Pages:
Author

Topic: is it possible to hack your bitcoin from your wallet? - page 7. (Read 14285 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 252
definitely yes, it is possible to hack your wallet and took away your bitcoin if you have been attacked by a phisher/phishing sites therefore some services including blockchain is advising us to secure our wallet with a passphrase and two factor authentication in order to be safe from the hackers because with 2FA it is very impossible for unknown person to access your wallet.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
Yes, it is really possible, and lost 0,08BTC that way, only 16$ at that time, but much more now. However, since I placed a password to my wallet (yeah, was pretty stupid to don't put one : I thought I'd have to enter it each time I would get into my wallet Tongue), never had any problem Wink !

That is not the fault of the wallet, it is a users fault that your bitcoin was stolen. It is good that you learned your lesson. I hope you used a complex password to protect your wallet now.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594
Yes, it is really possible, and lost 0,08BTC that way, only 16$ at that time, but much more now. However, since I placed a password to my wallet (yeah, was pretty stupid to don't put one : I thought I'd have to enter it each time I would get into my wallet Tongue), never had any problem Wink !

That is not a big amount of money, but is never fun to get hacked and lost your money. If someone has access to your PC or your smartphone with a virus or malware, for sure he can access and transfer the fund to another bitcoin adresse.

Always a good idea to implement the basic security into your wallet Wink

Possibility is possible as long as you're connected to internet many hackers will posibly hack your wallet because money is always involved. Best thing to do is to installed strong security on your pc or mobile phones and seek good advice from experts for your safety. Most importantly do not share to anyone your wallet password because it is the most reason for your account to become unsecured.

Yeah, bitcoin wallets can easily be hacked by the fault of the owner of that bitcoin wallet. He didn't secured well his wallet which makes it easy for hackers to login in his wallet and steal his bitcoin. If you secure well your bitcoin wallet and also your email, hackers won't easily steal your bitcoins.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
Just come it to my mind. is it possible? to get hook into your wallet and send some to another wallet? Undecided

It is indeed possible and in some ways is already done.
There's softer methods (like producing viruses). These retrieve data directly and mean that less computation power is needed by the hacker (an example being the AV coin project that launched from this site a while back).
There is then the "brute force" approach, which doesn't work as well with Bitcoin (as there's so many posibilities) and takes lots of time and computation due to the difficulty.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100

That is not a big amount of money, but is never fun to get hacked and lost your money. If someone has access to your PC or your smartphone with a virus or malware, for sure he can access and transfer the fund to another bitcoin adresse.

Possibility is possible as long as you're connected to internet many hackers will posibly hack your wallet because money is always involved. Best thing to do is to installed strong security on your pc or mobile phones and seek good advice from experts for your safety. Most importantly do not share to anyone your wallet password because it is the most reason for your account to become unsecured.

I think the best thing you can do is to actually have a new PC and ONLY use it for Bitcoin transactions. You can find one even at $100-$200, you don't need a super fast one but a simple, small and portable netbook that can run a browser on it. I'm using such a laptop for my main wallet and for the other wallets which got <$5 in them I'm using my phone or main computer.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Cryptocurrency Wallet - Denaro.io

Activity: 812

Activity: 147
With enough computer power it is possible to hack... But "enough" is a lot!
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Bitcoin can't be hacked however you will enter in the site and login to a fishing bitcoin website or you download the application that has virus and you login to your wallet it can be hack your wallet they will known your password and send your money to their wallet.
Activity: 728
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Just come it to my mind. is it possible? to get hook into your wallet and send some to another wallet? Undecided
may be if someone know your private key , so be carefull to say about your key
Activity: 364
I really doubt they can hack, otherwise it would already happen, there are a lot interest over bitcoins, hackers are requesting their payment to be done with bitcoins, if they could acess wallets they would do those already. The only way to them get acess is to make like the last time a fake and similiar page of blockchain or other wallet provider, and some person which didnt pay attention put his details there.

Well if your PC or celphone are infected with some virus/malware, for sure they can hack your wallet.

Because some virus can see what you type, can take printscreens and things like that, so you have to keep your pc clean.

One good alternative is using paper wallets Wink
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
I really doubt they can hack, otherwise it would already happen, there are a lot interest over bitcoins, hackers are requesting their payment to be done with bitcoins, if they could acess wallets they would do those already. The only way to them get acess is to make like the last time a fake and similiar page of blockchain or other wallet provider, and some person which didnt pay attention put his details there.
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
If via remote desktop connection, then yes, it is possible to send some coins while you are connected to the said wallet and then send the coins from that address to the other address but that isn't hacking in any way. But if your question is about cracking the wallet remotely using only the pubkey of the wallet then no, it will take a longer time than that.
Activity: 756
It is possible if you work with negligence, that's your money and it's your responsibility to protect your money. And if you consider your money as investment for your future then the more you have to exert effort to protect it.

Yeah, someone who has financial or price would surely have thought of being able to protect their property from crime or theft that could have made them get a loss. So does bitcoin, if we want to have a bitcoin intact and does not have an accident theft then we should be able to protect your wallet, owned by a couple of security are very complicated. Be it a wallet that has large quantities or small, because all data must protect
legendary
Activity: 3038
Merit: 4418
Crypto Swap Exchange
It is extremely possible if you have malware on your computer. Otherwise, if you are looking at decent security practices, the only attack vector can be the wallet software itself.

1. The wallet may generate insecure keys as a result of flawed RNG, either intentionally or unintentionally. Re-using the 'R' value in the generation of transactions can allow attackers to scan the blockchain for addresses that are insecure and it is extremely easy to crack the wallet to get to the key.

2. The wallet may be malicious and send the keys to a remote server and attackers can gain access to your keys there.

Otherwise, if quantum computing becomes a reality, the ECDSA may in theory, be flawed and can be cracked over time.
Activity: 378
BULL RUN until 2030
It is possible if you work with negligence, that's your money and it's your responsibility to protect your money. And if you consider your money as investment for your future then the more you have to exert effort to protect it.
Activity: 322
no its not possible but there are very rare chances that any type of spoofing will work for the very very less carelessness of the user but for a normal user its really high security which hackers can not break through (easily) but yes any crezy hacker who spent 3-4year to hack one address they have some chances
Activity: 532
yes it is possible as we have some live examples here in this form. as in previous days the hacking of bitfinex was really a big problem, as the whole the hacker bitfinex and take all the bitcoins from it .
Activity: 214
Your wallet can be hacked. Bitcoin in the wallet can certainly not be hacked. When you lose your bitcoin then your wallet was been access by a theft and aget your bitcoin but still  bitcoin in that wallet certainly wasn't able to be considered as being hacked.
as bitcoin is not a paper money that can be hacked, if some one is going to hack your bitcoin he will first hack your bitcoin address and that can be done by several methods, like using malware or hacking your email address then he can get access to your wallet and can steal your bitcoin, i think this issue should be solved on priority basis, as it is effecting the image of bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: