Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it normal for ICO prices to drop once they're listed on the exchange? - page 3. (Read 811 times)

Activity: 240
Merit: 100
So it seems a lot of ICO's are running with $1 per coin during the ICO - but then dropping well below that price once they're listed on an exchange.

Is this a normal thing for an ICO at least initially while they're working on getting their project fully operational?

Are they setting the $1-$2 a coin so they can make sure they're fully funded to get the project started and on it's way vs trying to sell shares for pennies or dimes?

But why wouldn't the price of an ICO hold at what that price was?  Just because initial founders are dumping their coins to get some cash out and forcing the hand/price to go down based on supply & demand?
Based on my experienced, ICO prices really get into dump when listed. According to my friends who are already into cryptocurrencies since then, ICO prices are normally dump into price for many reason and those are we don't really know. That was just based on our observation whenever the cryptocurrencies we are into are already listed and compared to the original price seems to be low.
Activity: 1176
Vave.com
investor might gains of detail with the intelligence as the release from the developer service to works of decision as might to put of displacement of funds with the investment projects.
coins price might grows within the schemes of ico terms to follows as might to grows on value as entering market with the exchange.

LHCrypto coin developer gives with the extent of regulation as investor gains with the guarantee to collects of minimum 20 percent returns with the one year calendar terms with the investment projects.

please visit http://lh-crypto.io for details of whitepaper with the investment projects.
Activity: 304
Merit: 105
Bounty percentage is low even with the best paid projects. 2% of total supply dumped would not make a significant price dip. The reason why some ICO prices tank after getting listed on exchanges are insitutional early investors and founders. Early whales with big bonus percentage also contribute to the fall, like people who only bought to flip.

Another reason for dips is marketing vacuum. People get whipped up by the marketing campaign during the ICO, which stops after the money is in the coffers, new supply of people that want the token dwindles and prices tank, then one big announcement and they fly. No announcements and they die.
Activity: 336
At the beginning of 2017 and earlier coins after the exchange gave rise. Now the trend has changed. But if Altcoin promising in the long term, it will still grow and give their profits to investors
Activity: 350
Merit: 108
i think the impact of ICO price decline is due to the recipient of a gift from bounties selling it immediately does not hold for a long time.
Activity: 187
Merit: 10
it's very normal for prices to drop. you'll find that most bounty holders will drop which in turn drops the price but you tend to find people that have been following the projects then buy in at low prices and look at holding longer term until the prices stabilise.

Always after completion of ICO and the release of the tokens to the exchange, their price falls sharply due to the fact that many bounty hunters sell them for quick profits. Investors then need to wait a long time when the tokens will make a profit.   

These are EXACTLY the opportunities I am looking for.  There are a handful of VR/AR related coin ICO's happening right now and I will be waiting and ready to buy them all when they drop on the exchange and hold for long term.

Thanks for the clarification guys.

Also, I need to get in on this bounty program, sounds awesome lol.  Is there a lot of "work" behind getting these free tokens?  Every ICO will have free bounty tokens?  What is usually required to acquire these freebies?

Some bounty campaigns are a piece of cake. Some just require you to follow them on their social media pages and help boost their following.
Some would require posts on blogs, referrals or translation for targeted languages.
I've seen bounties for meme designs, logo creation, bug identification, etc.

The rewards vary too.
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Yes
this is really common, because

Bounty hunters sell their tokens for any rate

People start fearing if after being listed the price don't get a pump so they sell to buy at lower rate

Price at decentralized exchange with low volume can fluctuate heavily...so it can be once 50% below ICO and at the next moment 20% above ICO
Activity: 602
Merit: 295
Hail Eris!
Yeah but if you believe in the project that is a great thing and a great time to buy.  Oyster dropped after the ICO followed by an 800% rebound before stabilizing.  Just invest and hold the coins.

I agree. If you really believe that an ICO will make it big in the crypto world before buying it then you have the reason to hold it till the end. Hope all ICO's are able to bounce back after they are released in the market.

Bounty hunters and people looking for a quick buck often dump right away also, this should be expected. 
Activity: 966
Merit: 104
Most new tokens, as soon as they hit the stock exchanges, immediately fall sharply in value. Here the same mechanism works as the bitcoyne rate increase, only to the contrary. The bitcoat rate is growing because the demand for it is sharply increasing. Here, the majority of the holders of new tokens, knowing the trend of lowering their value due to the sharply increasing supply, are trying than to quickly drop their tokens, while they have not yet fallen too far in value. A sharp drop of such a significant number of tokens immediately leads to a decrease in their value. It takes approximately 6 to 8 months, even up to a year, before these tokens begin to gain value if the project turned out to be successful. If the project is unsuccessful, not thought out and not prepared, the tokens will never increase in price.
Activity: 213
Merit: 103
Yeah but if you believe in the project that is a great thing and a great time to buy.  Oyster dropped after the ICO followed by an 800% rebound before stabilizing.  Just invest and hold the coins.

I agree. If you really believe that an ICO will make it big in the crypto world before buying it then you have the reason to hold it till the end. Hope all ICO's are able to bounce back after they are released in the market.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
It is normal if the economy of the project is not designed properly. If the founders/company tokens are not locked with controlled dilution. And if the project is not serious and not meeting the announced deadlines.
Activity: 95

Yes I completely agree and this is my plan.  Someone mentioned a 6 month window after the ICO when prices will be low - I will be buying certain coins as heavy as I can for the next 6 months.

We're just getting started ladies & gentlemen!

Activity: 602
Merit: 295
Hail Eris!
Activity: 213
Merit: 103
So it seems a lot of ICO's are running with $1 per coin during the ICO - but then dropping well below that price once they're listed on an exchange.

Is this a normal thing for an ICO at least initially while they're working on getting their project fully operational?

Are they setting the $1-$2 a coin so they can make sure they're fully funded to get the project started and on it's way vs trying to sell shares for pennies or dimes?

But why wouldn't the price of an ICO hold at what that price was?  Just because initial founders are dumping their coins to get some cash out and forcing the hand/price to go down based on supply & demand?

I haven't tried participating in ICO's yet but I am a bit exposed since a friend recently participated on Electroneum's ICO which got a problem on their security after the ICO so all has been locked down and they weren't able to access their tokens. After the issues were solve and the website was launched again a lot of investors withdrawn their token that caused the price to go down. Can't really blame the investors as their trust for the company was tainted.

Anyway, yes. It is really normal for ICO's to drop price because some investors prefers to profit in an instant rather than hold so most often they dump these tokens when it's available to trade in exchangers.
Activity: 322
Merit: 54
Consensus is Constitution
The more concentrated coins are in a few hands, the higher the risk of dumps lowering price.  If each person only owns 1% or less of the total amount of coins, the risk of a dump are very low.
Activity: 286
Cryptics
It's not normal ofcourse but it become a common situation nowdays. The project collect too much money or they are oversold that make it hard to create a demand on the exchange after launch. It's a different situation to stocks because at crypto most people only want to go short and they don't want to hold for a long time so the supply always bigger.
Activity: 910
Merit: 252
Yes it’s true because of some factors it’s really depends on project even much successful projects on 2017 the coins price was very less once it hit to exchanges .Reason I observed
1) There will be short term investors who will take profit once hit to market.
2) presale investors who will be selling bonus coins initially
3) bounty hunter selling their coins or token to get wages for their work .
If you really believe in any project atleast wait for 6 months then see the magic.

Activity: 95
it's very normal for prices to drop. you'll find that most bounty holders will drop which in turn drops the price but you tend to find people that have been following the projects then buy in at low prices and look at holding longer term until the prices stabilise.

Always after completion of ICO and the release of the tokens to the exchange, their price falls sharply due to the fact that many bounty hunters sell them for quick profits. Investors then need to wait a long time when the tokens will make a profit.   

These are EXACTLY the opportunities I am looking for.  There are a handful of VR/AR related coin ICO's happening right now and I will be waiting and ready to buy them all when they drop on the exchange and hold for long term.

Thanks for the clarification guys.

Also, I need to get in on this bounty program, sounds awesome lol.  Is there a lot of "work" behind getting these free tokens?  Every ICO will have free bounty tokens?  What is usually required to acquire these freebies?
Activity: 546
Activity: 251
Merit: 101
The all bounty hunters sell coin after they listing on exchange, but have some examples were coin was up, for example Cindicator

Of course, not ALL the bounty hunters sell their rewards, but it is normal situationn when prise drops for some tima right after the ICO, and if the project itself is good, I think it`s good time to buy the coins cheaper than ICO price
Pages:
Jump to: