Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it okay to go on as a member without caring so much about merits? - page 2. (Read 379 times)

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 3134
₿uy / $ell
Is it possible to continue as a bitcointalk member even without trying too hard to achieve a single merit?
This is what the forum is all about, I've said it many times. Don't chase the merit, just post when you feel you have something to say, not because you are pushed to post by the sig. campaign rules. Then you don't have to worry about the merit, and it will come eventually Smiley

Does the merit have anything to do with trust ratings?

No, trust is only market-related and you build it only based on your training history. There are some exceptions too, like bad behaviour not moderated by the forum staff sometimes lead to a negative trust from the Default Trust Member (DTs), those are scams, merit abuse, asking for loan without collateral, cheating on bounties with alt accounts, etc
Activity: 196
Merit: 4
I understand the importance of merits, but for a bitcoin user who does not really need signatures at the bottom of their profiles, should merits still matter? Is it possible to continue as a bitcointalk member even without trying too hard to achieve a single merit? Does the merit have anything to do with trust ratings? If you ask then what is the purpose of joining here, my answer would be because I would really like to learn about bitcoin and the crypto world so that I could buy bitcoins and altcoins. Thanks! I hope you can enlighten me.
Pages:
Jump to: