Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it possible that bitcoin will become unaffordable to use for micropayments? - page 4. (Read 14207 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
www.bitcointrading.com
Regarding transaction fees, right now the fee is pretty reasonable at the price of a bitcoin...  But if transaction fees go up (more sites like SatoshiDice flooding the network?) and the price of a bitcoin goes up (eventually, to like $100+ theoretically), then the transaction fees might get really high.  To send a BTC right now, you might pay like 0.0005 BTC I think, doesn't seem like much, but what if you wanted to send someone a really small integer, like 0.0005, you would pay like double in fees.  If a BTC is trading for $1000, that makes 0.0005 tx fee cost $0.50...  That's not much either, but you pay that on tiny transactions.  Sometimes I go to send a BTC, and I guess if there are multiple small bitcoin addresses that it needs to send from, and I pay a 0.01 fee.  If the network gets very congested and the BTC price goes up (like it's destined to do), won't it be unaffordable to send small amounts of money?
Pages:
Jump to: