Pages:
Author

Topic: is it stupid to buy alts with bitcoin now ?? - page 2. (Read 981 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Previously, I was always waiting when bitcoin stabilized and only after that I bought alts. But now I try to buy interesting coins for each drawdown. Almost always I'm in plus. Just need to accumulate experience (especially unsuccessful) and then start to feel when it's time.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
With bitcoin low, some alts are dancing like crazy when you compare them vs btc and not vs usd. So my question is .... is it really that smart to buy alts with bitcoin now, if or not if when bitcoin starts to move upwards again wont alts go down like crazy ?? Or is it worth taking a chance on something and hope for the best? PS! I'm trying to accumulate BTC not dollars  Tongue

It might be a really smart move actually to buy some altcoins now. Look at stratis for example, that is a very bullish setup despite the dip.
Activity: 103
ICO Live! betterbetting.org
It depends on how you acquire the bitcoin. Because if you buy bitcoin now with your money it’s a good choice. You will get double amount compared to a month ago. This is a great time to buy bitcoin and turn it into alt coins if you don’t have patience to wait for bitcoin’s recovery.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
If you are truly invested in doing a long term HODL, then no. This is actually the best time. If you are trying to day trade, yes, don't be crazy.

I would suggest trying something small that has a potential to woon, but doesn't require a lot of capital if you want to speculate. My favorite right now is COLX. Otherwise, be safe my friend. Lots of money to be lost if you aren't careful.
Activity: 238
Merit: 104
its really depends which coins you buy and for long term or short term
i hold most of my portfolio in alts for a long term
Activity: 588
Merit: 253
Bitcoin domination is very low. When the market starts to rise, the first BTC will rise.
Activity: 453
Merit: 251
Presale Starting May 1st
I think its not. Altcoins were also crashed in last couple of days or a week. Bitcoin is hard to recover in current situation but many alts have their roadmap to catch so good news will still pump their prices.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
No, as long as you are buying valuable under-valued coins that will moon and make you money, then that is OK.

with doing some research on the coins, I think he could find the profitable for short term and long term and he could make a profit. but don't even try to buy the coins that are already going to the moon because you can risk your money to get trapped at the high price. make sure that when you buy the coins, the price is at a lower price so you don't have to wait too long.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 255
Those who buys the altcoin are doing good because once the price of altcoin increase you will get the double amount what you have now. I tried many times like and made good profit when the altcoin are in dip.
Activity: 150
Famous last words - Hold my beer.
With bitcoin low, some alts are dancing like crazy when you compare them vs btc and not vs usd. So my question is .... is it really that smart to buy alts with bitcoin now, if or not if when bitcoin starts to move upwards again wont alts go down like crazy ?? Or is it worth taking a chance on something and hope for the best? PS! I'm trying to accumulate BTC not dollars  Tongue

When bitcoin goes up, usually alts follow.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
it depends on how you can determine the altcoin that you want to buy because I think almost the altcoin wants to increase and maybe this time the altcoin will reach the highest price. I think this will be good if you can find one or more altcoin that still in low price so you can buy and start to waiting for the price to increase back. I am sure that you can get the right coins because there is too many altcoins that you can choose to buy.
Activity: 961
Merit: 110
SweetBet.com
No, as long as you are buying valuable under-valued coins that will moon and make you money, then that is OK.
legendary
Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007
Good analysis, actually i was thinking of this as well. It's pretty hard to look for exchange that you can easily buy coins coming from a fiat, others says that in order to do so better look for a p2p transaction rather than converting fiat into bitcoin and then to alts, it actually make sense since ratio between bitcoin and alts are quite high these days and for me i rather buy alts directly coming from fiat than bitcoin because we know that bitcoin will always stays at the top and this dumps will surely covered by some huge pump later on.
I usually buy alts thru bitcoin to exchange,  since I'd been used on doin it since before, buying alts in ico can be the best option for potential coins, having p2p transactions is quite risky, though if you're to deal with legit and trusted people then that's a good catch.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Good analysis, actually i was thinking of this as well. It's pretty hard to look for exchange that you can easily buy coins coming from a fiat, others says that in order to do so better look for a p2p transaction rather than converting fiat into bitcoin and then to alts, it actually make sense since ratio between bitcoin and alts are quite high these days and for me i rather buy alts directly coming from fiat than bitcoin because we know that bitcoin will always stays at the top and this dumps will surely covered by some huge pump later on.
Activity: 378
I think that now is a good time to buy alt coins. But it would be better if you bought them for fiat , not for bitcoin. I also do not have a fiat and I already bought the altcoin for ETH  Undecided
Activity: 191
Nope, i just received a payment of 0.10 BTC a few hours ago and i used all that money to buy Quantstamp  Grin Grin

I am feeling so glad about that.. I really enjoy buying altcoins, it is like a hobby for me, seriously, i think that i am a little bit addicted to buy them.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
At a time when Bitcoin's rates have fallen sharply, Altcoins will also suffer. You should invest in Bitcoin and Altcoins at that time because the price of the cryptos will increase rapidly over the next few weeks. The coins you should spend in are BTC, ETH, USDT because they are the most stable coins and will quickly rise when the market recovers.
Activity: 728
Merit: 103
This is a tricky one. I would say buying alts is a better investment because both are going to rise and if you pick the correct alt then it will rise faster than bitcoin. The trend of alts falling when bitcoin rises is under normal conditions, but now the market is in freefall so in this situation both bitcoin and alts will rise at the same time as more cash gets pumped into the cryptosphere. Bitcoin however, is never a bad investment at any time Wink
Activity: 392
Merit: 123
For me buying alts is also taking chances and risks. You must be very good in studying the quality, background of that alts could have  a big potential in the market because some ready do have good potentials and if you are lucky enough it could give a good return. Why not? It is your bitcoin you alone can decide on what to do with it.
Activity: 840
Merit: 101
No. As long as you buy the best altcoins and earn a profit in the future, that's good. And also, with bitcoin's value right now you can buy a lot of small altcoins. You'll become a millionaire if you invest in the right coins.
Pages:
Jump to: