Pages:
Author

Topic: is it possible to hack your bitcoin from your wallet? - page 11. (Read 14285 times)

legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106
it is possible to hack anything as long as there is  human factor involved
the system itself can be as safe and tamper proof as possible,we all know how resistant sha256 is
BUT the owner of the wallet can be social engineered and his password stolen,he could print his private key out and carry it in his pocket only to lose it somewhere in a pub Smiley,his computer may get compromised,he can have a simple pass which can be bruteforced in a matter of hours if not minutes etc.
blockchain technology in itself is as secure as it can be,humans are the weakest link here
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
Just come it to my mind. is it possible? to get hook into your wallet and send some to another wallet? Undecided

I'm not aware of what kind of wallet are you using but if you use a wallet that has 2FA integrated then it's better.
So if the hacker has access to your pc then he can't transfer any amount because the code from 2FA is required.
to bad if his second method of verification is mail or if he receives his mobile messages also on his computer.
in general the answer depends on his definition of wallet and hack. but in most cases the answer is yes.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
Just come it to my mind. is it possible? to get hook into your wallet and send some to another wallet? Undecided

I'm not aware of what kind of wallet are you using but if you use a wallet that has 2FA integrated then it's better.
So if the hacker has access to your pc then he can't transfer any amount because the code from 2FA is required.
Activity: 658
Merit: 505
I know some cases that people have lost their Bitcoins from wallets because someone has the unauthorized access to it. Sometimes people are just not careful enough and they don't secure their wallets or they pick some malware. Anyway it is good to use multiple wallets.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
In my opinion, yes! It is possible that someone will hack your btc wallet. So better to keep as safe as you can. Thats the possible way to do.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046
the answer is simpally no because bitcoin does not really is in your wallet it is just your private key is accessed by your wallet and you are managing the balance into that private key and if you do not even had access to the private key then there is no possible way to hack the bitcoin from the direct bitcoin network
If you have 2fa i think its hard to hack your wallet but if there is not 2fa they can be still bruteforcing your account to get your bitcoins or hack your account..  for hackers everything is possible.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
the answer is simpally no because bitcoin does not really is in your wallet it is just your private key is accessed by your wallet and you are managing the balance into that private key and if you do not even had access to the private key then there is no possible way to hack the bitcoin from the direct bitcoin network
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 500

Yes it is very possible that your wallet Will be hack by someone. Now a days there's a lot of hackers so its better to secure your wallet ever now and then.  You can put a google authentication on in so that it can be easily to hack by someone..

You should listen to this guy advice, it is very possible that your bitcoin can be hacked from  your  wallet and move it somehwere.  I have  read someone unable to setup his 2fa security in his account in an exchange has been  hacked.   Losing all his bitcoin and altcoin.  So setting up 2fa is a must.  You  must be careful on clicking online links too, it might contain a malware that can hack your system and get your btc.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Yes it is very possible that your wallet Will be hack by someone. Now a days there's a lot of hackers so its better to secure your wallet ever now and then.  You can put a google authentication on in so that it can be easily to hack by someone..
Activity: 71
Yes it is possible if you have a virus already in the pc you are using which have a key logger in it and with that they can get all info on what wallet you are using and what is your password,its safe if you have a 2FA which will need a mobile phone authentication before you can withdraw your money.

So my wallet has 2FA with a mobile. If that is the case how could somebody work out my private key?
Thanks
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
it possible to hack your bitcoin from your wallet?

yes! the hacker can get your Bitcoin from your wallet,
perhaps they can copy your key, so be very careful to getting away with it.
for them not to get rich at once. Undecided
right, like a The DAO cases get attacked by a hacker and $60 million is stolen. a hacker can steal your bitcoin from some ways they can try. an old method using malware to stole your data,account,and password and for expert hacker exactly the DAO cases using code to infiltrate in your wallet.
You need to run your Virus scanner Weekly or Daily if possible, to avoid virus and malware and get them out of your PC.
Use Linux it has the most invulnerable security in my opinion alternatively it is the most unexploited OS from hacker.
Activity: 630
Yes it is very possible to hack your bitcoin, even you have private key. Just make sure to do not show your private key to someone else or do not log in anywhere that is not trusted like computer shops
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Its Not Possible My Account Never Hack Anyone Am I Right
Activity: 90
It's possible if the owner of the wallet is irresponsible on his/her account credentials, and its a matter of what wallet you are using.

anyways most of the wallet today have high security in logged in.
Activity: 658

For now, none has able to hack a bitcoin wallet, unless if the hacker knows your passwords or private keys.😀
yeah if you're using an online wallet. and then they do not know your password. they will not be able to get into your wallet. the password can not be recovered by email. make sure you secure the private key and use different passwords for each account. I've tried it in blockchain and I was never in dikes

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
it possible to hack your bitcoin from your wallet?

yes! the hacker can get your Bitcoin from your wallet,
perhaps they can copy your key, so be very careful to getting away with it.
for them not to get rich at once. Undecided
yeah especially if you're using an online wallet. of course they will request identifer very easily via email. and they can go in your purse very easily. therefore you must add security for your wallet
Activity: 504
Bitcoin itself cannot be hacked. The only methods of getting your funds would be for someone to get your private keys.

That's what people are doing right now. They're developing various methods to get your private key.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Yes it is possible if you have a virus already in the pc you are using which have a key logger in it and with that they can get all info on what wallet you are using and what is your password,its safe if you have a 2FA which will need a mobile phone authentication before you can withdraw your money.

This is the main problem that often occurs in the hacking. most likely indeed the occurrence of hacking is because computers, mobile laptops, and they are exposed to malware and botnet. so if you don't want to get those problems, then don't ever do visit the site that untested and unexamined software download
Activity: 504
InvestnTrade. Latest from the crypto space.

For now, none has able to hack a bitcoin wallet, unless if the hacker knows your passwords or private keys.😀
copper member
Activity: 1442
Merit: 529
I hope it is not possible to hack wallets.
But if it is what is the alternative?

Alternative are wallets with 0 hack histories so far , Electrum is one of them and is lightweight also. In the extreme case some random hacker can hack it , there is a nice developer with some helpers which I am sure they will fix it as soon as they can. Thats the alternative without spending any money, if you want the toughest and unbreakable defense for your bitcoins then it is very highly advisable you to buy a hardware wallet which are malware proof so far and they should continue to be as every thing happens inside their secure chip which is malware proof.
Pages:
Jump to: