Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it profitable to run a Bitcoin faucet in 2017 - page 12. (Read 10382 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Look ARROUND!
I don't think building a faucet and having it available to the public would make you rich. Sure you might make a couple of dollars, the amount that you make from it will be used for the maintenance of your faucet so I don't think it's worth building. Of course you will have to try it yourself to be 100% sure of the outcome because we don't know everything. Trial and Error will give you success if you have a plan.

If you want to make some money with your faucet, you should strive to be the most popular Bitcoin BTC faucet online. Then you will be banking.
Activity: 490
Merit: 251
Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!
Would highly doubt it would be a profitable venture based on the sheer fact of the amount of bitcoin faucets there are in the small bitcoin community at the moment (probably thousands) and the inability for people to use google adsense which was paying them a pretty hefty amount for ads on the site.

Now you're stuck using some bitcoin specific ad company which only pays a fraction of what google adsense would pay, easily destroying your business.

If you are going only with faucet then its may be profitable as you want but if you will try to go with some unique idea like game or something else which is new then may be its give you some profit you can check freebitco.in its going with Hi Lo but surviving for long time

Unique idea is a must, if you're going to be doing some sort of faucet box or a generic site it'll never work so just don't try it.
Activity: 700
Merit: 251
If you are going only with faucet then its may be profitable as you want but if you will try to go with some unique idea like game or something else which is new then may be its give you some profit you can check freebitco.in its going with Hi Lo but surviving for long time
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
The problem with running a profitable bitcoin faucet is that google ad sense wont accept your site if you are running a a faucet as they think it is against their terms of service and before that it was a profitable model and look out for hackers who try to drain the wallet .You can still start a faucet site but never expect the profit in the beginning.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 3406
Crypto Swap Exchange
I have a question regarding your own BTC faucet. Is it profitable to run it in 2017?
For a short term, the answer is a big "NO" but for a long term, you might see profits after some time. It's getting harder and harder to make profits in a honest way from a faucet owner's perspective so don't expect good results nowadays.

What initial investment is needed?
It depends on how the rewards going to be, the time interval between claims and up to what extent you'll be limiting the claims in a certain time.

I'm not sure if there are plugins that can turn wordpress in to a faucet,
~Snipped~
I've seen some faucets that were built on a WordPress platform although not sure if it was with a use of a plugin or purely by coding parts of it.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1192
I'm not sure if there are plugins that can turn wordpress in to a faucet, but you'd probably be better off using some custom built software. Wordpress is widely used, so it is a bit target for hackers and any exploits they find will affect your setup. Nobody can really define how much it will cost to fund a faucet, but you need to cover any funds that are earned until the advertisers pay you
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
Yes. If you use the right methods, then you may be able to earn a lot more in (advertisement) revenues when compared to the expenses. Keep in mind that you need to set a slightly harder threshold. If your faucet is giving 0.001 mBTC at a time, then make the threshold 0.1 mBTC. The user needs to visit the site 100 times, before he can withdraw the payment. Only a very few are going to have that much patience.

Correct. but this is only good for the beginner in this world. Like what you said you withdraw 0.1mbtc you needs to visit the site 100x, well that is really tiring and waste of time. Yes you earn but small amount of satshi only. In short its not profitable.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
A faucet can always be profitable for a owner if he knows how to run it. All you need are visitors to your faucet and it should probably attract them so that they should come back again. And as told earlier by someone, set a threshold of quite high amount so that they come again every time to reach the threshold before getting their bits so that they don't run away after coming 2, 3 times.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
Yes. If you use the right methods, then you may be able to earn a lot more in (advertisement) revenues when compared to the expenses. Keep in mind that you need to set a slightly harder threshold. If your faucet is giving 0.001 mBTC at a time, then make the threshold 0.1 mBTC. The user needs to visit the site 100 times, before he can withdraw the payment. Only a very few are going to have that much patience.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 504
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
Hi,

I have a question regarding your own BTC faucet. Is it profitable to run it in 2017?
I was thinking to run it via WordPress.
What initial investment is needed?
Pages:
Jump to: