Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it safe to put the tokens on the exchange? - page 22. (Read 3019 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 10
Yeah sure.
Exchange is same like Wallet.
But exchanger can do Trading.
Activity: 518
Merit: 105
People speak correctly. Do not keep your money on the purses of the stock exchange, at any moment something can happen and you will lose your money. It is best to keep on cold wallets from which you have a password!
Activity: 266
Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.
Don't keep your investment in currently exchanges because they may be hacked in any time. From hacker or goverments no matter.
Activity: 402
Merit: 19
A big NO for that one. Never store your tokens in an exchange. Keep it in a personal wallet like a hardware wallet or paper wallet. Make sure to back up your private keys.
Activity: 364
take & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
It is totally not safe except if you have them for day trading then you can leave them on the exchanges, but if you are a long time holders. it is best you leave them in a wallet you control the private keys for them.
Activity: 269
Merit: 12
we're Radio, online!
Guys is it safe to just put the purchased tokens on the exchange? cause i dont have a wallet in my android app. is it possible that it will be stolen? and claimed to be hacked? Am i doing the right way? Please can anyone help me. Thanks in advance.
Yes, it is safe to put it on the exchange, all exchanges have security measures to secure one’s investment, However it is more better to have a wallet such as Myetherwallet, Coinbase, etc. to be more secure and keep it safe. Remember just be more responsible with your private keys.
Coinbase is not a wallet and where you can't store tokens yet maybe in future can.But now coinbase only supports four cryptos BTC.ETH,LTC and BCH.

For OP it is not safe to store your crypto in an exchange because you are not controlling the private key so chance of hacking is possible so move it to a wallet which have private key access.
Thank you for your humble correction. I appreciate it. Its my bad i think i need more knowledge from my senior’s here in the forum.
Activity: 162
If you don't have a lot of money and coins on the exchange's account, you can keep it there in a short time, or if you are a regular trader, then you have to put it on the exchange. But the usual way is to deposit your wallet and keep the password. Because even the largest exchange can't fully guarantee your account's safety.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
as soon as you make a deposit on an exchange you are no longer safe! it is not about leaving it there for long, it is the very second your deposit is confirmed and it becomes irreversible.
the exchange is holding and controlling your money then and they can decide to scam you and run away or you get hacked and lose and a lot of other stuff happening.

this is one of the risks of trading.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
Of course,it is best to keep in your personal account in your wallet than on the exchange,as the exchange can close at any time and you will lose all your coins,so it is definitely best to keep the coins in your wallet,and on the exchange to display those tokens that you are going to trade
Activity: 384
Student Coin
Absolutely yes! As long as the exchange site will not get hack.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
You don't own the coin unless you own the private key, at least that's how I look at it.
Never use exchanges for storage, they can be gone in a matter of seconds.
Activity: 150
Merit: 0
you should keep it in the wallet so that your tokens are not lost, because I've lost some BTC in coinsmarkets which until now the market can no longer be opened with reasons hacked by hackers .. maybe not just me who experienced similar things, so to maintain security you should move from the market
Activity: 686
Merit: 264
"STAY IN THE DARK"
Yes, it is safe to put it on the exchange, all exchanges have security measures to secure one’s investment, However it is more better to have a wallet such as Myetherwallet, Coinbase, etc. to be more secure and keep it safe. Remember just be more responsible with your private keys.
Coinbase is not a wallet and where you can't store tokens yet maybe in future can.But now coinbase only supports four cryptos BTC.ETH,LTC and BCH.

For OP it is not safe to store your crypto in an exchange because you are not controlling the private key so chance of hacking is possible so move it to a wallet which have private key access.
Activity: 269
we're Radio, online!
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
Pages:
Jump to: