Pages:
Author

Topic: is it stupid to buy alts with bitcoin now ?? - page 4. (Read 938 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100
Again the situation is repeated a week ago, when the whole crypto currency is in the red zone, a market capitalization falls, no one can give a clear answer what to do. My opinion is that to buy now is impractical.
Activity: 294
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
With bitcoin low, some alts are dancing like crazy when you compare them vs btc and not vs usd. So my question is .... is it really that smart to buy alts with bitcoin now, if or not if when bitcoin starts to move upwards again wont alts go down like crazy ?? Or is it worth taking a chance on something and hope for the best? PS! I'm trying to accumulate BTC not dollars  Tongue

It's definitely a risk, especially given as you said you are hoping to grow bitcoin instead of usd. I think right now the whole market is down and so alts will also increase alongside bitcoin, in fact I think there will initially be a larger increase in alts. I do feel though that after an initial increase bitcoin will have a run and that's what you don't want to miss. The run towards and beyond a new ATH.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
With bitcoin low, some alts are dancing like crazy when you compare them vs btc and not vs usd. So my question is .... is it really that smart to buy alts with bitcoin now, if or not if when bitcoin starts to move upwards again wont alts go down like crazy ?? Or is it worth taking a chance on something and hope for the best? PS! I'm trying to accumulate BTC not dollars  Tongue

You know buddy bitcoin goes up and alts will follow. because bitcoin is the core of cryptocurrency and if it goes sideways then we must see a pump season for altcoins, what if btc reverse downwards? then bitcoin will go down followed by alts. so learn from it.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Bitcoin will go first up in next period, but after the rise it would be good to change some into alts.
Do the research and get your picks
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
To buy crypto coins any time is good, just the beginning of the crypto revolution. And especially bitcoin, this is the best crypto coin.
Activity: 307
Today is the best time to buy, tomorrow it will still be more expensive, and you will regret not having bought it yesterday.
Activity: 350
I think it is not wise that buying other altcoins with bitcoin now, because, in my opinion it is a good time to investing in bitcoin. The price of it is giving a good buying opportunity for now.
Activity: 196
Hoqu.io – Decentralized Affiliate platform
I think the altcoin season has just begun, a lot of new people signing in to exchanges. I heard that yesterday Binance had 250k registrations
Activity: 54
Merit: 0

as others has said, it depends on what altcoin you buy. However, if its good or bad to buy altcoins for your bitcoins - nobody knows..
Activity: 216
Merit: 250
Why not? I think that Bitcoin development speed is so slow now. So, I will choose some good altcoins to trade. My portfolio is Bitclave, Centra and Playkey
Activity: 256
I think it's smart to have some of both. I wouldn't ever get rid of all my bitcoin for alts, but doing some trades with altcoins can definitely be a nice way to maximize your porfolio returns. I often will trade some bitcoin out for an altcoin, and wait until it hits a good price and transfer back to bitcoin.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 507
Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin
Not the perfect time to buy alts for a long time except the top of the list (e.g ETH, XRP) but in fact the best time to trade on daily basis.
Alts always involves a big risk because bitcoin volatility is too much high now as compared to the past, when the price is going to rise high no one knows, so better to be on the safe side and choose the top ranked coin with good reputation and don't depend on other coins.

This is not the buy and hold. Now we can actually able to make the profit with the altcoins in trading side. If you money invest in trading and make the short term earning now. We see many people investing on the altcoins such as ripple, waves, IOTA and etc but all these coins are not reliable coins in the market to be stable for long time.
Like every time bitcoin and ethereum only will grows more than anything in the market for sure so investing on the altcoins will be very risky move for the long term holders.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
The issue with the market now is that it is difficult to predict the top of the market, I was saying BTC is going to stopped at 10K during its rally but went as far as 20K, I think Altcoins is likely going to push crypto market cap to $1 trillion before the correction will begin
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 294
Not the perfect time to buy alts for a long time except the top of the list (e.g ETH, XRP) but in fact the best time to trade on daily basis.
Alts always involves a big risk because bitcoin volatility is too much high now as compared to the past, when the price is going to rise high no one knows, so better to be on the safe side and choose the top ranked coin with good reputation and don't depend on other coins.
Activity: 322
Merit: 114

It's certainly risky based on what you said and if bitcoin starts making some movement I would be quick to close any positions you have. I've seen it already when bitcoin went up 10% or so the other day, many alts crashed by about 20% in that time as people rush to get money in to bitcoin. It sounds like you understand how the markets move so you should be okay.
Activity: 854
Right now it is not best idea to buy altcoin because already the values of altcoin went up very high so it is really very bad idea in the present condition. Keep your bitcoin safe in hardware wallets.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005
My mule don't like people laughing
Don't buy altcoins now. All of them are pumped and will come down once bitcoin makes its next run.

ETFs, Futures and upgrades are in store for BTC in 2018.. so far that's what we know of. BTC will pump guaranteed and altcoiners will dump to take profits and get into BTC for the rise.

That is when you buy alts. 
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
Maybe because it depends on the altcoin that you are gonna buy, many altcoins do not have potential( no supporters) but there are many also that can give you big profit if it will pump high.  Some altcoins are not affected when bitcoin increase but mostly affected.
Activity: 98
Of course not.

Just carry out your research before buying though. Study who's behind the altcoin, the team, the concept & goals for the future.

Once you're confident with the above and you know it's most likely to succeed (whether it's short or long term) then you can go ahead and buy the altcoin.

Agree with this guy. If its a strong idea / project with a good team it will grows.
Activity: 350
Merit: 106
I see that now is one of the best moment to invest in alcoins as the plunged btc price squeezed out a lot of market participants from this coin and forward their money in different altcoins. The price moves in altcoins can be very volatile as in many cases they are significantly less liquid. The clear result of this switch is the rapid growth in many alternative cryptocurrencies.
Pages:
Jump to: