Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it still worth mining bitcoin in December of 2013? - page 2. (Read 1964 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I am only looking forward to Curecoin if it ever gets released. I think it might be a coin that could make the difference and as far as I know, it is going to be possible to mine with ASIC miners.
Activity: 47
Why not get your feet wet with some altcoins? I've been learning on Quark, Stable, Secure, and later a failed attempt at Bitcoin. I'm seeing some successes so I'm happy with the small gains I'm seeing.

So far QuarkCoin:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-qrk-quark-core-010-upgrade-260031

and SecureCoin:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annsrc-securecoin-a-fast-and-secure-version-of-bitcoin-2013-270852

have been two easy ones to start since they're both CPU based.

Also I found Palmdetroit's miner to give me better hashrates over the standard Pooler's miner.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cp3u-sha-scrypt-quark-xmr-xdn-bcn-btc-ltc-qrk-win64-cpu-miner-i3i5i7-bulldozer-353448
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
If you're new, forget about mining Bitcon itself. IMO there are only 2 options only in ''December of 2013''

1: you invest in coins directly and you don't mine at all. This is the lazy way, the not so fun way.

2: you learn everything there is to know about mining and scrypt alt coins and you choose one you believe in and you mine it.

if you go with option 2, you have another decision to take:

1: you mine your chosen alt coin and trade them for BTC as soon you get them. Doing this, you should be earning more BTC that if you tried to mine BTC directly.

2: you mine your chosen alt coin and you involve yourself with the community working on/supporting the coin to try and do your part to raise the value of the coin. There is ALOT you can do to help. Design a service/website/art/marketing for it, hell, if you have no skills go talk about it on reddit go troll about it in the trollbox at BTC-E.

In the end, mining isn't everything and supporting innovative/interesting alt coins WILL help Bitcoin in the long run and WILL boost your profits.

Activity: 3
Yes, mining is still profitable with bitcoins.

Use ASIC miners. You need to spend more to get some decent coins generated.

Activity: 3
Yes it is, if you can throw some gh/s.

Also consider mining promising altcoins such as feathercoin, tagcoin, peercoin etc.,
Activity: 73
One day we will beat ECB and FED ;)
The KNC miner seems like a good deal at $4 per Gh/s https://www.kncminer.com/products/neptune, but that is a lot of cash you need to put on the line.

Yes, but it is preorder. If shipped tommorow, I would buy at this price

And diff is growing exponentially ... so whenever it comes, you mine much less then at time of order and will be mining less and less at constant electricity cost.
Activity: 552
Merit: 250
The KNC miner seems like a good deal at $4 per Gh/s https://www.kncminer.com/products/neptune, but that is a lot of cash you need to put on the line.

Yes, but it is preorder. If shipped tommorow, I would buy at this price
Activity: 7
Activity: 252
Merit: 100
MARKETPLACE FOR PAID ADVICE LIVE BROADCASTS
No, not worth it for a few months already
Activity: 265
Merit: 250
For Altcoin mining with ATI GPU cards you need:
Some technical knowledge and monitor your cards regularly
Cheap electricity
ROI can be over year
Activity: 73
One day we will beat ECB and FED ;)
Bitcoin ASIC mining is questionable (is profitable with currect BTC value but if value plummets while difficulty is skyrocketing you won't get what you've invested).

I would suggest SCRYPT alogrythm Altcoin mining for newbie with ATI GPU. But it takes time and cost electricity.
Activity: 113
2. If so, what should I buy to mine?(i am really inter steel in the butterfly labs Asia's and USB block erupters)

BFL - the delays are many months, when you receive it, the difficulty of mining increase a lot
USB block erupters - Cost about 0.05 BTC but you will not mine even half of this in its lifetime
Activity: 10
it always depend on the price of the BTC, but to be short, there is no avalable harware that can give you ROI... you could try cloud mining..
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com
Honestly mining is dead if you are investing anything under than $10,000.
Activity: 2
Hello, newbie here Smiley

I have got hooked into bitcoin and it seems good and all. But there are still questions that I seek.
1. Is it worth to invest in mining?
2. If so, what should I buy to mine?(i am really inter steel in the butterfly labs Asia's and USB block erupters)

Sorry if this has been asked, but I get mixed answers and many are outdated. All personal opinions are welcome!

Thanks for helping a newbie Smiley

It comes down to whether or not you have the time to learn exactly how much you need to invest you actually turn a profit bit coin mining. Otherwise its always a lottery ticket if you get any coins mining. The people who turn a profit or either those who know enough to set up a mining rig that nets them a profit each month - or companies that have room to room to room filled with mining machines to make some cash.

These are the age old investing questions (I personally do finance advice and repair)

Why are you investing?

Whats your acceptable level or risk?

Does it follow your financial long term plan?

Would you rather invest in something else?

If it meets that criteria then go for it. Just remember a bitcoin is a place holder for the speculative value that we the public assign to it. It has no intrinsic value, and as such reacts like a stock in the speculative market, meaning it is extremely volatile. If you are serious about mining to turn a profit, don't listen to anyone. As with any investment, do your own research and invest and start mining if it is based upon what YOU believe and what YOU find out. If your going to invest in it as a high volatile asset, just go buy some bitcoins. Hope this helps.
Activity: 5
If you use ASIC, Bitcoins are the best.

If you gpu, cpu mining go with promising alt coins and later convert it for bitcoins to make profit.

coinmarketcap.com show some promising coins list
Activity: 43
For me bitcoin with ASIC still the best

Could you tell me your setup that you use? Is it still profitable?
Also I'm not really sure about alt coins :/
Activity: 13
For me bitcoin with ASIC still the best
Activity: 84
hi, newbie here
but learning a lot, and fast since 3 days
my advice is to mine altercoins and change it
for bitcoins after.
mining Litecoins, but also stablecoins, feathercoins, megacoins, ect
mining ASIC coins will cost too much
scrypt coins are more easy i think
Activity: 43
Hello, newbie here Smiley

I have got hooked into bitcoin and it seems good and all. But there are still questions that I seek.
1. Is it worth to invest in mining?

Sorry if this has been asked, but I get mixed answers and many are outdated. All personal opinions are welcome!

Thanks for helping a newbie Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: