Pages:
Author

Topic: is it possible to hack your bitcoin from your wallet? - page 5. (Read 14285 times)

Activity: 1148
Merit: 500
Just come it to my mind. is it possible? to get hook into your wallet and send some to another wallet? Undecided
Yes ofcourse. Its really possible. One of the common thing that usually happen when the virus infected your computer and goes through your wallet and takes all the details including passwords and your private keys. Many victims are experience this kind of thing. Also phishing. Phishing is when you enter your passwords into untrusted site of applications. Through this, they can easily break your security. It is know as keylogger. If you have computer with strong antivirus, you should be fine.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
The far more likely scenario is that someone gets some kind of malware or keylogger on their system,
and an attacker is able to get the private key that way.
Even the NSA or some other state sponsored agency would have trouble cracking a bitcoin wallet at this point.
They would put that computing power to something much more profitable than trying to steal someones BTC.
Activity: 840
Merit: 520
Ofcourse its possible. Sometimes when installing bitcoin wallet, some wallet are infused with virus which takes all the details including passwords. Make sure  you have strong antivirus installed in your computer if you dont want to lose your bitcoins. Dont put any  untrusted application in your computer and make sure to format it regularly.
Activity: 1806
Merit: 672
It really depends on the security of your wallet, becayse I assure you that Bitcoin won't just nagically disappear in your wallet. However your password in your wallet can be retrieved by anyone if it is easy, because anyone can reset your wallet if they all know your security questions. Also I recommend wallets that send you text messages with codes on it in order for you to access your wallet from other devices.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
If you use a really simple password yes.  Google "entropy" and it will explain this to you.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
Except for keyloggers and other spywares, Bitcoin hacking is impossible for now (or nobody found a way to do it yet). If you do not have the wallet ID and password(s), unfortunately that amount is lost forever. Do you remember the e-mail you used for creating that wallet? Or just any other detail? If it was a cold wallet, it's impossible. If it was a web-browser based one, there are ways you can get your money back by contacting the specific company and proving that it's you.
Hackers can also use phishing and fake the website of a wallet, then you download the infected wallet and when you add bitcoins to the wallet and then you make a transaction your bitcoin will be sent to the address of the hacker.
Activity: 700
It is possible for anybody to make up any private key. It is just very unlikely, so unlikely that it has never happened and most likely will never happen.
Yeah it definitely is possible for you Bitcoin wallet to get hacked, but the chances of it actually happening is very low. It is definitely something you shouldn't be worrying about. That is unless you use a online wallet. Then it quite possible that you could get hacked, but most people that use an online wallet only keep a small amount of Bitcoin in it. If you are using a hardware or software wallet, then you are pretty safe unless you download key-loggers or viruses.
Activity: 378
BULL RUN until 2030
Except for keyloggers and other spywares, Bitcoin hacking is impossible for now (or nobody found a way to do it yet). If you do not have the wallet ID and password(s), unfortunately that amount is lost forever. Do you remember the e-mail you used for creating that wallet? Or just any other detail? If it was a cold wallet, it's impossible. If it was a web-browser based one, there are ways you can get your money back by contacting the specific company and proving that it's you.
That how revolutionary the internet now, there are a lot of security features that we can used and now it's up to us if we are not careful with our information. Tips were found in the internet on how to protect our bitcoins so we have to follow that and take care of our investment.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Activity: 232
Formally, Bitcoin can be broken, but this is unlikely, because the transaction in the virtual currency Bitcoin does not require the disclosure of personal data, as a system of two keys: a public key and private. The first (outdoor) is open to anyone who knows the address number of your purse, the second (personal) - is known only to you.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
The fact that bitcoin address are constantly changing makes it impossible for anyone to track down your wallet, why do you think governments don't wanna use it as an international currency , and why do you think hackers and drug dealers use it on the black market thats because no one knows where the bitcoin goes to.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
Just come it to my mind. is it possible? to get hook into your wallet and send some to another wallet? Undecided

Bitcoin isn't possible to be hacked your wallet is, especially if you are storing you bitcoins using a web wallet so you need to secure your account and you should be aware of those malicious softwares and phishing sites also you should choose the best web wallet that is not vulnerable and cannot be easily hacked.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 571
Yes, it is possible, honestly it did happen years ago where bitcoin worth of 1 million USD have been stolen to the blockchain and it is possible to happen again. There is no impossible to those black hat hackers that only knows how to steal something from someone's property. We just have to be prepare for this, so we are not gonna surprise in the future. It would be better if we would convert all the bitcoin that we have in the right time in fiat so that we won't regret a thing even this hacking bitcoin season comes.
Activity: 308
Yes, anything on the internet can be hacked. Especially bitcoin which is also a currency makes hackers monitor your wallet and try to hack it. If they know you have some big amounts on your wallet they will use any way of hacking they know to steal your bitcoin from your wallet.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 701
It is very possible to hack your bitcoin account many hacker try and practice to do it. No system is safe even though it has many security features it cam be crack. And also dont click on shorten links it maybe a phising site were if u log in ur id info and pass it well send to their number or email. Thats other way of being wallet is hackable.

it is possible, yes. just like the past hacker who hacked an exchange (if I am not mistaken). but it needs high level of hacking competence, of course. you need skill to be able to hack bitcoin which is known as unhackable system.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 794
I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!
It is possible. But it takes more time and effort to hack someone's trasanctions or bitcoin wallet than just mining itself. This was discussed in Satoshi's whitepaper. He was saying that if a hacker would try to hack the blockchain, the resources required will be more expensive than just trying to mine it the legit way. So to answer this, yes it is possible but it will not be worth it.
I doubt a hacker will try that approach, what I think is most likely is a virus or trojan infect your computer and then the hacker gets your passwords including the ones for your wallet and then the hacker access your wallet and leaves it empty, I think that is more likely.
Activity: 946
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
I think is possible but it is very difficult when I log into my wallet need to be authorized in my email and after that will be sent code 2FA for my number phone, I think so difficult to hack this wallet.

Yup todays verifications before logging in or accessing for transactions seems really impossible to hack. But to lessen still the worry I prefer saving / storing  it in different wallets just for assurance because it still hard when I put all in one wallet so atleast even one may hack i dont lose alot though my money is not that big but still I worked for it and its important by just storing it for sure soon it will doubled the value.
Activity: 224
can , so don't save all your bitcoin in one wallet and be carefully

Well I suggest you choose the wallet that is very secured. And avoid sharing your earnings online to prevent other from thinking to hack your account. I think it is very safe to keep your bitcoins from your desktop wallet rather than online to lessen the risk of hacking your bitcoin.
Activity: 826
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
can , so don't save all your bitcoin in one wallet and be carefully
Activity: 1050
Merit: 252
you have to learn what are the ways that you can get hacked and then try to find ways to prevent those ways. for example one of the most common ways of getting hacked is having a key logger on your computer. solution is simply having a good anti virus and not downloading things you are not sure about.

and as for bitcoin and bitcoin wallet as long as there is cold storage everyone should build themselves one and transfer their bitcoins there to prevent all kinds of hacks.

having a good anti-virus isn't enough if you are not responsibly and carefully using your pc/laptop or any device and you tend to download unknown files from unknown and Untrusted websites then you are still on the risk. anti-viruses are not the same they are not actually the same when it comes to that certain feature where they will give you a notice when you are downloading a file that might be unsafe. we should beware on downloading files from the internet as we wouldn't know if it is safe or it will bring a harm to our computer system and will be access some of our accounts.
Pages:
Jump to: