Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it worth holding XRP and BTC, or selling my XRP for more BTC? - page 2. (Read 770 times)

Activity: 623
Merit: 262
At this moment holding entire coins is far better than selling, if you wish to lose your money then you can. The value is dropping everyday and there's no major improvement, so hold your coins and wait patiently unless it turns green.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
I personally choose XRP over BTC, based on its price, there is higher chance to get more profit if i put my investment on XRP. In my calculation, the more coins that i have, the more chance i could get more profit.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 259
I currently have holdings of ETH, XRP, AND BTC. However I believe we may not see prices this cheap for bitcoin in the near future, espeically with institution funds rolling in. Should I sell my XRP for more bitcoin???
BTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTCBTC

I will not do that, at this moment XRP become alternative income when my asset stuck in bitcoin and Eth. You can see from XRP moving action, even not too high ( significant ) but will create income, more days to survive. Don't think that income only came from bitcoin/ eth only because so many coins that also bring us profit, specially XRP.
Activity: 658
Merit: 10
I currently have holdings of ETH, XRP, AND BTC. However I believe we may not see prices this cheap for bitcoin in the near future, espeically with institution funds rolling in. Should I sell my XRP for more bitcoin???

I think you should hold the XRP for a while longer. Because I feel that XRP is in a growth phase and it is growing every week. So I think you should hold until its price is $ 0.8, you can sell it and transfer to BTC. That would be a big profit for number of Bitcoin.
Activity: 700
Don't be too focused or fixated only on bitcoin only. Indeed it is a large coin with the potential he has. but ripple also shows growth is quite good and this is worth to follow. When the ripple can reach a high point again like previous ATH certainly is a huge benefit. so I guess to keep the ripple which you have very unfortunate because removing the coin as good as the ripple.
Activity: 174
The World’s First Blockchain Core
In bear markets always btc is the strongest coin. Altcoins are more soft during bear market. They can be pumped more hard in bull and they can be dumped more hard in bear market. So always in bear masrket i prefer hodling fiat or btc. I think now bear market will continue for some time so i think btc is the best investment decision for now.
Activity: 294
This may be a sensible approach. XRP is too volatile. There is a change in the banks behind this. The long-term holding power of such coins is not as high as bitcoin. On the contrary, the price of Bitcoin is very safe now, and it is safer to hold Bitcoin now.
Activity: 686

No one can decide on you! Because it's your money and If they know altcoin will make a profit, they will invest themselves!
Activity: 924
Merit: 260

Now that the price is down and ethereum is one of the big hit I think it is good to buy them now and hold for a very long time.  Erp has a good potential for growth and like bitcoin I think there have equal opportunities.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
in my opinion for now short-term investments in XRP have a big chance to get big profits, because this XRP is currently very active but if long-term investment might be better BTC or ETH.
For short term any altcoin will do and even XRP.

I'm a long term investor and I won't chunk with those short term profits though its good to have it if you rely on it. And converting all of your altcoins to bitcoin is the best idea that will ever do. Don't wait until bitcoin slash all of those alts before converting to it.
Activity: 479
Merit: 100

My suggestion to you is to keep holding both bitcoin and xrp, so when the price up any in the two coin , you still in profit , don't be greedy
Hold both will be the best, XRP and BTC in the coming time will increase a lot, and now it has increased. BTC has reached 6600$ and XRP has increased to 0.57$, if still hold it is really great

I think by having a Ripple and Bitcoin to held will be very capable to generate more profit. due to the development of both these different coins were able to be opportunities that continue to flow. so it would be nice to have both and support it through holding the coins.
Activity: 616
Merit: 256
It is much better to hold this two major coins in the market as XRP has pumping more this last quarter it is still worth to hold this for it has more potential of having a high value next year and if by chance this could replaced Ethereum as the number 2 spot in the crypto market.  Even if XRP gets pumping better hold it and you will never regret.
Activity: 98
Merit: 2
There is a lot of uncertainly for all three of the currencies mentioned by the OP, so I wouldn't move my eggs into fewer baskets.  Being diversified in terms of crypto assets is a prudent move, though it may hinder returns if one or more of the assets held doesn't follow along when another takes off.  I wouldn't jockey that position, except for perhaps balancing depending on what ratio you're holding them in currently.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1181

If i be you i will hold both of that, even Ripple have pros and contras in crypto, they have backed up by bank if i not wrong, correct me if i'm wrong. So this coin have potential to up in future because it is controlled.
Activity: 770
It is entirely right. but for the suggestion that ripple also has considerable potential. Ripple can be a great altcoin even comparable to ethereum. so it might be unfortunate enough to remove the ripple. better stay resilient because of the potential ripple to be very high in some time. Although this can only be speculation but a ripple capable of shifting the ethereum several times and could be more than that.
Activity: 686
Merit: 131
Generally, it is very good to hodl different coins, especially if you are hedging projects against each other.

But in your case, I would get rid of the xrp.
Ripple is an overvalued, manipulative, coporate, sleazy company that routinely manipulates the price of their own coin.
It is not sustainable and has no place in satoshi nakamotos vision.
Make the right choice by choosing not to support such a corrupt company.

As far as putting it all in btc goes, that is definitely a strong option.
But only if you are looking at short to midterm gains.
I see bitcoin having only one more bull run left in it, maybe two.
But after that, it won't be able to hold its position longer, there are just way too many better coins out there.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
in my opinion for now short-term investments in XRP have a big chance to get big profits, because this XRP is currently very active but if long-term investment might be better BTC or ETH.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 289

My suggestion to you is to keep holding both bitcoin and xrp, so when the price up any in the two coin , you still in profit , don't be greedy
Hold both will be the best, XRP and BTC in the coming time will increase a lot, and now it has increased. BTC has reached 6600$ and XRP has increased to 0.57$, if still hold it is really great
Activity: 448
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

I think XRP is now increasing even if it's only a little, if you still keep it and want to sell it, just sell some so that later if you have a high score you don't regret it. Be patient for a moment, surely the crypto market will be green and many will visit and jump in to be able to trade again.
Activity: 658

I personally choose XRP over BTC right now, cause i compared with my fund, i'll got more coins if i purchase XRP, due the price is still low, and in my calculation, it would be able to generate more profit than BTC, cause I think at the current price of BTC getting a big pump for it will takes whales investors to make their investment on BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: