Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it time to sell BTC for BCH ? - page 6. (Read 2292 times)

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994
Cats on Mars
November 12, 2017, 11:20:38 AM
Is it time to sell BTC for some BCH ? Maybe sell 25% holdings of BTC to buy BCH ?

I don't know what to do as I don't have any BCH... what are others doing

If I send 0.2 BTC to an exchange will the BTC transaction get confirmed ? Because there is a big backlog in transactions ??
This isn't the time to move your BTC or make any kind of transactions (unless it's an urgent matter) given how the mempool is a complete chaos and fees are extremely expensive. If you really need to make a transaction, then be ready to pay a high fee. Otherwise, be patient and wait.
Also, forget about altcoincash, if you panic sell your BTC, then most likely youl will end up losing money in the long run. Instead, you should buy more BTC.
Activity: 205
Merit: 20
November 12, 2017, 11:07:35 AM
you think that might be he reason for the decreasing vaue of btc?
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
November 12, 2017, 11:02:20 AM
I have some in my portfolio.

It's always good to diversify. Bitcoin has weaknesses. Competitors have destroyed big business and big religion, change is the only certainty.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
November 12, 2017, 11:01:37 AM
But if we hold 0 BCH it might be worth selling BTC so we hold equal amounts ?

The problem is, if I use an exchange like shapeshift, will the BTC transaction get confirmed as the huge backlog ?
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
November 12, 2017, 10:59:59 AM
Yesterday and early today people made crazy loads of balances by selling bitcoin and buying BCC. I think now the time has passed already, I feel safe in sticking with bitcoin only. I dont know why but I dont like bitcoincash or even bitcoin gold.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500
November 12, 2017, 10:58:25 AM
There's no proper answer to your question yet. BCH is scoring big numbers since last few days and their market cap is also going up fast. That increase shows that people are investing in BCH in big numbers seeing the growth. So that is not a bad idea to invest at least some percentage of your crypto portfolio in BCH. I mean, as an investor, we all want to make profits. So if we are getting an opportunity like this, why not!

But most probably BCH is riding on a bubble and it will burst soon. As a long term bitcoin investor, the majority of my crypto portfolio belongs to bitcoin only and it will remain the same. Because in long term, bitcoin is the best currency to hold.
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
November 12, 2017, 10:55:00 AM
In the last 24 hours I've thought about it as well but everytime I do it just feels like emotions getting the better of me. I'm just gonna sit and see what happens. I have a personal thresh hold for my cashout but if that happens I don't think I'll be buying anything again for a while.
Activity: 181
Merit: 100
November 12, 2017, 10:53:08 AM
Is it time to sell BTC for some BCH ? Maybe sell 25% holdings of BTC to buy BCH ?

I don't know what to do as I don't have any BCH... what are others doing

If I send 0.2 BTC to an exchange will the BTC transaction get confirmed ? Because there is a big backlog in transactions ??
Pages:
Jump to: