Pages:
Author

Topic: Is LTC dead? - page 3. (Read 370 times)

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
April 13, 2024, 03:38:57 PM
in a time when tokenization is becoming common, LTC's popularity is getting slimmer.  it is still alive there used to be a big community in LTC with a forum but they shut down the forum so it's hard to say where they spend the LTC.

there was a discussion somewhere in the forum saying it is more logical to have LTC ETF than ETH since LTC is the same as BTC which is not considered a security. while many would agree to it, there are just more institutions that are filing ETH ETF.
Activity: 462
Merit: 304
April 13, 2024, 03:34:35 PM
I think the reason why you are viewing LTC as a dead coin is because you have not been seeing it on trending news like SOL and others are making front pages, but that's far from how you should grade a good and live coin. 

During the time when the bitcoin  network was congested, part of the coins were used by many to carry out their transactions since they also had a cheap rate and a high processing capacity in terms of speed. The project is alive and it's still widely used.
Activity: 280
Merit: 110
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
April 13, 2024, 03:20:13 PM
I don't think it's dead. LTC is one the most famous projects that is widely used for crypto transactions. It has a high processing power and speed of transaction. It's doing pretty well in the market also.

Now the question arises, why are people not talking about it? It's because I've heard that there is some technical issue going on with the projects and the developers are working on it. Moreover the meme coins have attracted the market so much that people don't want to be a part of long term growing on projects. We are focusing more on short term profits.
mk4
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 3817
🪸 NotYourKeys.org 🪸
April 13, 2024, 02:35:12 PM
Litecoin is still live and will still have market pumps but the concept is pretty much dead. People soon realized that "silver to bitcoin's gold" is such a dumb selling point that even I can't believe that I fell for that narrative back in 2016.

Still a good protocol for developers to test things out though.
Activity: 1414
Merit: 915
🇺🇦 Glory to Ukraine!
April 13, 2024, 02:29:57 PM
Is Litecoin dead in your opinion?

I wouldn't say Litecoin is dead, not by a long shot.  Sure, it might not make as many headlines nowdays as in the past, but for me it's still very much alive and kickin'.  I actually prefer using it for daily transactions rather than Bitcoin because the fees are so much lower.  and  Litecoin might not have all the glitz and glamor of some newer cryptos but for getting stuff done fast and on the cheap, it just works.

legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1296
keep walking, Johnnie
April 13, 2024, 01:04:57 PM
You would consider it dead if there's no volume and no one is trading it anymore. It's not the case with LTC.
Even though the daily trading volume is ~$1,100,000,000 (seen on coinmarketcap), for me this project has long looked "half-dead".

Trading volumes are not the only indicator that determines the “liveness” of a project. How are things going with the technological development of this project? How long ago were the improvements made?

A project stops “living” as soon as it stops developing. Isn't that right?

Once, Litecoin was a very famous coin and it was called "Digital Silver".
But nowadays, very few people talk about Litecoin anymore.

The boom times of LTC are far behind and it is difficult for me to consider this project “alive”; the founder gets rid of all his litecoins (under the pretext of not having a conflict of interest with the project) and with the proceeds buys (attention) a traditional bank. For me, initially it looked as if the founder of this project was initially aimed only at earning easy money, and not at developing the project. This project was “stillborn” from the very beginning (imho).

Why do you need digital silver if there is digital gold?
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2420
April 13, 2024, 12:50:42 PM

Far from it.

Does it look like a dead coin to you?

It is the most preferred crypto on bitpay which is the post preferred payment processor. The stats in March isn't much different. LTC is still dominating crypto payments and it is the 5th month in a row. See it yourself: https://bitpay.com/stats/

Its price is a different story though. Price-wise it has been doing crap lately.
legendary
Activity: 3234
Merit: 2943
Block halving is coming.
April 13, 2024, 12:44:42 PM
I don't think LTC is dead if you check the google trends the search about LTC increases a bit, their GitHub page and developers are active they are still submitting commits and fixing some issues.

Check the news there are lots of news about LTC the only reason you didn't hear much about Litecoin it's because there are many projects that outperform Litecoin and new coins are more active than LTC but it doesn't mean LTC is dead or will be dead.

Check their current activity and news below

- https://sosovalue.xyz/trade/LTC-USDT-BINANCE
copper member
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1250
Try Gunbot for a month go to -> https://gunbot.ph
April 13, 2024, 12:31:13 PM
It doesn't mean that when a certain coin is not being talked about, it's dead already but it's more like not relevant to the current trend or narrative that we have on the market. It's always about the narrative when it comes to being talked about.

You would consider it dead if there's no volume and no one is trading it anymore. It's not the case with LTC.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
April 13, 2024, 12:26:02 PM

Pages:
Jump to: