Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it safe to put the tokens on the exchange? - page 17. (Read 2998 times)

Activity: 287
Merit: 6
In many situations, it'd safe if you store your asset on Exchange despite of Wallet, for Example is MyEthereumWallet, which you can lost all with a Private Key. Exchange will give you 2FA-Authenication, it's very secure. Further more, if your coin have a big price fluctuation, you can sell or buy faster.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
Putting your tokens on any exchange is always a little bit risky but if you trade on solid famous exchange like Bitfinex or Binance, that's ok,you can trust them.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 769
Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.
Never ever leave your coins on idle on a certain exchanger unless if you are actively trading them then putting them on exchanger would be an advantage since you can able to make fast trades since the tokens are just on the wallet but if you bought a coin and tending to hold for long term then it would be much better to store it on a wallet on where you do posses its private keys.Each coins do have its own platform been used and it do really have an specific wallet or storage.
Activity: 840
Merit: 40
It is totally safe to put your tokens on the exchange if they have all security safety measures like 2FA which can not be cracked.Always keep your private key in safer place and never share it to any one in any circum substances.
Activity: 353
Merit: 100
 If you are trader, you need to put coins on the exchange wallet for easy trading. However, if you hold for a long time investment just store in your personal wallet ,because it is not easy for trading ,you will not sell them easy.
Activity: 336
Not so safe but I keep some amount of my  short-term coins on a few exchanges,I dont wanna transfer small amounts every day to MEW and back again,paying quite big fees to exchanges.
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
its never safe to store tokens or bitcoin on exchange... i now of a friend who lost a total of 19 bitcoin after making such mistake
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies
No, it is not safe to store your purchased tokens in the exchange. You will never know when the exchanges will have problem or closed down.
Activity: 308
Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.

Yes it is safe to place it on your exchanger because the security is good if most of the people are relying on it so before you choose the market to place your coins then always ask reliable person in order to evade problems in the future.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 1519
If you don't trade actively then withdraw all your tokens, never hold your long term tokens in exchanges. This is simple and most powerful security you can do alone. You should not trust any of the centralized infrastructure. Even the best exchange platforms got hacked or turned to scam in history.
Activity: 644
Don't put your coins in the exchanges if you don't trade them. Because it the exchanges is comprised all of your funds will be lost. Only put your coins for holding in MEW or other wallet that you have your private key. But if you want to hold your coins in exchange it should be in Binance because its much safer compared to other exchanges. But always have cautious and protect your funds.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
I trust big stock markets like binance, I keep it safe there.
Activity: 826
Merit: 11
As long as you enable all the security feasures with your account in any exchange I think it's just fine and it would not be hack. Enabling the 2fa and security questions is the  the safest and the best way we can do to protect our account and our crypto assets in it.
Activity: 658
Merit: 256
I don’t think it is safe to keep your coins in exchanges for the long term. It is better to keep your coins in official wallets or hardware wallets.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 101
ComboLabs

safe, as long as you are always active. I think you only need to activate the exchange security so that no one can access it other than your own.
During this time, I keep some altcoin that I trade in some exchanges. everything is no problem
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
The revolutionary AI gaming ecosystem

You can try KuCoin which my day to day exchanger in all my transactions and I have never encountered any problem using it. Of course, you can try other exchanger but make sure to research its background and review of other users to avoid loss/hack.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100

Yes, just make sure you are on a legit exchange platform and double check the address bar because there are some cases of exchanger sites imitated to by phishing sites. Double check also the address when you are going to receive and send your funds to make sure that everything is correct and to avoid losing all your tokens.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
Its somewhat ok to put the money in exchange, most of us did it for so long and didnt have any problems, exchanges are making millions of dollars, and i am certain that they invest in the proper security
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
If you will store them for short time then exchanges are just fine to store on them but remember to always enable 2fa on the exchanges you are using . But if you are planing to store for really long time without use them then a wallet is the way to go with .

Just a warning even if you have 2fa on , never store token on an exchange you are using an API on it .
Activity: 630
Merit: 256
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Wow look at that!

The answer is off course a big NO!

Exchanger is the horrible place to store your tokens and if it got hacked then no you can reclaim what you had their. It doesnt provide your the private keys too so its even harder to recover the tokens if something goes wrong with it.

And no you are doing it the wrong way, you should get yourself a private key enabled wallet like MEW, Metamask etc.

You dont need the android app or so to get your wallets stored. Thats bazaar too think like that. You an always have online wallets.
Pages:
Jump to: