion of the ICO project: managers, advisors and others. If you bought a token on the ICO and saw that the price of the token falls after you go to cryptoexchange, do not panic, you'll have to wait until the project team, in which you invested your funds, begins to implement its plans according to the ICO roadmap. By keeping tokens in your hands without selling them, you keep the price of the token. This may take some time, but when the project starts to become more popular, its tokens will also go up, and the appearance of new cryptoexchanges will raise the price of the token! If you want to learn how to invest correctly in ICO, read one of my posts:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.31031323
Activity: 196
Standard economic theory predicts that when a monopoly ends, prices fall.

During an ICO there is a monopoly on the coin. Only the team that is running the ICO has the supply of the coin - and they can sell it at any price that they desire. They have a monopoly. And monopolists typically charge an elevated price.

As soon as it is listed on an exchange the creator of the coin no  longer has a monopoly. It is now a free market. Anyone can buy and sell. And when monopolies end prices fall. So yes this is exactly what economic theory would predict as "normal".
Activity: 168
Merit: 12
Because the bounty hunters and investors are dumping the coin as soon as they are listed in the exchange so the price drops.
Pages:
Jump to: